Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Flashbacks in online races Yes/No?

Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded
So as the thread title reads do you want Flashbacks in the online racing or not? My thoughts; my instincts tell me No as I believe it encourages reckless/careless driving as was evident in Grid 2. This feature is not set in stone, it would be quite simple for Codemasters to switch this on or off before the game releases so here's your chance to let Codemasters know what you think :)

Flashbacks in online races Yes/No? 69 votes

Yes
14%
LooreSkiddyboy13scottishwildcatRallyDrivensjsharp2010MrDeapTDDBMickdoohansms6147No2ie 10 votes
No
85%
yugin96TURBODEVIN19MBKF1KRTheIcemanSolidSeanFlashStealthcouger1981SRBIJAdeadyetChokDKjoepineapplesoring1DiRTKiNG808KingOfTheCakesMagnificentGeofPurple44flowaangelzLoggyholaMiatakiasGRSRS13Rastus1701 59 votes

Comments

• Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded
    No
    As I'm unable to Edit my original post due no doubt to this forum being in beta here's further clarification about my original post above.

This vote is for Flashbacks in the Public Playlists and when I say Public Playlists I am not referring to Custom Playlists where various options are chosen by the Host. Public Playlists do not have a Host and have all options set up by Codemasters such as Car Damage On or Off. If a Host in Custom Playlists wants to add Flashbacks then so be it as we all have a choice if we want to join that race lobby.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    No
    Your right is does cause reckless driving that is why I play the Hardcore playlist.
  • LooreLoore Member Champion
    Yes
    Flashbacks are there, if you want to race without them then the custom playlists have all the options you need, as you said.

Official playlists will have flashbacks on.
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • FlashStealthFlashStealth Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2014
    No
    custom playlist have big defect.. host kick, any hope to set an option to make a custom list with a kick-vote, let set as option this too
    FLASH-TEAM Community: 
    Steam | Site | Facebook | forum | 
  • Workhorse9696Workhorse9696 Member Unleaded
    No
    Ok thanks for the reply.

Can you say whether they are going to work the same way as in Grid 2 or will they be implemented differently at all?
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    No

:-O   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  ^:)^
  • TDDBTDDB Member Unleaded
    Yes
    Sorry, but I'm going against the trend.

If you want serious, 'hardcore' racing with proper drivers, when in the world do you think going on the quick lobby is a good idea? There will always be the drivers who ram or whateva, so having a flashback to recover from the yobbos is incredibly useful, and removes a proportion of the pain of being rammed off. And it hardly encourages them to cause collisions. No flashbacks on F1, yet we still get plenty of imbeciles. Rammers will always ram.

Those complaining about flashbacks, obviously don't want to be rammed off. So you'd be better suited to being in your own custom lobby with your own rules and parameters, where yes, you can turn off flash backs. This sounds a heck of a lot more suitable for yourselves.

So really, yes, we do need flashbacks in the quick lobbies.
    +1 It is utterly annoying when some latex pig slams into you and takes you far into the gravel trap. We need flashbacks in quick lobbys.
    No
    so is clear, flashback are done for the pu..ies :D
    FLASH-TEAM Community: 
  • Skiddyboy13Skiddyboy13 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes
    Hey at least we can actually, y'know, give a proper answer rather than a derogatory pointless comment.
    Youtube & Twitter

To quote Grid: ''Just do your best, you can't do more''.

• AssiemodisAssiemodis Member Unleaded
    edited April 2014
    No
    It's my opinion that flashbacks has nothing to do in any racegame.
    It's a mechanic for little children that cant stand they made an error or are caught up in someones other error so I voted no.
    But I will be mainly hosting myself in custom events or joins friends session who have turned it off.
    And we kick rammers faster then you can blinck an eye.  :D
    ....................................................................................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
    WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
  • LooreLoore Member Champion
    Yes
    Sorry, but I'm going against the trend.

If you want serious, 'hardcore' racing with proper drivers, when in the world do you think going on the quick lobby is a good idea? There will always be the drivers who ram or whateva, so having a flashback to recover from the yobbos is incredibly useful, and removes a proportion of the pain of being rammed off. And it hardly encourages them to cause collisions. No flashbacks on F1, yet we still get plenty of imbeciles. Rammers will always ram.

Those complaining about flashbacks, obviously don't want to be rammed off. So you'd be better suited to being in your own custom lobby with your own rules and parameters, where yes, you can turn off flash backs. This sounds a heck of a lot more suitable for yourselves.

So really, yes, we do need flashbacks in the quick lobbies.
    I think that sums it up rather well.

Sorry guys, but if you want the ultra hardcore racing experience then the custom playlists are where you'll find a home, we really have given you a huge variety of options in there to really customise your racing experience.
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
    No
    Hey at least we can actually, y'know, give a proper answer rather than a derogatory pointless comment.
    is just to make a laugh :D
    FLASH-TEAM Community: 
  • TDDBTDDB Member Unleaded
    Yes
    It's a mechanic for little children that cant stand they made an error or are caught up in someones other error so I voted no.
    But I will be mainly hosting myself in custom events or joins friends session who have turned it off.
    blink* and really? If someone going full pelt into you as you slow down sensibly for a turn counts as an "error", I am Ryan Mckane!
  • AssiemodisAssiemodis Member Unleaded
    No

TDDB said:
    blink* and really? If someone going full pelt into you as you slow down sensibly for a turn counts as an "error", I am Ryan Mckane!
    I think you are talking about delibrate rammers isn't it?
    Thats why we need streaming text chat instead of that voice **** from steam (which I asume is the one in the game).
    Because I wont use that and people who make a general mistake can make an apoligee thru the textchat.
    Rammers will never make an excuse for that in my experience.
    And I and think the friends I play with aswell will keep a list with users who delibartly chrashes.
    So they can be recognised when they enter the session and kicked out on first oppertunity.

....................................................................................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
    WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    How do flashbacks online work?
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • Skiddyboy13Skiddyboy13 Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2014
    Yes
    If it's anything like GRID 2 or DiRT 3, you bonk the flashback button, and your car gets respawned from slightly further back from where you are, on the racing line, but ghosted for a second or two, with a rolling start.
    Youtube & Twitter

To quote Grid: ''Just do your best, you can't do more''.

• ChokDKChokDK Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    No
    If it's anything like GRID 2 or DiRT 3, you bonk the flashback button, and your car gets respawned from slightly further back from where you are, on the racing line, but ghosted for a second or two, with a rolling start.
    LOL - I simply can't imagine this for a online race..
    Maybe for F1 Stars or something, but in a "semi-sim" car game? =;
    I might have missunderstood what this game is about.

PC i7/12gb ram/SSD/GTX970/Asus ROG monitor/ Vsync = OFF ♥ Let's have TOCA 2 back ♥

• SlaneSlane Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    No
    So basically gives people the option to drive how they like at the start with very little consequences.  Also theres nothing more annoying than driving along and a few ghost cars flashing in front of you.

Never been a fan of flashback in online.
    www.betamaxx-esports.org

• Purple44Purple44 Member Wheel Nut
    No
    Loore said:
    Flashbacks are there, if you want to race without them then the custom playlists have all the options you need, as you said.

Official playlists will have flashbacks on.
    So Codies did not learn the lessens from GRID 2 online. :(

Which came first? The chicken or the egg? With flashback online, that just encourages the griefers to do more damage, not less. Griefers where taking players out, use a flashback and end up in front of player they took out and headed on to their next target. :(

Good PC players will be staying away form the public playlists. There goes your longevity for GRID Autosport when after a month, players going online find the playlist with only a few players in the lobby or no players at.

Griefers will not care about the damage they do to their car, if they still can cause mayhem online. Look like I will be waiting for a Steam summer sale again to pickup GRID Autosport, to do some GRID style derby racing, where we love to tear apart Griefers. There no whinny in a derby race, anything goes.