Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• DarhourDarhour Member Co-Driver
    edited October 11
    carpa said:
    tbtstt said:
    Oscar97 said:

Jepsertti said:
    Areyouben said:
    I’d rather have the R3 class to be honest. Most of them FWD, but quicker, and opens the door for a BRZ R3 as well. We have the historic FWD class to fill up the entry level FWD’s.
    R2 class is a lot more popular than R3. Also no such thing as BRZ R3 exists because the Toyota GT86 CS-R3 is the only car classified to R3 class from the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 lineup and we all know how the relationship between Toyota and Codemasters is.
    It's not just Codemasters, Toyota doesn't want to see their cars in racing games anymore. They just make an exception for Gran Turismo because Polyphony Digital is Japanese.
    Milestone must have an agreement with them, as the Celica GT4 and GT86 appeared in both Seb Loeb Rally Evo and Gravel.

And Kunos for Assetto Corsa

And SMS for Project CARS 1 and 2

And Polyphony Digital with GT Sport.

It is literally only Codemasters they won't work with based on a falling out a long time ago which doesn't seem to have been resolved and looks like it never will be.
    I'd love to know what Codemasters said to annoy Toyota so much: did someone crack a turbo restrictor joke or something?
    *in meeting*
    Toyota: So, we were looking at your simulation data for our Celica and we were thinking the car could use another 20 hp to get a more realistic performance figure.
    Codemasters: We see. So, cheating again, I guess?
    Toyota: And we're done here...
    Some say while the final touches on the licencing contract were being made, the Toyota spokesperson heard someone talk about Wales Rally GB '98, and tore up the paper. Always so close to the finish line, with Toyotas...
    Adding a Toyota to the game would inevitably be accompanied with an Easter egg where you car stalls at the finish line in GB and you will be able to record your voice through the game's voice input by swearing with a Carlos Sainz' reactionary virtual system. This might go beyond an Easter egg by unlocking an achievement of "The Tragedy of Toyota ".
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    edited October 11
    Toyota in Codemasters rally games:

Colin McRae Rally: Toyota Corolla WRC, Toyota Celica GT4 (hidden bonus car)
    Colin McRae Rally 2.0: Toyota Corolla WRC
    Colin McRae Rally 3: -
    Colin McRae Rally 04: -
    Colin McRae Rally 2005: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Celica
    Colin McRae: DiRT: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Celica Pikes Peak, Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak
    Colin McRae: DiRT 2: Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota Stadium Truck
    DiRT 3: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Stadium Truck, Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak
    Colin McRae Rally: -
    DiRT: Rally: - 
    DiRT 4: -
    DiRT Rally 2.0: ?

This is the longest drought of Toyota...
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    Toyota in Codemasters rally games:

Colin McRae Rally: Toyota Corolla WRC, Toyota Celica GT4 (hidden bonus car)
    Colin McRae Rally 2.0: Toyota Corolla WRC
    Colin McRae Rally 3: -
    Colin McRae Rally 04: -
    Colin McRae Rally 2005: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Celica
    Colin McRae: DiRT: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Celica Pikes Peak, Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak
    Colin McRae: DiRT 2: Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota Stadium Truck
    DiRT 3: Toyota Celica GT4, Toyota Stadium Truck, Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak
    Colin McRae Rally: -
    DiRT: Rally: - 
    DiRT 4: -
    DiRT Rally 2.0: ?

This is the longest drought of Toyota...
    Maybe they were just insulted by DiRT 3.

/s I like D3 lol
  • ShodanCatShodanCat Member Pit Crew
    I was playing some Dirt Rally yesterday and it got me to thinking about the hand-crafted real-world stages. I hope they go the extra mile with random and variable things to keep every rally fresh. I know the surface degradation is already in which adds some variety and hopefully we have the same granularity in time of day and weather like Dirt 4 had, but I'd like to see the return of stalled competitors' cars, animals, slight chances for mechanical failures, etc. Just little things to keep the experience fresh every time, even if it's your 83rd time playing a stage.
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    versedi said:
    Would people in here like a mechanical failure system in DR2? By that I mean something in line with F1. But say if you've been clubbing a few massive holes on the apex etc you can break your steering or suspension fully resulting in crawling to the finish or retirement. Adding a further risk reward element. As opposed to the usual suspension and component wear that seems to replace genuine damage in rally games? I just feel there should be more retirement possibilities instead of simply when you fall down a massive ravine. A heavy roll could cause retirement and such.
    Yes, but licences.

We won't see BeamNG levels of damage for a long time unless manufacturers will take the pole out of their arse.
    That along with the extra hardware power needed for that kind of deformation and particle physics. BeamNG is a bit of a powerhouse to run smoothly because there is so much going on. The driving physics are also pretty basic compared to something like DR.
    Beam is also running in essentially a no name freeware engine that I'm pretty sure they had to heavily modify. They've also been optimizing it like crazy, but...
    And the driving physics I think are the best... at low speed. I guess their working on getting tire pressure and temps working which should improve it.
    tbtstt said:
    gfRally said:
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:
    Why the Focus not would be in DR2.0? I still think it will be, because:
    - The model is already available and is a fan favorite. 
    - In DR1 the Impreza was there, but was from a different season. They could add the 2017 version with the 2018 ARX liveries. 
    - The WRX will get support series, so ARX could be part of this.
    - Codemasters have a good relationship with Ford/M-Sport

But GCK tweeting about this is almost like a confirmation the Megane will be in the game.
    The rallycross content in DR 2.0 is being advertised as "2018 World Rallycross Championship", I don't recall the previous content in DR or D4 ever being that specific. 

Given that the track list we have seen only includes 2018 Championship circuits then I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the car list will be the same. 

Although the ARX is run by the same promoter (IMG), they have stressed that both series are standalone and ARX is not a support series. Again I am perhaps jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that distinction will apply to the game license as well: I would be very surprised to see ARX cars appear in something so heavily WRX branded.

I could be wrong though (and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see ARX DLC further down the line).
    ARX DLC bonus?  Maybe a free add on?
    Yeah, I wondered if it could be part of the initial DLC package(s); two of the three circuits from this years ARX season are already in the initial track list. If the CotA track was added as DLC then they could, potentially, throw in a few additional cars (the Focus and Subaru would probably be easiest) and turn it into an ARX DLC.
    How about that Nitro Circus RX track? That looked fun.
    ...bring back dirt 2....

edited October 11
    tbtstt said:
    Darhour said:
    carpa said:
    tbtstt said:
    Oscar97 said:

Jepsertti said:
    Areyouben said:
    I’d rather have the R3 class to be honest. Most of them FWD, but quicker, and opens the door for a BRZ R3 as well. We have the historic FWD class to fill up the entry level FWD’s.
    R2 class is a lot more popular than R3. Also no such thing as BRZ R3 exists because the Toyota GT86 CS-R3 is the only car classified to R3 class from the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 lineup and we all know how the relationship between Toyota and Codemasters is.
    It's not just Codemasters, Toyota doesn't want to see their cars in racing games anymore. They just make an exception for Gran Turismo because Polyphony Digital is Japanese.
    Milestone must have an agreement with them, as the Celica GT4 and GT86 appeared in both Seb Loeb Rally Evo and Gravel.

And Kunos for Assetto Corsa

And SMS for Project CARS 1 and 2

And Polyphony Digital with GT Sport.

It is literally only Codemasters they won't work with based on a falling out a long time ago which doesn't seem to have been resolved and looks like it never will be.
    I'd love to know what Codemasters said to annoy Toyota so much: did someone crack a turbo restrictor joke or something?
    *in meeting*
    Toyota: So, we were looking at your simulation data for our Celica and we were thinking the car could use another 20 hp to get a more realistic performance figure.
    Codemasters: We see. So, cheating again, I guess?
    Toyota: And we're done here...
    Some say while the final touches on the licencing contract were being made, the Toyota spokesperson heard someone talk about Wales Rally GB '98, and tore up the paper. Always so close to the finish line, with Toyotas...
    Adding a Toyota to the game would inevitably be accompanied with an Easter egg where you car stalls at the finish line in GB and you will be able to record your voice through the game's voice input by swearing with a Carlos Sainz' reactionary virtual system. This might go beyond an Easter egg by unlocking an achievement of "The Tragedy of Toyota ".
    "Press the X button to make your co-driver launch his helmet through the rear window"
    Or make of Call of Duty and make it "Press F to pay respects."
    Oh man, I still can't believe they did that.

• Jii7Jii7 Member New Car Smell
    Areyouben said:
    Jepsertti said:
    Areyouben said:
    We’re getting a Camaro GT4, used for racing on normal circuits, in DR2.0, so there really is no excuse anymore not putting in a fake BRZ R3. :D
    Here is a video of a rally spec BRZ.
    Technically it seems to be pretty close to the GT86 R3

• JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    Jii7 said:
    Areyouben said:
    Jepsertti said:
    Areyouben said:
    We’re getting a Camaro GT4, used for racing on normal circuits, in DR2.0, so there really is no excuse anymore not putting in a fake BRZ R3. :D
    Here is a video of a rally spec BRZ.
    Technically it seems to be pretty close to the GT86 R3

Of course it's possible to create a R3-like rally car based on the BRZ into an open class but my point is that if they wanted an authentic R3 class then the GT86 CS-R3 is the only option :)
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    Argentina looks incredible, can someone recognize car (or livery) from video

• boganibogani Member Champion

Hey @lindbergtommie, solve this one will ya? ;) 
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    edited October 11
    Well, when I first looked at it, it said to me: modern rally car. Still, I didn't want to discount any possibilities. So, after painstakingly inspecting the hoods of all historic cars in DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally, I can safely say, it's either something historic but new, or something modern. In modern cars, it's either the Ford Fiesta R2 or the R5. The hood bump and it's width, relative to the rest of the hood, give it away. Since it doesn't seem to be going very fast, I'm going to go with the R2.
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Could have been on a slow run for the pace notes, were her calls fairly calm? (So hard to tell in German ;) )
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Petrol Head
    edited October 11
    They said that they recorded 3 runs with Mills, a slow run, a medium run and a fast run so they can change the intonation and sound of the co-driver based on the speed trough the stage. Looks like they are either doing a practice run or a calm run in that vid.
    Could have been on a slow run for the pace notes, were her calls fairly calm? (So hard to tell in German ;) )
    Well I didn't hear any ACHTUNG! so... maybe?
  • kheirokheiro Member New Car Smell

I could not identify the car!!!
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    Well, forgive my lack of knowledge of classic rally cars, but none come up that might have that hood profile. Everything about that hood says modern rally car. What kind of modern rally car? It makes sense that, since they're recording pacenotes, they'd use the fastest class available (R5), because that's how fast the pacenotes will have to get. So with that in mind, the only R5 that fits is the Fiesta. It has to be. It's the only R5 with a salience down the middle of hood and two windscreen-washer nozzles on each side of it.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Fiesta R5!!!
    Fiesta is 55 characters amazing
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited October 12
    I know it's OT, but I've just seen an IRL Grid replay vibe and I think DJI needs to up their game in WRC, lol