Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Revert AI Aggression Petition

IlluminatiCatIlluminatiCat Member New Car Smell
The driver aggression previously saw top cars battle it out in a realistic manner. Accidents do occur in this sport, if you're in the wrong position, your opposition isn't simply going to forgive you. I find that the AI after the recent patch 1.04 have really ruined the experience. At 100% difficulty, I've managed to just divebomb my way from 20th to 10th on the opening lap, with the haas, when I shouldn't even be anywhere near 10th at the end of the race regardless. I went from consistent P7s to challenging race wins at the same difficulty and car level, just because of the passiveness of the AI. I loved seeing Hamilton and Vettel battle it out early on in the race making moves on eachother, one of them eventually spinning out, being able to pounce on other drivers, when two of them are battling infront of you, the safety car being called out randomly and not because of player error.

Please revert the driver aggression. I felt as though it was a massive step forward in this series, and I'm extremely sad to see it go.

Comments

• Icecream76Icecream76 Member Unleaded
    you could dive bomb from the beginning.. infact you could dive bomb before the game came out (in beta) as per the 2 weeks of videos by youtubers showing it.

• ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 13
    What were the tracks and weather conditions where you could dive bomb and AI being passive. Do you have any video of this? 
    Post edited by ThunderCats101 on
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    My AI seem the same as pre-patch.       
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    Soloution: don’t dive bomb.
    Drive as if it was real and you could get hurt or cause an accident.  Pass if there is a clean opportunity where you know you won’t damage the car.  You wouldn’t do it if there was no flashback and no restart allowed so drive like that and if you do have an accident just live with it and drive into the pits and change your strategy.
  • Icecream76Icecream76 Member Unleaded
    edited September 13
    Acerees said:
    Soloution: don’t dive bomb.
    Drive as if it was real and you could get hurt or cause an accident.  Pass if there is a clean opportunity where you know you won’t damage the car.  You wouldn’t do it if there was no flashback and no restart allowed so drive like that and if you do have an accident just live with it and drive into the pits and change your strategy.
    while this is excellent advice, if they can't help themselves dive bombing into corner 1 lap 1, they won't live with 'bugger i broke my nosecone' even a little bit, (flashback / replay to the rescue) but will complain about the AI and how it ruins immersion.  :frowning: go figure.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Did they change anything in the AI? I thought this was unsubstantiated, we saw some vids where AI gave space rather than cause an accident, left me a little non-plussed. I didn't notice anything personally but I'm aware there are many who have raced the AI a heck of a lot more, so perhaps there is something there.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    edited September 13
    I can't tell, I put too much into McLaren and now they are untouchable lmao! When I race the AI only Alonso can give me pressure! But then I have been doing every practice programme and session bar P3! It will make moving to Williams that much more fun, I think they are the only team in my career mode that haven't progressed! Racing McLaren at basic state was unreal but it could be because of that.
    Since patches and progression I have seen a few times AI backing out, not by much but still putting the brakes on more than normal, but it could be just that my car is now too fast for them that it seems I'm dive bombing them ;) Only once Alonso backed off me, there was plenty of room but not sure if it was because of a teammate thing in an AI command? Or if it was just an unusual line I took out of the corner (still had plenty of room but not sure how much wiggle room the AI have to do moves with).
    So I understand why people are bringing up this AI de-aggression thing. I'll personally find out as soon as I move to Williams..
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
    If moving to a much less competitive car brings back the hard fight I'll just make sure I don't do so much R&D next time round. Maybe just quali and race.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    FRACTURED said:
    Did they change anything in the AI? I thought this was unsubstantiated, we saw some vids where AI gave space rather than cause an accident, left me a little non-plussed. I didn't notice anything personally but I'm aware there are many who have raced the AI a heck of a lot more, so perhaps there is something there.
    The AI do back out if they know they have lost the corner.  You have to be alongside them not nose by back wheel.  Even then sometimes they will try to go around the outside of the corner and will make mistakes occasionally (running wide / locking up).  My only complaint is that they will drive into your rear when their front wheel is by your rear wheel.  On most tracks you can get away with this and just give them space and try to outbreak them in the next corner but around Monaco it pretty much means a race ending crash as they just ram you off.  In general the AI is better than last year but that tendency to hit you from behind is still there.  Must be a hard balance for Codies to strike otherwise they would have sorted it no doubt.
  • squallessqualles Member Unleaded
    in patch 1.06 is even worse

since 1.05 patch the AI giving you the position like in blue flag

• MetzgerovMetzgerov Member Unleaded
    AI haven't changed at all. Every patch people "think" the AI behave different...its hilarious
    edited September 13
    completely changed, i´m back to 1.04 patch here (backup the files) and its very evident the differences

you can feel the difference in one lap
    How can one disagree with anothers evidence if they haven't seen the evidence for themselves yet?
    It is possible things can change without some knowing, its also possible some formats could have different changes.
    Although videos are always helpful to see any changes people are facing. Maybe comparison video if any good at playing with video mixing software.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
  • simon7109simon7109 Member Unleaded
    I don't see anything different. And I think the devs would state it in the patch notes if they changed something this big.
  • johnboy83johnboy83 Member New Car Smell
    While I don’t know much about coding and game production, I am pretty sure, that there is a risk that by changing the code for a certain part / process / general thing, you risk alterering something else in the game too as a result due to the nature coding works. Could be that it’s not included in the patch notes, because it was unintentional. I for one however didn’t notice a change in the AI in patch 1.05 and I played on multiple tracks, although I haven’t played 1.06 yet so cant comment. 
  • simon7109simon7109 Member Unleaded
    johnboy83 said:
    While I don’t know much about coding and game production, I am pretty sure, that there is a risk that by changing the code for a certain part / process / general thing, you risk alterering something else in the game too as a result due to the nature coding works. Could be that it’s not included in the patch notes, because it was unintentional. I for one however didn’t notice a change in the AI in patch 1.05 and I played on multiple tracks, although I haven’t played 1.06 yet so cant comment. 
    Maybe if they would've changed something with the codint of the AI it could happen, but they did not touch the AI either.
  • MetzgerovMetzgerov Member Unleaded
    They should really do research on the "Placebo effect" with Codemasters F1 games. Every year its the same thing with people creating fantasies of things that happen (or don't happen) when patches come out.

Its quite fascinating to observe.
    i think impossible don´t see the differences before and post patch... maybe have people liking overtake everyone like if blue flag, but its ridiculous