Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Update cars/liverys

Hi all, someone know if there is a date when the cars will be update to current real-life F1?
Like Mercedes's halo and Ferrari livery.

Tnk you

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    F4lcoX58 said:
    Hi all, someone know if there is a date when the cars will be update to current real-life F1?
    Like Mercedes's halo and Ferrari livery.

Tnk you
    They've already done that patch in patch 1.6 or something I believe. There won' t be any further updates to that I don't think.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    The livery updates are out of codemasters control, they rely on FOM and the teams to give them permission.  
  • MohsenREZAEIMohsenREZAEI Member New Car Smell
    The livery updates are out of codemasters control, they rely on FOM and the teams to give them permission.  
    This is a big shame for this company
    Why they don't do that for their custumers?
    When we see Asseta Corsa does everything about cars and other updates every day for their users
    they have many respects for their users and i like these gesture
    Sebastian VETTEL
    4 times world champions
    2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 
  • massa88massa88 Member Wheel Nut
    I would like to see they update cars at the end of season, but I'm not sure if we will get them
  • FlyncoFlynco Member Unleaded
    massa88 said:
    I would like to see they update cars at the end of season, but I'm not sure if we will get them
    Mercedes mirrors, and new mclaren anterior nose at moment... 
    • Flynco is 34 characters too short.
  • massa88massa88 Member Wheel Nut
    also that flaps on Williams halo 
    in game is just one big flap
    but in reality is from three smaller flaps 

• FlyncoFlynco Member Unleaded
    Yes and new front flaps for Sauber and so on
    • Flynco is 34 characters too short.
    massa88 said:
    Indeed but if they concentrated on adjusting the cars and the livery's everytime there was a change they'd never get around to fixing the real issues with the games that's why they only generally do one update. That's before w econsider the fact tha tany changes must be approved by the teams first before they go in the game. Unfortunately when you make a gaming series with a release every year such as this or Fifa you have to decide what's most important because you won't have time to fix everything

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    This is a big shame for this company
    Why they don't do that for their custumers?
    When we see Asseta Corsa does everything about cars and other updates every day for their users
    they have many respects for their users and i like these gesture
    Because its an 'officially licensed' product and as such must conform to the rules that FOM and the teams set. It was a battle just to get FOM to agree to the 'remove halo pillar' option. Its also why you cant use the livery editor in GT sport on the merc f1. When Liberty media take full control (Bernie's contracts still stand untill the end of next year) then we may see some changes, but there is no use hassling and blaming codemasters. 
  • F4lcoX58F4lcoX58 Member New Car Smell
    Not a single answer from Codemaster guys? Not a single hint about this "problem"? Really?
    It would be interesting to receive an answer like: "we are working on it", or "you will never see another update for cars".
    "OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCTS"... ridiculous...

When Cristiano Ronaldo move to Juventus from Real Madrid, EA was enought fast to fix the problem, even after the game cover was ready and before the game was launched...
    Codies can't update even the cars, I understand problem about liveries, because of license problem about sponsor, but at least update halos and stuff like that.
    F4lcoX58 said:
    Not a single answer from Codemaster guys? Not a single hint about this "problem"? Really?
    It would be interesting to receive an answer like: "we are working on it", or "you will never see another update for cars".
    "OFFICIAL LICENSED PRODUCTS"... ridiculous...

When Cristiano Ronaldo move to Juventus from Real Madrid, EA was enought fast to fix the problem, even after the game cover was ready and before the game was launched...
    Codies can't update even the cars, I understand problem about liveries, because of license problem about sponsor, but at least update halos and stuff like that.

It al still needs approvals from the teams though that's the point doesn't matter what part of the car it is.