Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    versedi said:
    Edit: Okay, I was wrong, it doesn't seem to be Baranowo. Still searching through onboards. Just gotta find the proper exit with not that much trees out of that square right. There aren't that many in Rally Poland which aren't an intersection. 6:37 is similar in video below but the road further doesn't match.

Actually @versedi maybe you shouldn't have changed your mind...

Hoping there's this one and one other Polish stage, if it's just Baranowo split in half we're not looking at many KMs. On the other hand, what a stage!
    Hope that grass isnt easy cutting, some hidden stones, being super rough something
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    Looks like they got the dirt colour wrong here too. :D
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Oscar97 said:
    I'm going to assume you're kidding; it's a still from a video of a TV of a stage being run in the dry at maybe noon in what appears to be early autumn vs the screen from the real rally where it was 8am and the gravel was wet. Yeah, it's not a 100% laser scan, but come on, you can't expect a 15km rally stage to be closer.

I much preferred the lighting in DR to D4 and hope they go back to it, but you can't judge off that.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • LawstorantLawstorant Member New Car Smell
    @RodgerDavies
    You mean Mikołajki?

Body is 7 characters too short.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited November 2018
    versedi said:
    Edit: Okay, I was wrong, it doesn't seem to be Baranowo. Still searching through onboards. Just gotta find the proper exit with not that much trees out of that square right. There aren't that many in Rally Poland which aren't an intersection. 6:37 is similar in video below but the road further doesn't match.

Actually @versedi maybe you shouldn't have changed your mind...

Hoping there's this one and one other Polish stage, if it's just Baranowo split in half we're not looking at many KMs. On the other hand, what a stage; I just watched the second half and it's terrifying!
    Which kilometer of the stage that is from which year?

The Baranowo was run in two different directions at least in 2015.
    There's also extended version for powerstage.

Please let me know which SS of which rally is that.

Oscar97 said:
    The color is right - but it's not autumn! It's middle of summer. It looks like it rained at night and the wet gravel was digged up back because you can see the lines already created by at least one loop of cars (see the ruts at the middle of corner). Also the video is too bluueish - the grass look more unnatural - in summer it's more yellowish in Poland just like in DIRT's picture.

Also Poland's gravel varies - there are stages with more reddish and bigger rocks while most of them are very sandish. 

Just see pictures like here:

Dry:

Wet rusted:

Dry with wet gravel digged uP;

• versediversedi Member Champion
    edited November 2018
    SS11, Rally Poland 2017, Time stamp 4:58 (doesnt work on the forum, copy link below):

It rained that last year :) Colour in pictures is justified completely when it's dry. Notice how the gravel looks before the first corner at the start, and how it looks just after it in the shadows where are trees - it's still completely wet.
    youtu.be/N38purMOJME?t=299

Nice find mate @[email protected] ; , really good eye. Are you from Poland? :D

I still think that the stage they've run the previous time isn't Baranowo - that's something else. There's no square right like that on Baranowo. Unless that was 6:37 and I'm just seeing the road ahead wrong.

I see that Jon removed those videos from his IG :(

Well at least concrete plates are confirmed, at least 200m of them in Baranowo :D
    edited November 2018
    @versedi

Just thought it would be fun to watch the long stages from Poland 2017 on WRC+

Even if I hadn't found it I enjoyed myself :P

Looking at the coverage and thinking about DR stage lengths, I'd hazard a guess that it's the 2016 version in game rather than 2017.

Another random thought; if they're only recording pacenotes for this now, does that mean these weren't in the "28 long specials" Stephane Prevot was talking about? Or this footage has just been kicking around for a while?
    Post edited by RodgerDavies on
  • Julo264Julo264 Member Unleaded
    versedi said:
    SS11, Rally Poland 2017, Time stamp 4:58 (doesnt work on the forum, copy link below):

It rained that last year :) Colour in pictures is justified completely when it's dry. Notice how the gravel looks before the first corner at the start, and how it looks just after it in the shadows where are trees - it's still completely wet.
    youtu.be/N38purMOJME?t=299

Nice find mate @[email protected] ; , really good eye. Are you from Poland? :D

I still think that the stage they've run the previous time isn't Baranowo - that's something else. There's no square right like that on Baranowo. Unless that was 6:37 and I'm just seeing the road ahead wrong.

I see that Jon removed those videos from his IG :(

Well at least concrete plates are confirmed, at least 200m of them in Baranowo :D
    Pretty hyped for Baranowo, the concrete section in the village there is pretty fun. I was there, spectating in 2017
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    ive seen a few things similar to wrc 7 event wise choice. Baranowo is in wrc 7 also. tight fast events from germany and poland are more than welcome B)
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    dgeesi0 said:
    ive seen a few things similar to wrc 7 event wise choice. Baranowo is in wrc 7 also. tight fast events from germany and poland are more than welcome B)
    Hold on, did wrc 7 use real stages? I didn't know that
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • Julo264Julo264 Member Unleaded
    dgeesi0 said:
    Well the names were real but WRC 7 Baranowo, was nowhere near the authentic one
    dgeesi0 said:
    I believe it used sections of real stages and stitched them together. The GB ones were the worst example of this approach, the Poland, Mexico, Germany and Monte Carlo ones were excellent. Basically, the ones they made later. If they are doing WRC8 and taking a year to bring the others up to those standards, it could be superb.

Regarding the DR2 version, it's unlikely but it would be great if they're able to take some of the sections with multiple roads (like in the village) and create a few different variants of them.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Far from real, Argentina was far from being real it was a joke
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 2018
    Ok, that was just a joke. I don't care about the dirt colour at all, but it's good to see it's actually close to the real thing.
    However, if the stage is indeed Baranowo, it wouldn't make much sense to cut it in half, it's only 16 Km long. Which makes me think, maybe the game will feature 2 full stages per rally, with a short one and a longer one that's split in two.
    Something completely unrelated, maybe they're bringing the photo mode from Onrush to DR2.0? That would honestly be great, but I don't know if it would be easily feasible.
    Far from real, Argentina was far from being real it was a joke
    Oh yeah, Argentina was one of the other pretty poor ones. But it was bits of real stages stitched together. Felt very unnatural when they got it wrong and tried squeezing two very different terrains into one stage. 
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    I think they just base then on features from real life in WRC7, except for the super special stages, which are meant to be accurate.
    @Julo264 That makes a lot more sense than anything I'd thought so far!

• warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited November 2018
    If they're doing 4 stages per location, it also bodes well for any returning rallies from the original DR. For example, they would have the Panzerplatte, military base, stage, allowing people to enjoy their remastered favorite, but they could also add Mittelmosel, through the vineyards. This would, effectively, allow them to charge for returning locations (because there is new stuff that took hard work), while simultaneously allowing them to save some work with upgraded DR1 assets.