Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    edited December 4
    I'd like to buy the first two soon as part of a pre-order, but don't feel like there's anything like enough info about them or the game itself yet.

[insert tumbleweed gif here]

Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Wheel Nut
    I agree they should perhaps reveal at least 1 of the seasons before release. Though I am still pre ordering deluxe so I'm a hypocrite 
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    I'm just going to say that being part of the "in-crowd" has some benefits.
    Not enough, but some.
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Yeah, that <redacted> looks real nice.  
  • JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    Here we go again...
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    edited December 5
    Jepsertti said:
    Here we go again...

Could this help?  https://goo.gl/Qu3cB5

edit: fixed
    Post edited by gfRally on

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    i never get why websites dont just have a image upload simple process. i been coming here for over 10 years still cant upload a image :D
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    dgeesi0 said:
    i never get why websites dont just have a image upload simple process. i been coming here for over 10 years still cant upload a image :D
    I use Tinypic on here and havent had any issues with it.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    dgeesi0 said:
    I use Tinypic on here and havent had any issues with it.
    I've always used imgur with no issues either
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    dgeesi0 said:
    They don't want to pay to host our images. Believe me, as a web developer myself, it can get expensive renting hard drive space or Amazon S3 to host the hundreds of thousand of images we gossipers would be constantly uploading.

Annoying, yes. Understandable, also yes. 
    Yep, gigs of kebab pizza 😂 there's also the small issue of any copyrighted images, if hosted here with them, could cause Codemasters trouble.
    Rallystu2 said:
    I agree they should perhaps reveal at least 1 of the seasons before release. Though I am still pre ordering deluxe so I'm a hypocrite 
    This will happen! Season 1 content will likely be revealed in January, towards the end of the month. :) 
    You are my sunshine, etc etc
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    edited December 5
    Rallystu2 said:
    This will happen! Season 1 content will likely be revealed in January, towards the end of the month. :) 
    Great news, thanks for confirming that - glad to see openness and nothing being hidden away and will definitely encourage me to sign up for the season pass / deluxe edition.

Being optimistic, does that mean we can expect the car list for the launch game before that, or would the two not necessarily be related?
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    Rallystu2 said:
    Great news, thanks for confirming that - glad to see openness and nothing being hidden away and will definitely encourage me to sign up for the season pass / deluxe edition.

Being optimistic, does that mean we can expect the car list for the launch game before that, or would the two not necessarily be related?
    Since Season 1 should include new cars, I assume by that time we'd know the car list already
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
    carpa said:
    Rallystu2 said:

Since Season 1 should include new cars, I assume by that time we'd know the car list already
    Well I'd expect a bit of a Christmas present and an info dump. Codies don't want to miss out on Christmas pre orders
    By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
    No early Christmas present, @christinaMC?
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    Rallystu2 said:
    By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
    No early Christmas present, @christinaMC?
    'Before launch' gives us some wiggle room! It might be more a Happy New Year present though ;)
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    Speaking of car list, I just checked the start list for Monza Rally Show which will be held this weekend. With an official car for Suninen and three other Fiestas for Rossi, Brivio and Salucci, there is a total of FOUR Ford Fiesta WRC+, which is more than I ever saw in these two years in the WRC...

Here is the full list, for anyone interested (the 911 SC RS is in the same class as the 037, and interestingly the M3 E30 is in the same class as the Delta 16V, although the full tarmac surface may help)
    http://www.monzarallyshow.it/doc/2018/elenco_iscritti-entry_list.pdf
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve