Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Codemasters has no idea of F1

I do not really know where to start because Codemasters has no idea how F1 works, does not understand sanctions, does not understand setups, does not understand physics, in short, it does not understand anything about F1. Below I explain the aspects that confirm what I say:

- Codemasters has been selling the same game for years, the podiums are the same, the kinematics of the boxes are the same, even when it is going to give the exit of a GP the engineers do the same as three years ago, it seems that they are missing coefficient to innovate, you are not launching a new game, you are launching a DLC that make us pay like a game, you are not even able to change the faces of the engineers and mechanics.

- Codemasters continues with its policy that against more aid you take faster you go, I do not know if Codemasters has not heard but in the real F1 all the pilots run in the same conditions, they do not carry ABS, they do not have predictive braking (this option is very funny), do not have traced or even drive. It is very simple to implement a single traction for all players that is in turn an aid for novice players because one thing is to give players a help and quite another is to give them an advantage that is what Codemasters does.

- The penalty system is laughable, you should take a look at the rules of F1, sanctions invented by stepping on pianos (I remind you that to sanction you have to have all four wheels outside the limits of the track), penalties for not waiting for cars that have left the race because of an accident, penalties for hits that another car gives you, do not be the same you should call this game Destruction Derby.

- The setups are surreal, with incredibly low aerodynamics (Baku example 3-3), surreal tire drops, the ballast aspect is laughter, not to mention the tire pressures, the one that understands some setups knows about what do I speak?

- The safety car does not have to talk much because it never appears, hahahahahah.

Surely I leave more things that I will be adding, but I would advise Codemasters that from time to time I would see some real F1 race because surely I will have no idea what I say here,

I hope you understand everything well since I used a translator to post this post. Any question you have I will answer as soon as possible.

Comments

• KiLLu12258KiLLu12258 Member Unleaded
    edited October 2018
    I do not really know where to start because Codemasters has no idea how F1 works, does not understand sanctions, does not understand setups, does not understand physics, in short, it does not understand anything about F1. Below I explain the aspects that confirm what I say:

- Codemasters has been selling the same game for years, the podiums are the same, the kinematics of the boxes are the same, even when it is going to give the exit of a GP the engineers do the same as three years ago, it seems that they are missing coefficient to innovate, you are not launching a new game, you are launching a DLC that make us pay like a game, you are not even able to change the faces of the engineers and mechanics.

- The setups are surreal, with incredibly low aerodynamics (Baku example 3-3), surreal tire drops, the ballast aspect is laughter, not to mention the tire pressures, the one that understands some setups knows about what do I speak?

I think there are lot more important things that the cinematics or the podium thing. The Car physics are great in this years game, the tyre thing is a also great as it brings a lot more deepness.

To the setups, yeah they are strange. BUT you mentioned baku like 3-3, you know that in RL they drive very less downfore in baku too?

To say CM have no idea of f1 is just ****, the game is not perfect yes, but the improvements over the last years are very great. And 2018 is the best f1 game for sure.

German F1 League
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is RL? Thanks
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is RL? Thanks
    Real Life :)

German F1 League
    The physics of the car may be good but they are surreal, I do not know if you know that there are two modes in online, cars at the same level and cars realistic level. Why is it called "at the same level" if it is a lie? the cars run the same but do not behave the same, some brakes better, others have more acceleration, others better pass by curve, etc. you should have noticed this, as for the tire issue I am happy but maybe you should answer the PAD users who are having problems with the temperatures that make them stop playing F1. If I were you, you would inform me before making those affirmations.

Regarding what he says about Baku, this year Vettel's pole position was 1.41.498 and I saw online players make the pole at 1.36 completely realistic, yes sir. Do not make me laugh and recognize that Baku's aerodynamic load is high in reality, no F1 driver would actually put average load and low load or talk. The times are surreal because of the surrealist setups. And in the rest of the circuits, the same thing happens.
    edited October 2018
    The physics of the car may be good but they are surreal, I do not know if you know that there are two modes in online, cars at the same level and cars realistic level. Why is it called "at the same level" if it is a lie? the cars run the same but do not behave the same, some brakes better, others have more acceleration, others better pass by curve, etc. you should have noticed this, as for the tire issue I am happy but maybe you should answer the PAD users who are having problems with the temperatures that make them stop playing F1. If I were you, you would inform me before making those affirmations.

Regarding what he says about Baku, this year Vettel's pole position was 1.41.498 and I saw online players make the pole at 1.36 completely realistic, yes sir. Do not make me laugh and recognize that Baku's aerodynamic load is high in reality, no F1 driver would actually put average load and low load or talk. The times are surreal because of the surrealist setups. And in the rest of the circuits, the same thing happens.
    Car are the same, dont talk **** pls.

About the tyre probs with pad, my thought about hte wholse thing is that most of the guys with this problems are just driving the wrong setups. My mate doesnt have problems at all, as he changed hes setups a bit.
    If you know how much difference make the tyre temps in the real f1 nowadays, and the management of this whole thing you know that the game is not so much away of this.

German F1 League
    Little more than talking to you if you do not recognize reality because obviously it does not tell the truth. Do a test "at the same level" with all cars and make a comparison in the same circuit, when you have it and reconsider, tell us all.
    UP100 said:
    Codies know much more about F1 than you do apparently. The point of the title is nothing more than just bait people it seems.

You should also catch up, it seems you do not know F1 completely. If there is something false in what I say, point it out and do not accuse it gratuitously. The title is reality.

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    They know moer than you think as they work very closely with the F1 teams and everything. Yes it may not be 100% accurate but that's because they have to make it accessible. Yes there are a few bugs here and there mostly online but generally they give us a solid package.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• D4rioD4rio Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 2018

Bear in mind that setup values are related to what track you're racing at.

In other words, a 3-3 setup in Baku does not give the same downforce levels as a 3-3 setup in Monza.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2018
    Just accept a 9-9 aero setup at Monaco, 7-7 at Singapore and everywhere else below 5 and you'll be fine
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    I think it is senseless to discuss about reality of setups or do any really know the setups of the real teams? All what we hear is low downforce setup or high downforce setup or we have to adjust. 
    But how are the exact values and how is it compared to the game values? As long as we don‘t know the real thing we can’t discuss about reality. 
    Is here anyone who has driven an actual F1 car and can describe and compare how it should feel and how it should be setup for different tracks? I don’t think so. We are gamer. We know our normal cars. But we are not F1 drivers. 
  • Sev77Sev77 Member Wheel Nut
    - Codemasters continues with its policy that against more aid you take faster you go, I do not know if Codemasters has not heard but in the real F1 all the pilots run in the same conditions...
    I completely agree with this. They don't understand that an assist on any vehicle can by definition only ever make it slower because the only way an assist of any kind can make a vehicle more manageable is by slowing it down, not speeding it up; reducing the power from its engine, making it less aerodynamic in some way, dampening down one the systems which allow it to function at its limits in talented hands; all these things fundamentally achieve the same result: an increase in the response time needed to save a bad situation through a reduction in the vehicle's capabilities. Or they reduce the capability to such an extent that bad situations aren't even possible. That's what makes it more manageable, it too obvious for words almost.   It's a sad indication of an apparent lack of fundamental intelligence amongst their entire team that they can't grasp such a basic concept.  

You don't see swimmers winning Olympic golds wearing arm-bands or the cyclists in the Tour de France riding along with stabilizers on, do you?

It's appalling that they don't encourage people to improve by either making ranked no assist only or actually making assists act as they should so that they'll learn to drive without. Or at the very least ban the racing line; put a car anywhere near racing line players and they don't have a clue what to do. Imagine how good it could be, to race online and by default everyone is playing by the same rules instead of the majority using what would, in the days of my youth, have been universally known as cheat codes. Isn't that what sport is supposed to be regardless of whether you win or lose? They willfully deny us what would be a wonderful online sports game, and IMO that speaks volumes about them as people.  
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    Sev77 said:
    - Codemasters continues with its policy that against more aid you take faster you go, I do not know if Codemasters has not heard but in the real F1 all the pilots run in the same conditions...
    I completely agree with this. They don't understand that an assist on any vehicle can by definition only ever make it slower because the only way an assist of any kind can make a vehicle more manageable is by slowing it down, not speeding it up; reducing the power from its engine, making it less aerodynamic in some way, dampening down one the systems which allow it to function at its limits in talented hands; all these things fundamentally achieve the same result: an increase in the response time needed to save a bad situation through a reduction in the vehicle's capabilities. Or they reduce the capability to such an extent that bad situations aren't even possible. That's what makes it more manageable, it too obvious for words almost.   It's a sad indication of an apparent lack of fundamental intelligence amongst their entire team that they can't grasp such a basic concept.  

You don't see swimmers winning Olympic golds wearing arm-bands or the cyclists in the Tour de France riding along with stabilizers on, do you?

It's appalling that they don't encourage people to improve by either making ranked no assist only or actually making assists act as they should so that they'll learn to drive without. Or at the very least ban the racing line; put a car anywhere near racing line players and they don't have a clue what to do. Imagine how good it could be, to race online and by default everyone is playing by the same rules instead of the majority using what would, in the days of my youth, have been universally known as cheat codes. Isn't that what sport is supposed to be regardless of whether you win or lose? They willfully deny us what would be a wonderful online sports game, and IMO that speaks volumes about them as people.  
    Bossmans....... it's a computer game, I ain't winning any gold medal here! I just wanna have fun
  • Sev77Sev77 Member Wheel Nut
    Bossmans....... it's a computer game, I ain't winning any gold medal here! I just wanna have fun
    You could still have fun in unranked. But don't you think that when they start assigning skill points to something it should be the case that the players are all playing it without the cheat codes enabled, otherwise how can it ever be a reflection of skill level if there's no universal criteria they're all adhering to?

It's like ranked FIFA games where one player can start with 13 players, and then when it rains he gets another one. It's ranked Texas hold 'em poker where one guy gets 4 cards while the other gets 2. They don't understand basic fundamental things, and the idiot masses are fooled into thinking it's a good thing. Sad.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    I don’t understand what’s the problem here. You want to play without assists and all others have to do it also. So search for a sim racing league and you have what you want. 
    Please keep in mind if CM would restrict the casual players and they are gone, there wouldn’t be a F1 game anymore. Because you guys reflect the minority and it would be not enough profit. 
    You always forget which people turn assists on. Mostly the not so experienced and fast guys. 
    Sev77 said:

Totally agree with everything you said.

Akkan74 said:
    I don’t understand what’s the problem here. You want to play without assists and all others have to do it also. So search for a sim racing league and you have what you want. 
    Please keep in mind if CM would restrict the casual players and they are gone, there wouldn’t be a F1 game anymore. Because you guys reflect the minority and it would be not enough profit. 
    You always forget which people turn assists on. Mostly the not so experienced and fast guys. 
    We may be a minority but I also say that 99% of the dirty pilots in the F1 online use aids, the truth is that we could use those dirty pilots to abandon the game. We would have something positive. And I can assure you that if those casual players you talk about quit F1 they would continue to do so. If you want, I can give you information about the people that run in IRacing, which in simulation and difficulty takes light years away from Codemasters F1.
  • pbrstreetgangktpbrstreetgangkt Member New Car Smell
    kenuf said:
    Just to point out I’m a casual player who just enjoys playing, I work full time, have a family and other hobbies. I don’t have time to dedicate myself to being brilliant...my wife would file for divorce! 🤔 Yet I’ve probably had every F1 game there’s been. Super Monaco GP up to F1 2018, even had some primitive game on a PC that just had Williams, McLaren and Ferrari...oh and Nigel Mansell GP on a Game Boy! (Play that and you’ll never complain about Codies again!)

My point is why should I be excluded from playing people online who are better than me? Growing up playing F1 I couldn’t play others unless it was a tiny split screen so online is fantastic! So what if I use Racing Line, Pit Limiter etc etc? I try my hardest to race well and fair and my target is Top 6 always. I’m fed up with reading the drivel on here about online players should only play without assists, casual gamers should be banished and so on. I only come on to check out patch notes (waste of time that is!! 😂)

I paid my £45 just like all of you and get just as frustrated with poor drivers but you’re tarnishing everyone who uses an assist as a bad driver and that’s unfair.

Final point, have you ever played a game that doesn’t have assists? Every game I’ve ever played has easy, medium, hard at least. Are these not ‘assists’? 

Yes it is all extremely frustrating but there’s more to life than F1 games...
    I have put in a lot of time on f1 games going on ten years now, I drive no assists and am pretty proficient now, I’m sure that like with anything else I could put in more time and post some impressively unrealistic times, but like you I have a full time job, family, and other hobbies which include driving other titles like assetto corsa, so I totally agree with your post, and it is a breath of fresh air on this forum, I consider myself a pretty serious sim racer, but at the end of the day it’s just a simulation and we do it for fun,