Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 21
    Lowering the AI difficulty doesn't even solve the overheating problems. It just weakens the AI to compensate, but because you're compensating for your drop in pace you'll actually be dominant early in a race stint. (Before the temperatures are a problem.) It's not really a solution.

Telling people to get better is a pretty flippant suggestion as well because it's not skill that's the problem it's the method of control being impossible to manage on a couple of certain tracks.

Telling people to buy a wheel pretends that people don't have issues preventing them from getting one... whether financial or logistical... ect.

• speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    @speeddemon8021

There are some people here who can't stay civil nor give any constructive criticism or at least some proper feedback or evidence that can be used to understand the problem they apparently are experiencing but rather are totally obnoxious towards their fella members and unnecessarily beat around the bush for no reason.

Your problem seems to be ego, as you refuse to accept that Codemasters are trying to promote a harder challenge for once, hell, you prefer to use a pad over a wheel.....

Challenge hard = fine I’m all for that

challenge impossible = no thanks

i could drive around in 2nd gear and would still see twice as much tyre wear and rise of tyre temperature as a wheel guy on the few given tracks! How can that possibly be right?? If I was on the wheel I wouldn’t even want to win knowing that I only did so because I had a huge advantage given to me by a fault of the game.
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member Unleaded
    edited September 21
    With the lowest tyre pressure and the chassis upgrade "heat dispersing wheel rims" every tyre wear upgrade. Still not to do. So yes now I have to put down mine AI level.... This is in Singapore
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 21
    ...it's the proper way to play them tbh, but to each their own...
    For me the proper way to play them, is to not be a complete scumbag who sets out to either cheat their way to wins, or just mash people off track. Other than that I honestly don't care. A lot of my "assists hate" is down to how the game used to work autospins. IE No assists, spun off everytime such a situation arises. Assists on, Tank like, autospin the no assisters.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    It is a issue! For almost every pad driver. Why should i or someone else drop the ai difficulty level because of this? Monaco and Singapore for controlling the tires temps they drop 10 sec of race pace in real. That's perfect then pad drivers can control the temps to. In the game the AI are driving simulation race. Not even own setups etc. So yeah this is a issue.

Or a you so rich @mattplev ? Then buy me a fanatec elite for ps4 and a race seat;)
    Ah I remember the days that Mercedes were trying to improve and they had Schu and Roseberg scoring some great qualifying positions but because of a fundamental difference in the car they were over heating the tyres in the races.  Do you know what they did?  They changed set up, they designed the car differently and the drivers had to drive differently to try and score some points.  Now pad users or anyone else struggling with this issue in game have a similar dilemma... but you can change your opponents to be a better pace in the race (an option they didn’t have).  You too can change set up, you can design the car differently (R+D) and you can change the way you drive however you want other people to change.  I think that is the issue with the world nowadays why should we change everything else should change around us. Please can we Stop the planet I want off.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Acerees said:
    It is a issue! For almost every pad driver. Why should i or someone else drop the ai difficulty level because of this? Monaco and Singapore for controlling the tires temps they drop 10 sec of race pace in real. That's perfect then pad drivers can control the temps to. In the game the AI are driving simulation race. Not even own setups etc. So yeah this is a issue.

Or a you so rich @mattplev ? Then buy me a fanatec elite for ps4 and a race seat;)
    Ah I remember the days that Mercedes were trying to improve and they had Schu and Roseberg scoring some great qualifying positions but because of a fundamental difference in the car they were over heating the tyres in the races.  Do you know what they did?  They changed set up, they designed the car differently and the drivers had to drive differently to try and score some points.  Now pad users or anyone else struggling with this issue in game have a similar dilemma... but you can change your opponents to be a better pace in the race (an option they didn’t have).  You too can change set up, you can design the car differently (R+D) and you can change the way you drive however you want other people to change.  I think that is the issue with the world nowadays why should we change everything else should change around us. Please can we Stop the planet I want off.
    Hella lols. I thought you were for suggesting design a new pad. 

Just to point out "change" can work both ways
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 21
    FRACTURED said:
    Acerees said:

Hella lols. I thought you were for suggesting design a new pad. 

Just to point out "change" can work both ways
    I will point out that in certain instances change needs to work two ways.  However when something only affects some and not others generally it is the demographic that demands change is the demographic that should probably do some of the change first.   Codies possibly could offer a slider bar for pad sensitivity.  However people who turn down the slider make the of less responsive would not be as quick over one lap and claim that is unfair.  Some people will refuse to alter the slider and will say that is unfair.  A select few will slide the bar up for qualifying and down for the race and balance the car in both sessions and then SOME wheel users will say its unfair.  
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member Unleaded
    Lol.... Setup change won't work. Every chassis update for tyre wear don't work for tire temps. Try enough to solve it first before i came here.
    It is pad problem so yeah that's is a issue
  • Lewis44TheWinLewis44TheWin Member Wheel Nut
    Adolfus58 said:
    I dont have any issue with my tired temps this is a cause and effect of driving style.
    Competly agree that there is no cause for a change. Love the feature the way it is.

• speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    Adolfus58 said:
    I dont have any issue with my tired temps this is a cause and effect of driving style.

mattplev said:
    Tyre temps/wear is perfect this year and if anything should be increased as there's minimal wear at most tracks. You shouldn't be doing quali laps to keep up with the AI, of course you'll overheat the tyres that way. Learn to drive smother and be more kind to the tyres and still be fast or drop the AI level. There's nothing wrong with the game, it's how it's played.
    It’s funny to me that it’s all the career moders that say this kind of stuff because they never have to go fast enough to push the tyres,maybe tyre wear is scaled differently online I don’t know,but what I do know is it makes not a blind bit of difference what set up you use or how you drive the car,you can be as smooth as a babies arse and on the effected tracks the tyre temps go up by a prescribed amount each lap regardless.
  • Davidepotenza19Davidepotenza19 Member New Car Smell
    Tomorrow if I can bring a video while I play in Singapore with the pad and I will show you how the temperatures rise enormously
    in fact, if you have a precise setup to overheat the tires just write it down below
    so I just use that setup and I'll show you how the temperatures rise so incredible

Sorry for my english
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    Tomorrow if I can bring a video while I play in Singapore with the pad and I will show you how the temperatures rise enormously
    in fact, if you have a precise setup to overheat the tires just write it down below
    so I just use that setup and I'll show you how the temperatures rise so incredible

Sorry for my english
    Going back to my stream archive video my left front was 230F (110C) after 6 laps at Monaco.  I would have been as bad on my right front at Singapore after the same number of laps but I actually did try in vain to manage the problem. Finished both races dead last of all the runners. There is something clearly wrong with both tracks. Don't bother trying to convince the people saying there's no problem. They'll be saying that to their grave.
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited September 22
    @Davidepotenza19

>.....if you have a precise setup to overheat the tires just write it down below
    so I just use that setup and I'll show you how the temperatures rise so incredible.....

Mate, it's awesome that you are willing to put time and effort in creating a video about this, but why would you want to use a specific setup that overheats the tyres to show us that there is a overheating issue, or a bug as some claim, wouldn't it make much more sense to use setups that theoretically are supposed to reduce tyre temps to showcase that there clearly is an issue in the game?

Because if there truly, hypothetically, is an issue as you claim, car setups, pad settings and driving style shouldn't matter and rather should give the same results over and over again.

PS: To go into further detail on my previous post about my testing results, i raced on Singapore only, used 3 different setups (default setup / tyre saving understeery setup / TT setup), drove the tracks in 2 different race lengths (100% / 25%) in forced dry weather conditions, used 100 & 110 AI, no assists, used only medium and low ERS over the race, default pad settings, default wheel settings (ffb is the only thing i changed to give it a bit more oomph), played only on the PS4 Slim Version (as it's apparently the platform with the most players), had a total of 24 runs + 2 extra ones in the wets used the Williams as Sirotkin and was able to finish in the top 18 - top 8 every time being ahead of my teammate by at least around 6 seconds and the most by around 40 seconds with reasonable to small tyre temps and high to low tyre wear.

TT Setup:

Absolutely ridiculous, not usable for a proper race, unless you like to get more tyre wear by default and have higher tyre temps for the "challenge", was only able to finish in the top 18 - top 15.

Tyre Saving Understeery Setup:

Worked flawless, no issues except that i was around 1 - 4 tenths slower compared to the TT setup on 1 lap pace but in the long run i was much quicker, managed to finish in the top 10 - top 8.

Default Setup:

Small issue due to not having enough rotation and turn in, still much better for race day than the TT setup, tyre wear and temps were manageable, lost around 3 - 8 tenths on one lap pace compared to the TT setup but in the long run i was quicker, managed to finish in the top 15 - top 12.

Hope that Codemasters will officially give some actual detailed info about how they have implemented this feature into the game that might give clarity on whether or not it's possibly placebo that people are experiencing for the state of the supposed "undrivable" handling and physics on the pad, i for sure, as some other fella members on here as well, can state that i never had any excessive overheating or tyre wear issues on both the pad and the wheel.

Though i must admit that in Spain my tyre temps and tyre wear are usually a lot higher as i tend to overdrive a bit, although not on the level that i can't compete anymore, whilst Singapore next to Hockenheim, Bahrain, Monaco and Melbourne are my fav tracks which is why i don't have any ussues driving them, this might be another factor that skews the testing results and the overall experience of most as everyone has got their tracks where they simply can or can't drive on no matter how much they try.

Also many people i personally know that have complained about this supposed issue as well are not the most consistent drivers in the world per se, not to mention it's far easier for people to make mistakes on the pad especially if they are pushing like crazy, so that might be another factor on why they are getting different experiences than others.

Will have to do more testing, but this time in online mode under proper league racing conditions.

PPS: I did these tests on quick race mode.
    Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • nicolas1423nicolas1423 Member Wheel Nut
    and where do you find "Tyre Saving Understeery Setup:"
  • kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    Adolfus58 said:
    If you have any decent pace at places like Monaco, Singapore, and maybe Brazil. You're driving style can't be smooth enough with the pad to stop the overheating. You can use the harder tires compounds to help with that. But one way or another, it's costing you mega time. 
    @LilBrown47
    I badly explained myself
    I meant a setup that does NOT overheat the tires
  • JCD85JCD85 Member New Car Smell
    So, here's my bit of  disappointment. I'm time-to-time PC gamer so I'm racing with keyboard (yes, such people still exist - I just don't see a point buying wheel or controller for 1-2 races per week). In prev. titles I didn't have any problems regarding tyre temp but 2018 makes it almost unplayable. Because you cannot manage throttle on keyboard so much, it is really painful - on some tracks like Spain, Monaco etc., normal tyre temp. lasts only for couple of laps no matter what setup you're using. Then the lap times drop by 1,5-2s. I know, it would be probably far easier to manage thing having wheel and pedals etc. but it doesn't mean that the game shall ruin the play for the other ones...

As example the screenshot from FP1 in France - only two laps of normal racing on SuperSoft.. :(

@JCD85

unfortunately it is a problem that pad users have.
    Those of the steering wheels come against us because they have no problem but do not understand that this is a real problem for us.
    what I ask is just add a new help that allows you to disable the overheating of the tires to be put in the offline.

Sorry for my english