Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

VR support in F1 2018?

Answers

• Blaquebot54Blaquebot54 Member New Car Smell
    Being and enthusiast of racing sims and VR I understand the allure of being totally immersed in the game. While racing VR still has a way to go to being included in many platforms I'll continue to enjoy my racing in any form I can get it. I look forward to the VR experience! 
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    Being and enthusiast of racing sims and VR I understand the allure of being totally immersed in the game. While racing VR still has a way to go to being included in many platforms I'll continue to enjoy my racing in any form I can get it. I look forward to the VR experience! 
    Well, you won't find it here.
  • MrMorpheusMrMorpheus Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2018
    marosimark said:
    @Francisnf No, it hasn't been confirmed. I think if VR would be supported than Lee would've talked about it yesterday. So I think VR players have to wait another year.
    Or two. Or three. Or until someone else gets the franchise.
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member Unleaded
    I am very, very disappointed that after so many years there is no VR support. What a shame!
  • djeverestdjeverest Member New Car Smell
    I agree with @TigerFeetz. The introduction of the Halo makes a VR mode in F1 2018 a must have feature!
    Codemasters wants to get players into the F1 world as much as possible, so with the Halo nowadays, they should support the VR community too in order to get that specific feel in the cars. I cannot imagin Codemasters has not paid attention to this, as they also were solving the Halo display issue on 2D screens. So I just hope they get this thing working in VR too with the 2018 release. Definately looking forward to it!
  • djeverestdjeverest Member New Car Smell
    Imagin going through Eau Rouge in VR mode.... that would be WOW!!!
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    The graphics in F1 are getting pretty high-end these days, I would expect VR would need some compromises graphically, that's probably half of the issue implementing it. Not that it couldn't be done.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    djeverest said:
    I dunno. Since you can't feel the G-forces, racing in VR still seems kinda 'meh' to me.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
    edited July 2018
    djeverest said:
    I dunno. Since you can't feel the G-forces, racing in VR still seems kinda 'meh' to me.

djeverest said:

And that's a lot much better than a 2d screen, right? That's why you feel a lot better about the car, the track, the curves, the better visibility and the most sense.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    The graphics in F1 are getting pretty high-end these days, I would expect VR would need some compromises graphically, that's probably half of the issue implementing it. Not that it couldn't be done.
    Pcars2 has a lot more demanding graphics and has VR support. Myself I won't be buying another Codemasters F1 game until they add support.  I've been here since the beginning and bought it each year, but I have no interest in playing a racing sim without VR, as it doesn't give me the same buzz. 

I've seen people say the current spec engine doesn't have VR support like the last one, but that's a load of rubbish. Why would you downgrade an engine capabilities with a so called improved engine. It seems to me they just can't be bothered to support VR, each year its the most requested feature, each year its totally ignored. 
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    Hughesy said:
    Pcars2 has a lot more demanding graphics and has VR support. Myself I won't be buying another Codemasters F1 game until they add support.  I've been here since the beginning and bought it each year, but I have no interest in playing a racing sim without VR, as it doesn't give me the same buzz. 

I've seen people say the current spec engine doesn't have VR support like the last one, but that's a load of rubbish. Why would you downgrade an engine capabilities with a so called improved engine. It seems to me they just can't be bothered to support VR, each year its the most requested feature, each year its totally ignored. 
    Apart from the official F1 HUD, yeah? Lol 😂
  • BrainBomberBrainBomber Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2018
    Since PS4/X1 doesn't support vr, PC gamers have to wait.
    F1 Series are  console SIM, they don't concern about PC gamers when their games sell on steam are less than 200-300,000 copies.
    How much percent of that number own a VR?

However they don't add VR support because they are lazy developers, almost every racing studio brought vr support for their games, LFS did that, Pcars, A. Corsa, Rfactor 2, Even R3E with that DX9 engine has vr.
    Indie game like  Racecraft vr's Supp is coming also,

So don't listen to "thats pricey" or other nonsense , they  just dont want to implement VR supp, that's it.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited August 2018
    Except its not, each year they do a survey and VR is the most requested feature and has been for 3 years. 
    I can see why people don't come to this section of the forum, it's full of people that's sole purpose is to disrupt conversations. 
    And they get a F1 license, which is a shame. And they have E sports competition without VR. What a shame!
    You're boring . To Codemasters know that this would be an update of 100 MB not 60 euro game.
  • martblokemartbloke Member Co-Driver
    Hughesy said:
    Except its not, each year they do a survey and VR is the most requested feature and has been for 3 years. 
    I'd stake my mortgage on "working safety car" being more requested this year than VR.
    Love how people that disagree with a counter argument to their flawed statement 'flag' thethe comm rather than just disagree 🤦
  • JosephSpacekJosephSpacek Member New Car Smell
    Hughesy said:

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited August 2018
    @JosephSpacek

Not to mention that they quite pleasantly did make VR possible for "Dirt Rally" which runs on the same "ego engine" as all the other Codemasters games.....
    Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • bporionbporion Member New Car Smell
    I just hope they loose the licence and fast ! its a good thing that their is a great mode for Assetto Corsa , Formula Hybrid 2018 , but I still want an official F1 game whit all the bells and whistles including VR ! this years game is the first I am not buying and will not buy another until they do like all the major racing games , sims , and  support VR