Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 4
    Need more feedback on pad for steering angle. Full right or full left doesn't always harm your lap time in the same way it's destroying tyres, and it can be hard to differentiate. 

China I was able to do a better job with some setup changes and minding stick angles on the long duration stuff. Mainly guesswork though. 

Someone in 16 or 17 suggested having the tyre wear test overlay available when lapping or racing, I think that would help. Give me that rather than the countdown to DRS zone, which I find pointless. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • kingmjjkingmjj Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited September 4
    Silverstone is a horrow show. Had a league race there and the front left got to 109C despite smooth inputs and everything. 4 laps in and I’m suddenly 1.3-1.8 seconds off the pace. Pad is a mare 
  • kubakwkubakw Member Unleaded
    I'm on wheel with medium TC and so far I only had overheating trouble in Spain, Hungary and Singapore (but in full wet conditions). In wet I thought it probably was traction related, but then I raced in intermediate conditions in Japan and temps were fine. In Spain and Hungary it's mostly due to fast long corners and as long as I tried to steer smoothly it was manageable. Surprisingly no trouble in Monaco. Moving the balance slightly forward (5-6) helps a lot.
  • Davidepotenza19Davidepotenza19 Member New Car Smell

guys is useless the problem exists seriously for users with the pad
    because in racetracks as a monk it is absolutely impossible to cool the IMPOSSIBLE tires.
    It is useless to give examples of the type the true pilots of f1 must also manage this for units that they are true pilots but in their case everyone must do so and then their times fall accordingly.
    in this case especially if you play 110 and without help the AI is very fast times and having to do managing the tires is almost impossible but in some tracks like barcelona China Australia Bahrain and others you can
    but in tracks like monk Singapore and Hungary for pad users it is impossible and nothing is resolved with the set-up
    Again I repeat, there is a huge problem for pad users
    because in tires like monaco and singapore the tires overheat
    and there is nothing to do unfortunately for us pad users is a real bug then Codemasters must adjust this thing because it's OK to be more delicate and careful when you make the curves but in the tracks as a monk and almost impossible to play
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Senna1990 said:
     Which tracks are most problematic for you?
    bahrain short and long, china ,front right Spain front right but left quickly follows about a lap later ,monaco, both fronts and rears Austria front left worst then right but still the same russia both fronts over heat and never call down,singapore,all tires overheat, Germany front left ,Hungary both front over heat in same time, spa both fronts over heat after 3 laps ,Mexico front left, brazil both fronts over heat , dubi same both fronts over heat.

Is it a specific tyre compound?
    happens across hyper to hard, we know tires heat up thats fine but they never cool down and they shouldnt overheat so you have no front end grip in 5 lap online lobbies same in offline modes

Are you using a controller or a wheel?
    pad tried pad settings changes but still happens,

Which Traction Control setting are you on?
    happens across all 3 settings but mainly affects the fronts, they heat but never cool back down no matter how you try to drive around them, we have all tried full,med and off abs off doesnt help either
    Abs on and off doesn't help either,

Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
    it happens across all default set ups,
    set up tweaks to the suspension, tire pressures, ballast brake pressure and bias or any other set up changes don't help anything in some cases even cause the rears to over heat as well,

And what length are the races? 
    3 laps you end up over heating them in a lap and a half
    5laps you get about 3 laps of grip if your lucky,
    other races it vaies but you over heat early and can never get them cool you can sit on the side of the track in practice etc with overheated fronts and they never cool down yes tires should heat up but they shouldnt overheat and ruin races after 3 laps, doesn't happen in the real world so why would it happen in a game, 

Please explain why you are off-topicing people
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • HillZeroHillZero Member New Car Smell
    Also having the  same issues tires overheat far too quick and nver cool down
    no tc abs etc
    set up changes make no difference
    xbox 1 
    pad user
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 11
    Faya said:
    Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

"Which tracks are most problematic for you?" So far I've had serious trouble at Monaco, Singapore, and the U.S. I've had issues with other tracks, but it's been managableish...

"Is it a specific tyre compound?" Not really but it does hit harder with the softer tyres.

"Are you using a controller or a wheel?" Controller

"Which Traction Control setting are you on?" Full

"Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?" In all cases I have the tyre pressure down as far as it can go to try to mitigate the issues. The rest of it is pretty close to the standard mid setup.

"And what length are the races?" 25% so far 

Post edited by Zachrulez on
  • kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    Which tracks are most problematic for you? Monaco. 
    Is it a specific tyre compound? All of them, Just the fronts for me. Only takes me 5 laps for the Red Tires to turn yellow going two seconds off the pace of the leaders in a ferrari. Softer compounds heat up even faster and too hot before lap 5. 
    Are you using a controller or a wheel? Controller
    Which Traction Control setting are you on? Medium
    Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using? Setup choice hasn't seemed to matter. 
    area 10/8 trans, 60%/72%, susp geo 3.3/1.8/.13/.44, Susp 8/9/7/9/6/6, Brakes 77%/ 50, Tires 22.6, 20.3, ballast 5
    And what length are the races? 50%
  • DaveDave12345DaveDave12345 Member Unleaded
    This is real.

Pad User, did a 5 lap race in France. Led by 2 seconds after two laps then get completely swallowed up and finish 3 seconds behind. Fastest lap over 0.6s quicker than anyone else.

I quite like the idea of accurately modelling tyre behaviour, but I then did a race cooling the tyres, and still fell off the pace.
    kobra167 said:
    Which tracks are most problematic for you? Monaco. 
    Is it a specific tyre compound? All of them, Just the fronts for me. Only takes me 5 laps for the Red Tires to turn yellow going two seconds off the pace of the leaders in a ferrari. Softer compounds heat up even faster and too hot before lap 5. 
    Are you using a controller or a wheel? Controller
    Which Traction Control setting are you on? Medium
    Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using? Setup choice hasn't seemed to matter. 
    area 10/8 trans, 60%/72%, susp geo 3.3/1.8/.13/.44, Susp 8/9/7/9/6/6, Brakes 77%/ 50, Tires 22.6, 20.3, ballast 5
    And what length are the races? 50%
    I've gone back to try again with camber as flat as it can be. slowest tire pressure can be. Just to see.  All it did was gave me two extra laps before they were boiling. 
    I also visited Singapore in a Ranked Session. The fronts were blood red and I wasn't even pushing. 
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 5
    Spain, Monaco, France, Hungary, Singapore. I haven't yet done a race in Japan, USA and Brazil so those I can't give you an answer to.
    Normally, the softest compound in each weekend. The hardest one seems to be "okay" but near the end of its stint it overheats slightly.
    Controller.
    No TC or medium. Found no difference in tyre temperatures.
    Slight tweaks of the balanced setup. More downforce for Monaco, less downforce for Italy for example. On the tracks I have referred at the beginning, I lower tyre pressures as most as possible. It's still the same. Overheating.
    50%.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    I’m getting the feeling that most of the nice changes in the game are going to be rolled back which is a pity.

havent actually raced the A.I. Yet but doubt it’s worth it if they’re the same as 2017. Hope it doesn’t end up that you don’t have to be careful with your tires at all now after the next patch.
  • PumaSpecPumaSpec Member Unleaded
    For pad users just lower the tyre pressures ever so slightly on your set up. If that doesn't work then lower them further.

It won't harm your lap times and should sort this issue out. Worked for me. :-) 
    Again I repeat, there is a huge problem for pad users
    because in tires like monaco and singapore the tires overheat
    and there is nothing to do unfortunately for us pad users is a real bug then Codemasters must adjust this thing because it's OK to be more delicate and careful when you make the curves but in the tracks as a monk and almost impossible to play
    I agree. Monaco, Singapore, and Brazil. Those tires temps are sky high. It's either be 5 seconds slower than race pace to keep them cool or let the boil and still be 5 seconds slow. And there is nothing you can do with the setup to alleviate that. 
  • rocojuanclarkusrocojuanclarkus Member New Car Smell
    edited September 5
    Message to Codemasters.... 

***Please fix this bug!***
    Just did Singapore and it is ridiculous. After 3 laps you are 2-3 seconds off the pace and the car feels horrendous. I did some tests in practice and there is nothing you can do once the temps are in the red..even slowing down to 50mph and not even accelerating. It is nothing to do with setups or how you drive with the controller, it's a nasty bug pure and simple. Completely ruins the career experience. 
    PumaSpec
    Are you user pad or steering wheel?
    in any case, changing the structure does not change anything
    I put the tire pressure and nothing has changed
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 5
    Message to Codemasters.... 

***Please fix this bug!***
    Just did Singapore and it is ridiculous. After 3 laps you are 2-3 seconds off the pace and the car feels horrendous. I did some tests in practice and there is nothing you can do once the temps are in the red..even slowing down to 50mph and not even accelerating. It is nothing to do with setups or how you drive with the controller, it's a nasty bug pure and simple. Completely ruins the career experience. 
    The trick is to prevent them from starting to overheat in the first place.. Before they reach the 'yellow' temp around 103 degrees, stop pushing, don't 'lean' on/scrub the tyres too much and they will come down a degree or two within a minute or so. The heating and cooling of carcass temps happens over a laps worth of time or even multiple laps; once they are orange or red it's pretty much too late and the sliding will only overheat them further.
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    PumaSpec said:
    For pad users just lower the tyre pressures ever so slightly on your set up. If that doesn't work then lower them further.

It won't harm your lap times and should sort this issue out. Worked for me. :-) 
    doesn't work even if you run the lowest of pressures