Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Disable TC assist for ranked lobbies

just disable it please. Abs and all I don't care, there's driving around and against that, but when an assist is actually gives around a second (this is an intermediate estimation) advantage a lap, that's ridiculous and IMO cheating. These users can take curbs as if they're not there where NON TC users will spin off which is a huge unfair advantage and negates all the work you people did with the springs. 

And I truly believe that I speak for 80% off all the non TC users. Using TC in any way takes no skill and the people using it truly believe they got skill and are the best. 

TC gives a so much bigger advantage than abs, which is i don't care about abs. But ranked lobbies should be for players who know how to drive with feeling in their rightfoot and how to controll the car on curbs, and when there's people who just fly past over curbs like it's nothing is taking all the fun out of it.

i want to play ranked lobbies with skilled people who know how to really controll the car with their right foot, and not with "wannabee" skilled people who just push full throttle and think they're so good. 

It's just not a fair competition when you give people an assist which gives them a second advantage and takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. 
If it ain’t dutch, it ain’t much 

#GOMAX33

Comments

• AlexTTAlexTT Member Pit Crew
    I bet the disagree in my post comes from a tc cheater :p 

#GOMAX33
    kraM1t said:
    Just make TCS slower.. honestly is this so hard to Codies to get their head around? The less assists you have the faster you can go, for game balancing reasons. Yes TCS might be faster IRL, but it's currently banned, so make people who use it slower, same with ABS. SIMPLE.
    Pretty strange right? Running a lobby starting from pole  and someone who joins after qualify joins for the race and starts p20 and after 1 or 2 laps blasts by you with their busted front wing like if you're going backwards or racing with brakes on. With their balanced setup.

Nah, nothing wrong with TC whatsoever :p

#GOMAX33
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    I totally agree with you in everything you are saying.
  • massa88massa88 Member Wheel Nut
    if you want race with tc off
    ask codemasters if they can add ranked lobby with no assist
    whay we need to be forced to play with medium or tc off in standard ranked lobby?
    if they listen to you
    enyone has to have option to drive with assist or not  

massa88 said:
    if you want race with tc off
    ask codemasters if they can add ranked lobby with no assist
    whay we need to be forced to play with medium or tc off in standard ranked lobby?
    if they listen to you
    enyone has to have option to drive with assist or not  

Ranked lobbies are supposed to be what they say. You should rank up based on SKILL. There's not a SKILL rating system for nothing.

right now the majority of goldrated skill level players are TC users. 

So please tell me, what kind of SKILL do TC users have? You can run over curbs like tarmac, almost never spin, can ram other cars without spinning where the non TC users always are screwed by TC users.

NON TC users have learned to get SKILLED at driving without TC and have control of their car. So what skill do TC users have when you don't have to worry about your car spinning out when going full throttle over every curb or sideswiping other cars?

And why should you be forced? No one is forcing you, there's also unranked lobbies where you can play demolition derby with other TC users. 

A lobby which is based around SKILL points should never be biased towards people who lack the skill, or want the easy way with TC because without is just to hard to learn? Guess what? Every NON TC user learned to drive without. They developped the skill to drive without an assist which instantly gives you a 1 second advantage. And it's not just me, on the contrary, this is for all the NON TC users!

The playingfield needs to be levelled, because equal car performance means also equal assist settings and THE DRIVER SHOULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!

i bet you that all those so called "SKILLED GOLD" players drop to 0 in an instance.

#GOMAX33
  • HrLanghoffHrLanghoff Member New Car Smell
    I agree 100% - Its lame when you want real racing. 

FIX IT!!
  • MikeV27MikeV27 Member New Car Smell
    edited November 3
    Agreed, no point in playing ranked if it just rewards the players who aren’t that good anyway. 

I’ll stick with Sport Mode in GTS for online racing, it’s not perfect either but at least something like TC slows you down in that game.

Thank you guys! At least some people dare to speak out what we all think. These cheaters are abusing TC just because it's easy winning. They lack the balls to race like the big boys do.

#GOMAX33
  • massa88massa88 Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 4
    just saying
    not all people can afford steering wheel
    playing on controller or keyboard with no assist is not so easy as you think,that whay assist are there
    edit
    my opinion is assist are slower
    i use full tc,on start users with tc off eat me for breakfast also out of slow corners are faster
    Post edited by massa88 on
  • MikeV27MikeV27 Member New Car Smell
    edited November 4
    It’s not so easy to learn to race without TC on a wheel either, arguably more difficult than a controller in some ways since you have to be more coordinated using a wheel. Do not agree at all that keyboard users need to be factored in, but I am on PS4 anyway.

TC being outright faster over a single lap is debatable but it sure as hell makes you more consistent over an entire race distance. TC users don’t have to work nearly as hard as someone who doesn’t use it.

Post edited by MikeV27 on
    massa88 said:
    just saying
    not all people can afford steering wheel
    playing on controller or keyboard with no assist is not so easy as you think,that whay assist are there
    edit
    my opinion is assist are slower
    i use full tc,on start users with tc off eat me for breakfast also out of slow corners are faster
    Just saying

all non TC users had to learn to drive without. That is what skill is. Skill is getting the "feel" for how the car reacts when you push the throttle and how to react when you oversteer/understeer.

driving with tc in any way and beeing able to just fly over curbs where non tc users will definitly spin off is not fair because the NON TC users have to use their skill and feeling to keep the car in control where TC users just hold down the throttle.

learning to drive without TC isn't easy, it takes time and skill. Even on a wheel. Not willing wanting to learn to drive without TC in a lobby which is built around skill and safety rating, is taking the easy way and lazy against everyone who did learn to drive without, especially as you see how TC users race in general. They drive like A-holes, fly through corners where TC users will never be able to go through as fast as cheaters, and then the NON TC users won't back down and ram the drivers in front of them in any way possible. Afterwards they keep on racing almost the same pace, with or without a front wing because TC will help them. 

The majority of TC users use it because it's easy, and when they ram everyone off track in their way they will never spin off or lose speed without their front wing. 

And that medium TC is faster between around 0,5 to 1,5 second a lap is a fact, just go online, when there are TC users they will always be around that gap faster than you are. It's almost a fixed number, especially in qualify, where they can take all the risk, where NON TC users can never go as full out as TC users because it's impossible to take the curbs like TC users. That's what brings them the time advantage above.

#GOMAX33
    MikeV27 said:
    It’s not so easy to learn to race without TC on a wheel either, arguably more difficult than a controller in some ways since you have to be more coordinated using a wheel. Do not agree at all that keyboard users need to be factored in, but I am on PS4 anyway.

TC being outright faster over a single lap is debatable but it sure as hell makes you more consistent over an entire race distance. TC users don’t have to work nearly as hard as someone who doesn’t use it.

TC in OSQ will he faster between 0.5 to 1,5 seconds. 

TC users don't have to work in any way. They push full throttle and thats it. 

#GOMAX33