Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• Davidepotenza19Davidepotenza19 Member New Car Smell
    you said if I understood correctly (sorry but English is not my language)
    that we pad users have to lower our level of play
    while I said that Codemasters should add driving assistance regarding tire overheating
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    i suggested that you should be arguing to have an option to revert to the 2017 tyre model which would be the best and easiest way to combat the issue 
  • FreddusFreddus Member Wheel Nut
    you said if I understood correctly (sorry but English is not my language)
    that we pad users have to lower our level of play
    while I said that Codemasters should add driving assistance regarding tire overheating
    Codemastets don't have to add any driving assistance in addition to the ones you've already got. You've got traction control, abs, stability control racing lines, braking assists, AI difficulty slider etc. so I think,you have enough to cater the experience it your liking. Don't be one of those who when given an inch wants a whole mile. 
    pity that in the assetto corsa thanks to the structure you can avoid this problem while Formula 1 no.
    Then you can not in any way compare assetto corsa and formula 1
    @CaptainAust
    it is then we have the same idea
    that's what I'm asking for.
    it's the only way to make everyone happy
    @Freddus
    Think of it as you wish
    What changes if Codemasters adds this help
    edited September 13
    Codemasters should not penalize anyone should just add help to the guide for pad users.
    so who wants it active and who does not want it does not activate it.
    I believe it is the most just and democratic thing
    This is not a question of democracy; it's a question of realism. Is the tyre model realistic or not? Are codemasters supposed to make a game that is realistic, or should they make a game to suit you specifically, including your 110 AI fixation. 
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    Guys, as much as I like the tyre temperatures in this game (they definitely shouldn't dumb it down) keep in mind that a lot of the more casual pad players just can't keep the temps under control even in they drive more slowly. Telling them to reduce AI is not a solution because they're spinning out. It's a bit like not having traction control in a game and then telling those people the traction is really not a problem at all and they should lower the AI to compensate, think about it. In both cases it's not the pace that is the problem, it's the drivability and difficulty that can ruin someone's enjoyment. This game should be playable for everyone and we should actually support their request for an assist/option as long as it doesn't change the system for those who enjoy it.
    edited September 13
    Guys, as much as I like the tyre temperatures in this game (they definitely shouldn't dumb it down) keep in mind that a lot of the more casual pad players just can't keep the temps under control even in they drive more slowly. Telling them to reduce AI is not a solution because they're spinning out. It's a bit like not having traction control in a game and then telling those people the traction is really not a problem at all and they should lower the AI to compensate, think about it. In both cases it's not the pace that is the problem, it's the drivability and difficulty that can ruin someone's enjoyment. This game should be playable for everyone and we should actually support their request for an assist/option as long as it doesn't change the system for those who enjoy it.
    So what's the solution then? 

Also what's the AI slider for? 
    the solution is to add this help to the guide.
    whoever wants to activate it activates it
    those who do not want do not activate it.
    the slider for the difficulty is for people to understand according to their times sd adapt to the times that the AI
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    but dive-ability and difficulty are directly related to pace, and the ai pace is dictated by the difficulty slider. there are assist to be used,, as much as i think a '2017/2018 tyre model' option would make everyone happy,, ive been thinking that will be too hard. As much as i have been critical of codemasters and bugs,, they have got this part right and provided enough options for people to adapt. The only other option is to make next years game a full F1 sim zero assists, cockpit view only , optimised for wheel,, halo on only,, full F1 with only a difficulty slider,,,, you buy it , you know what you are in for!
    the solution is to add this help to the guide.
    whoever wants to activate it activates it
    those who do not want do not activate it.
    the slider for the difficulty is for people to understand according to their times sd adapt to the times that the AI
    You mean activate a heating model in which the tyres will not overheat? 
    In the circuits of Monaco and Singapore
    for all the others, no
    if Formula 1 were sold as a real simulator we would not be here to complain
    But since we are talking about a simarcade, then I expect that with the pad I have full playability
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 13
    Freddus said:
    So what's the solution then? 

Also what's the AI slider for? 
    The solution could be an option for less sensitive tyre temperatures. It wouldn't affect anybody who enjoys the current system but it would help anyone that doesn't want it to be a factor as well. 

Like I explained in the post, the AI pace has got nothing to do with it. What's happening for people who struggle the most is they likely can't even finish these races races because they get caught in a snowball effect of overheating -> sliding -> overheating more -> undrivable -> planted in the wall or dead last -> quit game frustrated and deem it unplayable.
    if Formula 1 were sold as a real simulator we would not be here to complain
    But since we are talking about a simarcade, then I expect that with the pad I have full playability
    On the back of the box it says that f1 2018 has the most accurate simulation model yet. 

How is it an accurate simulation model if the tyres never overheat? 
    Look after this sentence I can also leave the forum if formula 1 is a simulation game then my friend you have NEVER played a simulation game like assetto corsa
    Look after this sentence I can also leave the forum if formula 1 is a simulation game then my friend you have NEVER played a simulation game like assetto corsa
    Of course f1 2018 is a simulation game. It's a bit dumbed down compared to something like Asetto Corsa bacause pad players, but that doesn't mean it's automatically a "simcade" ,whatever that means, and that because of that the tyres must never, ever overheat. 
    Akkan74 said:
    It’s not a hard simulation because of all the whining in this forum over the years. 
    Look at the first pages. Full of threads with complaints to make it more arcade (e.g. tyre heating is bad, can’t solve all practice programs, i only get green in the programs, AI is too hard, AI is to easy, last year i used 110AI and now it’s not possible, AI too fast in qualifying, ...)
    And on the other hand the same guys blame CM to not making a hardcore simulation game. 
    Sometimes i understood why there is less and less response from CM. 
    Couldn't agree more.

i hope they keep moving closer and closer towards realism each year and next year it's even more hardcore.

Maybe we'll finally get tyre flat spotting, as well as a few other tweaks towards more versimilitude.