Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    edited October 10
    @CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc can we expect the same UDP output upgrades in DR2.0 that were done in F1 recently?

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    "Which one are you most excited to get your hands on?"

Yes.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    DanielsV said:
    Yes, yes I would. I think the Megane would nicely fill the gap left by the Focus. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    edited October 10
    Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
    - The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
    - In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
    - The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
    - Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
    JorritVD said:
    - In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
    The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    CMMcBabe said:
    Malkael said:
    CMMcBabe said:
    Malkael said:
    Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
    A lot of it makes me think of Millstream-Chichester, which then makes me nostalgically sigh.
    Ah, mentioning that sure brings back some childhood memories. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to get quite that far north again in WA for a while. The Pilbara and Kimberley regions of the state can be quite magical though, well recommend anyone taking the time to visit them. Have fortunately been among the Perth Hills and Wheatbelt more recently though when I'm not in the city, so pretty familiar with that landscape and its seasonal variations. Which when it is summer pretty much consistent of being as dry as a bone, haha.
    WA is gorgeous.  I travelled from Broome to Perth a few years ago and loved it.  Got off the plane in jeans in 40 degree temperature, that was horrible.
    "Horrible"
    You silly Brits just like to complain about the weather. Try Florida.
    tbtstt said:
    Not really gossip, but Petter Solberg testing the Polo R5 ahead of it's tarmac debut:

I know the differences in this model have already been mentioned, but I wonder if any of the returning R5's (specifically thinking of the Fiesta) will be tweaked for DR2.0? 
    Light pods? ;)

• Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    I remember that well. Dear oh dear

Body is 60 yards too short
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:

The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).
    ARX DLC bonus?  Maybe a free add on?

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I still have my money on an «arx» dlc with usa rx + the cars from the championship. Not sure what the two other tracks/locations would be though
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.
    Yes, but licences.

We won't see BeamNG levels of damage for a long time unless manufacturers will take the pole out of their arse.
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    versedi said:
    Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.
    Yes, but licences.

We won't see BeamNG levels of damage for a long time unless manufacturers will take the pole out of their arse.
    That along with the extra hardware power needed for that kind of deformation and particle physics. BeamNG is a bit of a powerhouse to run smoothly because there is so much going on. The driving physics are also pretty basic compared to something like DR.
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    Im not sure it would need excessive visual damage. I mean, I play cockpit anyway. But I'd rather an extra layer of jeapordy. If I roll my car at 100mph and drive away pretty much unscathed except for an overheating engine it sort of removes that element of risk .but I guess manufacturers don't like potential customers finding out that their car might be a write off after a 100mph 10 roll crash into some pine trees.
    gfRally said:
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:

ARX DLC bonus?  Maybe a free add on?
    Yeah, I wondered if it could be part of the initial DLC package(s); two of the three circuits from this years ARX season are already in the initial track list. If the CotA track was added as DLC then they could, potentially, throw in a few additional cars (the Focus and Subaru would probably be easiest) and turn it into an ARX DLC.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    edited October 11
    New Ford Fiesta R2 is in testing. The facelift probably won't make DR2 though.