Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• urmaw999111urmaw999111 Member New Car Smell
    5 non aggressive laps around Singapore and Ultras are fried. Only track I have a problem with promptly retired as I need to do a **** 5 stop to have grip
  • Lewis44TheWinLewis44TheWin Member Wheel Nut
    If you go back and watch the dev diary that has to do with the tire and handling models in this years game, they state that players will need to choose how to attack/when to attack in reguards to protecting and using the tires. I'm a pad user, on both consoles, I have zero issues with tires, I enjoy the new model. I like many others had to adjust parts of my driving style, as I have said in other threads XB1 I use my elite controller, it's heavier sticks allow for smooth input while turning, PS4 I simply add Control Freeks, they have a website that outlines which set would be best for specific types of games, to include racing, they are available for both systems and are great for XB if you don't have an elite controller, I bought them for MLB the show and have never looked back. 

• kingmjjkingmjj Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    I know there’s probably an article thread about tyre temps but is anything going to be done for pad users? It’s getting to the point it’s ridiculous. No matter how easy you are on the pad or what your setup is the tyres will unrealistically overheat. In street circuits it’s the worst which makes absolutely no sense. It’s becoming less and less enjoyable to play this game because as soon as your tyres hit 105 that’s it. You can’t ever cool them down and you start sliding despite having 17% tyre wear. Makes league racing such a chore as no one is even racing properly just sat there trying to figure out how to drive safely with lava tyres. 111C is ridiculous for tyre temps in Singapore. Just makes literally no sense for a slow corner track. Hope something is done soon because this game isn’t fun 
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi there,

I've merged a new discussion about the tyre temps in with the main discussion on them.

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience while the team continues to discuss this.
    Just wanted to add I did a race in Singapore this morning using the pad on the PS4 and had no issues with managing the tyre temperatures, using no assists.  
    I do struggle at Monaco but managed Singapore without the tyre overheating issues. 
    Know im going to get bashed for saying this but I really do think it’s a case of a lot of people pushing the car too hard to keep up with higher difficulty settings they were used to on previous games (as well as on the majority of tracks on this years game) and not being willing to admit that they need to drive a bit slower to manage the tyres as well as adjust the way they drive the car.

Maybe the problem could be softened by evening out the difficulty on certain tracks. Either that or the player could lower the difficulty on those particular tracks themselves as a work-around. 
    100% agree. Zero issues here either.

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Wait this is still going? I can't be bothered to even read the messages anymore. Maybe I should try using the pad. I might get back to you. If I don't, tag me.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    I’m tempted to make a thread with a poll to see what people think of the default difficulty on all tracks. I’ve found a difficulty setting that works for me overall but I did find I was WAY too quick compared to the AI on Canada and Austria (and somewhat also Italy too strangely), where I really seem to struggle on Monaco and Singapore in terms of pace.

I know it could be just me personally being a bit cack at the city tracks but I find I’m constantly playing around with the difficulty slider where the AI seem a fair bit uneven in terms of pace.
  • Aquila0302Aquila0302 Member New Car Smell
    I race on a pad as well. I turned the AI down for Singapore/Monaco because I had to save tyres right from the start in order to keep them from overheating. It is just a bit weird if you are closely matched with 105 AI in terms of Qualifying pace and then having to turn it down to 90-95 in the race in order to be even remotely competitive.
    So if you're overheating the tires does the color change on the MFD? Or does it just give temperature readouts?

• ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I’m tempted to make a thread with a poll to see what people think of the default difficulty on all tracks. I’ve found a difficulty setting that works for me overall but I did find I was WAY too quick compared to the AI on Canada and Austria (and somewhat also Italy too strangely), where I really seem to struggle on Monaco and Singapore in terms of pace.

I know it could be just me personally being a bit cack at the city tracks but I find I’m constantly playing around with the difficulty slider where the AI seem a fair bit uneven in terms of pace.
    Yeah I'm actually really good at Austria and if this were a true sim that's a track that should give serious wear and heating problems.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    So if you're overheating the tires does the color change on the MFD? Or does it just give temperature readouts?
    colour change and number readout on the MFD
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I hope it's not completely insane to suggest that the classic car tyre temperature system be an option that the player can select. The tyres on those cars are much easier to manage and it would be a good option for people who are struggling at certain tracks. I've gotten the classic tyres yellow on some tracks but haven't had any serious overheating issues on any of the tracks I've run on with that temperature system. It might not be realistic but it might help people who are struggling really badly to have that option for some tracks.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 16
    I'm a pad user on PS4, just finished Singapore race in Career.

singapore and Monaco my tyre temperatures kept going through the roof - not had this problem at other tracks and not sure how to get around this. I'm already a lot slower at these 2 tracks compared to other circuits so by looking after tyres im just gonna be even slower - not sure I like the sound of that 
  • HAMW05WC2014HAMW05WC2014 Member Unleaded
    Pad user, Xbox one, No assists. Generally play Hard AI. No issues what so ever on any circuit with at least a 50% race. I think it is no issue with the game and simply people who dont know how to manage tyres instead blaming the game physics. I wonder how many of those who have complained are the same ones that would complain persisantly that the games werent realistic enough in the past. Codies cant win!
  • HauptmannSebaHauptmannSeba Member New Car Smell
    Pad user here, doesn't have much problem on 50% races and below but yesterday i tried 100% race and noticed that my tyres are overheating after 12-16 laps. On 50% races i never raced more than 10-11 laps on one tyre compounds so everything was good, exept Singapore. What i noticed during 100% race is that we have reduced tyre degradation compared to 50% races but not tyre temperatures cuz they rise and fall the same way as on 50% or 5 lap races. The best solution for me would be option to have normal tyre temperatures as they are now, reduced and off. If its too complicated to add reduced option, just simple on and off so players that like current tyre temperatures are happy and players that have problems with TT are happy too.
  • BluRacer7BluRacer7 Member New Car Smell
    kingmjj said:
    I know there’s probably an article thread about tyre temps but is anything going to be done for pad users? It’s getting to the point it’s ridiculous. No matter how easy you are on the pad or what your setup is the tyres will unrealistically overheat. In street circuits it’s the worst which makes absolutely no sense. It’s becoming less and less enjoyable to play this game because as soon as your tyres hit 105 that’s it. You can’t ever cool them down and you start sliding despite having 17% tyre wear. Makes league racing such a chore as no one is even racing properly just sat there trying to figure out how to drive safely with lava tyres. 111C is ridiculous for tyre temps in Singapore. Just makes literally no sense for a slow corner track. Hope something is done soon because this game isn’t fun 
    This is what I was talking about in one of the Discords I'm in, it happened ever since the v1.06 patch, it's obviously a bug where it becomes unrealistic no matter how hard you change your approach to corners and making excuses say you drive better when that's all you can do and setups changes doesn't do anything either. CM had to fix this, makes racing AI on higher difficulty not fun at all.
  • kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    Did you guys hear Hamilton in the race this morning at Singapore complaining about his tire temps being too cold in real life!?! And the Ferrari's had trouble getting their tires to heat fast enough in qualifying the day before.  I had to laugh, because had they been playing the F1 2018 game. Both of them would no problem with the lack of tire heat!!! 
  • wenjunyang1990wenjunyang1990 Member New Car Smell
    Tires have no problems for me but brakes always getting overheat.
    Temp around 950℃~1000℃
    @Faya