Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Formel Eins Gross Prize von Osterreicehe

2»

Comments

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    fIsince08 said:
    For crying out loud, it's a sport, chill out - there's no need to get abusive because you're happy.

Gutted for Lewis but it was a great race and it's fantastic for the championship.
    Oh come on. It was a little insensitive but he said 'hahahaha'.That's not in the slightest bit "abusive", don't be such a snowflake. 

I'm not going to get too carried away because while this was an unimaginably good day for Vettel's championship, Mercedes set a new bar this weekend. Their pace was very good, and Ferrari can't rely on tyre wear advantages every weekend because the tyres seem to suit a different car every weekend. The Silverstone upgrade needs to work and work well. 
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    fIsince08 said:
    Celebrate Mercedes DNF all you want, it was your attitude to Prawn I took issue with. It was also a warbiwa to the whole board, not just you.
    Thanks Chris, I didn't really appreciate being told to jog on.

Give me a break. As if you guys wouldn't break out the champagne if Ferrari dominated the past few years and are suffering a double DNF.

All that shittalk about the Scuderia, and as soon as I'm doing a bit of **** taking I'm the **** bad guy. And Merc still have the best car at times, this wasn't exactly a title decider. Not yet at least.
    Sure, I would be happy to see a Ferrari double DNF, but I'm not gonna come on here and rub it in your face bud. Not when I know you'd already be annoyed about it.

What shittalk? I don't think I said anything bad about Ferrari.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    VetteIfan said:
    fIsince08 said:
    For crying out loud, it's a sport, chill out - there's no need to get abusive because you're happy.

Gutted for Lewis but it was a great race and it's fantastic for the championship.
    Oh come on. It was a little insensitive but he said 'hahahaha'.That's not in the slightest bit "abusive", don't be such a snowflake. 

I'm not going to get too carried away because while this was an unimaginably good day for Vettel's championship, Mercedes set a new bar this weekend. Their pace was very good, and Ferrari can't rely on tyre wear advantages every weekend because the tyres seem to suit a different car every weekend. The Silverstone upgrade needs to work and work well. 
    That wasn't the post ;)

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    fIsince08 said:
    That wasn't the post ;)
    My bad. Still, don't be a snowflake is good general advice.  

One thing I will say from today, Lewis has turned in to the biggest mard arse in F1 when things aren't going his way. And I accept that's from a Vettel fan, who undisputedly held that honour early in his career, but Lewis has the mantle now. And, imo, it does affect his driving when he falls in to his negative spirals
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    edited July 1
    Give me a break. As if you guys wouldn't break out the champagne if Ferrari dominated the past few years and are suffering a double DNF.

All that shittalk about the Scuderia, and as soon as I'm doing a bit of **** taking I'm the **** bad guy. And Merc still have the best car at times, this wasn't exactly a title decider. Not yet at least.
    Or maybe you're just projecting your poor behaviour onto others...

Gutted for Lewis, but after 33 races in a row it was time for another DNF. Glad it didn't come with Vettel winning the race.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I'm in such a love-hate relationship with Verstappen. I found it so hard to like him after his reluctance to change his approach early in the season (which you can't deny did hurt him points wise, he lost out big time on wins and points when you look at Ricciardo), but the last 3 weekends he's totally had the measure of Ricciardo and been brilliant.

Sucks to be a Hamilton fan of course, what a rubbish day, but that was one of the most enjoyable races I've seen in a long time, considering there wasn't much actual overtaking!

Good effort by Leclerc to come back from the gravel to get points, same for Ericsson and Alonso too, good stuff.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    I'm not getting into further discussions since everybody wants to see me on the gallows no matter what.

But here's a silver lining for all the Merc/Lewis/Bottas/Red Bull fans out there: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/8vd5h9/though_talks_between_mario_isola_pirelli_with_sky/
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    This place is going to be amazing a week from now when Mercedes grabs the 1-2.
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Happy for Max but gutted it was Dani Ric, also every damn time I watch wearing my Red Bull t shirt or hat they win... I’ll have to wear it more often obviously haha
     #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull | #blessed

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    Enjoyable race that, which was unexpected after the Mercedes were leading 1-2 after lap 1. Good to see Max back on top of the podium after his struggles at the start of the season! Just think where he and Ricciardo could be if not for the accidents and car failures at the start of the season, add Bottas to that as well and we could be in the midst of a 5 way battle for the title. Even Kimi hasn't been a million miles away. 

Lets just hope we get a last race title decider this season, been a while since we've had one between two different cars or more. 
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

2»