Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    cant wait to hear more news .This month plus ,is going to drag by 
    The new Ace Combat is out on the 19th which I am rather glad about: playing that for a month should make the wait for DR2.0 a bit less painful!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    Oh thats sweet, have been looking into that lately.^ thanks for heads up 
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Argentina will only have the 16km of El Condor-Copina? I think that is reaaaally short, Greece in Dirt Rally 1 had at least 20km I really hope for another argentinean stage

The clip with the Ford we have seen so far is ~8.5km. Make of that what you will. I'm hoping Codemasters can confirm that soon. Again, I don't mind if it is short (as that's what I expect), but keep expectations in check and stop letting our imaginations run amok if that's not the case please.

For the record, IMO it would also improve reactions to the car list by letting us know the negatives up front (e.g. which classes from previous game won't make it).
    That might have been one of the short cut up ones if they are doing it the Dirt Rally way. 
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    bogani said:
    Argentina will only have the 16km of El Condor-Copina? I think that is reaaaally short, Greece in Dirt Rally 1 had at least 20km I really hope for another argentinean stage

The clip with the Ford we have seen so far is ~8.5km. Make of that what you will. I'm hoping Codemasters can confirm that soon. Again, I don't mind if it is short (as that's what I expect), but keep expectations in check and stop letting our imaginations run amok if that's not the case please.

For the record, IMO it would also improve reactions to the car list by letting us know the negatives up front (e.g. which classes from previous game won't make it).
    That might have been one of the short cut up ones if they are doing it the Dirt Rally way. 
    Hence wanting them to clarify those details ;)

I imagine that's not the case, because whilst we've seen screenshots of the stage with the bridges (the other half of 'El Condor' to the one shown in the stream), we haven't seen anything that would indicate there being more (usual 'El Condor' is <17km, there's a longer 24ish km config with a tarmac section but I doubt they'd build that).
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Petrol Head
    edited January 9
    Hmm, looked up NEFR stages. If they remodelled real-ones they seem to be very similar to finland in character. Wide roads with many blind crest corners, requiring high copilot trust. Just minus some jumps.
    And Finland in DR was also autumn. And Greece is very similar to the new Argentina, although Argentina seems to be superior in many ways.
    This leads me to following bet for the first two seasons of DLC:
    If they include TWO DR locations:
    Sweden & Monte Carlo
    Else if they include FOUR DR locations:
    Sweden & Monte Carlo (Winter-Pack)
    Wales & Germany (please with Vineyard stage(s))
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    SkyRex said:
    Hmm, looked up NEFR stages. If they remodelled real-ones they seem to be very similar to finland in character. Wide roads with many blind crest corners, requiring high copilot trust. Just minus some jumps.
    And Finland in DR was also autumn. And Greece is very similar to the new Argentina, although Argentina seems to be superior in many ways.
    Sweden & Monte Carlo
    Please not Monte Carlo. I've already accepted Sweden will come, and we do need a snow event. But, if there are only two new rallies coming, please make the second one something like Germany. We need another 'dry' tarmac rally, so to speak.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    SkyRex said:
    Sweden & Monte Carlo
    Please not Monte Carlo. I've already accepted Sweden will come, and we do need a snow event. But, if there are only two new rallies coming, please make the second one something like Germany. We need another 'dry' tarmac rally, so to speak.
    Dry monte then? Not gonna lie, that would be amazing

If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
    SkyRex said:
    Sweden & Monte Carlo
    Dry monte then? Not gonna lie, that would be amazing

Actually yes. That would be epic.
    edited January 9
    Ok so ,
    How about Monte with dynamic weather :)
    Actually, I changed my mind. If the Monte could be brought back with the option to race it snowy or dry (via weather selection) I would want that over any asphalt rally. Nothing like those treacherous and beautiful roads in the Alps, with those wonderful hairpins.
  • Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Pit Crew
    It would be simply the best thing ever if season on season the conditions could be different. Like a warm dry Monte or a Sweden with little to no snow. Maybe no snow until day 3 or something. I mean that would genuinely be effing amazing.
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    Seeing RX Olivier Bennett’s instgram story, his Xite Ford Fiesta will be in DR2.0. Does that mean his MINI is not in?

seems you can try out DR2.0 at Autosport International at Xite. 
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
    edited January 9
    where did you see it? I can't find that story

EDIT: nevermind I found it. I even snapped up a pic

-Mario Andretti
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Bugger! I turned down tickets for Friday, would have said yes if I'd have known DR2 was there! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Pit Crew
    edited January 9
    That's frustrating. I'll be within spitting distance of dr2. Is anyone going?

What are those 5 icons on the bottom bar? 4 white and one red
    Rallystu2 said:

Could be the grid position. The red one is the player.
    -Mario Andretti
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    edited January 10
    bogani said:
    Dytut said:
    bogani said:
    Good spot. How did we miss that before? 
    I bet @ChristinaMc edited the text afterwards just to mess with us ;-) 
    actually it's from beginning, i remember reading it the day after the trailer came out..
    When thinking about I remember it as it actually said Michigan in that blog? I'm not completely sure though, might be wrong. 

Could have been written by habit and then later corrected to New England? 
    I remember it said New England, because I read the sentence as “and England provides the perfect autumnal backdrop for Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995”, and thought that makes sense, a Prodrive Subaru would be at home in England. 

Not realizing that a) it said New England, and b) England isn’t even a rally location. 
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Rallystu2 said:

I’ve been the last few years but I find it’s gotten a bit boring and repetitive, plus there seems to be less and less there each year but the price has gone up! There is normally a pretty big queue for games like that anyway.

As kingofcoins said, it says grid position and highlights the player’s slot