Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Thanks mate.

I thought playing RDR2 would take my mind off the little dude, but it's all I can think about. It's funny, when you have something you're not looking forward to time goes fast, but when it's something you're excited about, time goes real slow.

She said she'd send me a Snapchat video of him if I wanted, but I think that will make the wait even harder. 11 days left now.
    Booked a week off for when I get my puppy a week tomorrow, so excited. My other dogs already seems to respond to the name Teddy and looks around for him. When these two come together it's going to be a cuteness overload.
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    Only a week left to go already? That's gone quick. I really do hope you enjoying getting the puppy, Hughesy.

McStanley

A DiRT Games Fan
    Even less than that now, under the hundred hour mark. He has his last inoculation Tuesday, normally they like to wait for 48 hours after before letting them go. But I couldn't wait so I'm still picking him up this Wednesday.
    This time tomorrow I'll be picking up my pug :D
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    I'll keep a lookout for some pics on twitter! :smile:
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Haha yeah there's going to be a lot of pictures and videos :love:
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    fIsince08 said:
    I don't post about my social life on here too often, but some of you may know that I've been in a theatre group for a long time. Well, anyway, we took part in a WW1 centenary concert tonight and we've received an offer to sing at Durham Cathedral on Remembrance Sunday next year!

Neither do I really  basically as every day is pretty much the same as the last for me. I get up have my breakfast boot up my PC to check messages and boot whatever game I plan to play up. A few hours later I have my dinner and pretty much the rest of the day I'm gaming or keeping an eye on any messages I receive. I lead a simple life but it works for me.  

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• KittyFit90KittyFit90 Member Unleaded
    Just got my SETs (student evaluation of teaching) back for the year, a huge improvement over my debut year 2017. Last year I was rated poorly for presentation of teaching and how comfortable students felt approaching me, this year I have improved to average (lols), that will mean the university will be happy to extend my contract (was a condition that I attended classes to improve that side of my teaching) yay! I rated very highly on knowledge and enthusiasm for my subjects so thats not the issue, just the 'people' skills haha. Very happy this morning, going to celebrate with an 8 hour stint in the lab then a bottle of wine in lieu of dinner, yum!
    Retired racer, full time science nerd!
    Picture overload of Teddy, I love him so much :heart:

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

He's definitely a cutie. :D 

Way too short

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

He is, my 6 year old dog doesn't think so, he is terrified of this little puppy :joy: They will be fine after a while though. Teddy chased Charlie, I've never seen Charlie run up the stairs so fast, it's hilarious.

I won't be getting much sleep, at this age he'll only be able to hold his bladder for 3 hours, so every 3 hours I'll have to wake up and let him out, the one and only thing I hate about having a puppy lol.
    So cute, already seeing the love and devotion in his puppy eyes. Amazing how quickly we humans become their 'world' and that we stay that way, for their whole lives. My Amelie, old girl she is now still looks at me like that.
    Sadly not all humans are like that and get rid of them when they grow up.

It's a good job I booked a week off, as every 3 hours I have to wake up and let him out to the toilet. He sleeps on my bed in hid dog basket, but I've put special mats down so that if he does have an accident it doesn't go on my bedding. When I woke at 7am he was cuddled up to me asleep :love:

My 6 year old dog is still scared of him. They were eating next to each other, Teddy looks up at Charlie, Charlie sees this and runs away :joy: I think once Charlie realises Teddy is a dog he will be ok lol.
    edited November 8
    I know a little bit about animal behaviour patterns, I did canine behaviour in 2nd year animal science as an undergrad.  IIRC if you take the two for a walk (smells, sounds and both being on a leash) that will help your older dog to make the cognitive leap that this new thing is the same as him. If they are doing the same things and being treated the same while out (dogs brains reach their most active state when outside and exposed to all stimuli) that will trigger the associative parts of his brain/memory and he will possibly make those cognitive connections quicker. This will also help your new dog for when you are not home and he can feel safe left with the the older dog.
    Post edited by KittyFit90 on
    edited November 8
    Problem is I can't take him for a walk for another 4 weeks. He has a second vaccination in two weeks  and then I have to wait two weeks after that. I might just take them out and around my car and back. Thanks for the tips though  :)

I've now put Teddy in a big pen rather than on my bed at night, until he's fully trained. I'm expecting some crying tonight but I'm sure he'll get used to it

It used to break my heart when my dog cried as a puppy when I made her get off my bed and stay in her basket at night. The crying lasted about a week, she still creeps towards me during the night 15 years later. By that I mean she ends up on the carpet right next to me so I trip on her if I get up during the night (shes always back in the basket in the morning, thinks I cant hear her breathing closer lol). If my partner is away I relent and let her sleep at the end of the bed so I get awoken by bad dog breath and sloppy kisses haha.

Anyway mate I think your pup is in very good hands and everything will be fine :)
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    I am very glad you have him now, Hughesy. I'm glad you enjoy having him. He looks really cute.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan