Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

1138513861388139013911396

Comments

  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Petrol Head
    I don't know if this is already a thing in DiRT, correct me if I'm wrong, but a small detail that would be nice: larger brake rotors when on tarmac. I believe, currently, the rotors are always the same size.
    Also a small detail, I already asked Paul about that when the first Dirt Rally was released but for some reasons I forgot, it wasn't possible. But I'd still love to see a little light inside the car on the codriver side for reading his pacenotes during night or evening stages.
    Small detail but still it would be really nice for realism though.
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    What little we saw of Poland in that clip looks great .Looks a little wide but I guess it looks much narrower through the cockpit view. 09:41 on the clock which seems a decent sized stage although that may be 'casual' driving. 

    Still gagging to know how many unique miles per event we are getting?!
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    That’s not the Polish flag  :#               
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    edited November 5
    Rallystu2 said:
    What little we saw of Poland in that clip looks great .Looks a little wide but I guess it looks much narrower through the cockpit view. 09:41 on the clock which seems a decent sized stage although that may be 'casual' driving. 

    Still gagging to know how many unique miles per event we are getting?!
    Where do you see the 9? I only see :41

    Edit: Nevermind  :D
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Oh right. Guess Rally Indonesia confirmed then?

    That would be pretty sweet though

    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 5
    bogani said:
    Rallystu2 said:
    What little we saw of Poland in that clip looks great .Looks a little wide but I guess it looks much narrower through the cockpit view. 09:41 on the clock which seems a decent sized stage although that may be 'casual' driving. 

    Still gagging to know how many unique miles per event we are getting?!
    Where do you see the 9? I only see :41
    The full clock in the top left reads 09:41.098
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Rallystu2 said:
    dwkGravey said:
    That’s not the Polish flag  :#               
    I think it's the Monte Carlo flag. But I'm guessing they intended it to go the other way round
    I love European flags. A lot of them are the same, just upside down, backwards, or orange instead of red.
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    Rallystu2 said:
    dwkGravey said:
    That’s not the Polish flag  :#               
    I think it's the Monte Carlo flag. But I'm guessing they intended it to go the other way round
    It would be indeed the flag of Monaco. Now, it's possible that whoever runs DiRT's Instagram (Christina?) accidentally put the Polish flag emoji the other way round. Or, that could be a hint to a certain famous rally in that certain famous principality...

    JZStudios said:
    Rallystu2 said:
    dwkGravey said:
    That’s not the Polish flag  :#               
    I think it's the Monte Carlo flag. But I'm guessing they intended it to go the other way round
    I love European flags. A lot of them are the same, just upside down, backwards, or orange instead of red.
    When Kris Meeke ended up in a snowbank in this year's Monte rally, there was a flag of either Italy or Ireland but due to the not exactly amazing quality of WRC onboards no one could tell which one it was  :|
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    They followed up on the 'story' and corrected the flag, same pic though.
  • Julo264Julo264 Member Unleaded
    edited November 5
    Well, it's a surprisingly common mistake, with the polish flag, but the roads itself look good. Been to this rally many, many times and it seems quite similar 

    P.S look at the time, over 9 minutes and not at the end yet. That's quite a long stage and I like it
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Julo264 said:
    Well, it's a surprisingly common mistake, with the polish flag, but the roads itself look good. Been to this rally many, many times and it seems quite similar 

    P.S look at the time, over 9 minutes and not at the end yet. That's quite a long stage and I like it
    I agree, both environment and the road looks accurate.

    The stages are long in Poland so I really hope they will try to make it as long as possible.


  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    WRC7's Poland stages were fantastic; if thesrare close to as good then I'll be laughing.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    edited November 6
    There was a dedicated Rally Poland game back in the day, exclusive to Poland. I translated it via my Polish wife (and one of the co drivers spoke English so you can replace the others with that, haha).

    Some sample gameplay. It feels like Xpand Rally or something like that: 


  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    And even they managed to licence Skodas :P
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    I'm sure they'll have a Skoda R5 . The R5 class would look great with the Citroen,fiesta, Skoda and VW in it.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Rallystu2 said:
    I'm sure they'll have a Skoda R5 . The R5 class would look great with the Citroen,fiesta, Skoda and VW in it.

    I very much doubt it will be in the game at launch; Citroen, Ford and VW we know about already, hopefully the Hyundai makes a comeback and maybe the Peugeot too. If a Fabia makes it, I'd guess it will 'headline' one of the DLCs.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Skoda is part of VW group, are they particularly much harder to license?
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Skoda is part of VW group, are they particularly much harder to license?
    If I recall correctly Skoda have proved problematic in the past. If remember rightly Skoda(s) were mentioned in an early build of DiRT 3, but never made it to the final game due to licensing difficulties. 

    "If In Doubt, Flat Out!"


Sign In or Register to comment.