Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I am hyped to see this IRL

2019 SRTUSA livery (though this is the RallyCross car) 

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• JepserttiJepsertti Member Race Engineer
    gfRally said:

Looks nice except for the rear spoiler. It's like they went to the local tuning parts shop and purposely tried to find the ugliest spoiler they could find and slammed it to the car. :joy:
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Pit Crew
    Really hoping for a super 1600 or an expanded F2 list.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Jepsertti said:
    gfRally said:

Looks nice except for the rear spoiler. It's like they went to the local tuning parts shop and purposely tried to find the ugliest spoiler they could find and slammed it to the car. :joy:
    Looks like an R5  B)
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited January 11
    (...)hopefully we will be getting a car lost(...)
    No. We don't want them to lose any cars.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    bogani said:
    Jepsertti said:
    gfRally said:

Looks like an R5  B)
    Was thinking exactly the same, looks just like the standard R5 wing.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    They changed to the normal STI wing on the RX Subaru,  becauseit gave a better balance and the RX wing had to much drag. They noticed this a lot at ARX Canada round and at NitroRX. That's why they cutted the wing at Trois Rivieres and at NRX they changed to the STI wing.

"If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    Dont know if something from CM will come today, I at least hope so.
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    I'd still like to know why The Crew 2 can have this: http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=158186
    Which is also in WRC 7: http://igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=126951

Yet Codemasters would have trouble licensing up-to-date rally cars directly? We see up-to-date F1 cars in other games, licensed directly from the manufacturers, so I'm not sure why WRC would be greatly different.

• warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    LutzM said:
    It's 6 weeks from today until it will be released for those who preordered...perfect moment for giving us something today :)

Maybe just some more cars, or some stage names or planned locations for DLC or just one simple YES or NO as an answer to the question, if liveries will be editable on PC as they were in D4 @ChristinaMc ;

Next week we'll hint at what's coming in DLC! And liveries will be as they were in DiRT 4 - i.e. not officially supported.

@ChristinaMc ; But will they be more like purpose made liveries? Also will there be some plain color choices? Sorry to nag too much.

edited January 11
    JorritVD said:
    So he is doing high 42's a lap while Kristoffersson is lapping at mid 48's at Trois-Rivieres IRL.

I know curcuits aren't 100% accurate but it really bugs me that lap times are so far apart from real life.
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    ^ AGREE..................turn the "tune " back should be available to mirror RL times ,at least.
  • JepserttiJepsertti Member Race Engineer
    bogani said:
    JorritVD said:
    So he is doing high 42's a lap while Kristoffersson is lapping at mid 48's at Trois-Rivieres IRL.

I know curcuits aren't 100% accurate but it really bugs me that lap times are so far apart from real life.
    6 seconds per lap is indeed a ridiculous difference on such short tracks. Think about the time difference in final heats; the time in game would be over half a minute quicker.

Half. A. Minute.
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Pit Crew
    Could it be a shortened version of the circuit? A junior layout maybe?
    Jepsertti said:
    bogani said:
    JorritVD said:

6 seconds per lap is indeed a ridiculous difference on such short tracks. Think about the time difference in final heats; the time in game would be over half a minute quicker.

Half. A. Minute.

I'm sure some of that time is down to circuit variations, but not THAT much. 

So is it down to excessive acceleration or ridiculous corner speed abilities? 

In comparison PC2 is a lot closer lap time wise. 

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    so who knows whats wrong? Is it physics or simply too much power on straights?