Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Project CARS

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    I don't think that was Platys point. There's now two Pcars threads which isn't really needed, and he's posting each video in both threads. I think it's good he's posting videos, but really they only need to be in this thread.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Keep videos in the video thread please.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    He's also got his own thread for videos so doesn't that make it three? :p 
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Ban hammer him!
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Alright, so after almost an hour and a half of CONTROLLER settings tweaking this morning on this POS game, I think I finally found the right combination to at least make this game playable. Considering my hype for this game and my extreme disappointment since picking it up Tuesday, let me say, this is a PRIME example of why we need demos, now more than ever.

Steering Deadzone : 10
    Steering Sensitivity : 10
    Throttle Deadzone : 10
    Throttle Sensitivity : 30
    Brake Deadzone : 10
    Brake Sensitivity : 30
    Clutch Deadzone : 10
    Clutch Sensitivity : 45
    Speed Sensitivity : 65
    Controller Filtering Sensitivity : 45
    Force Feedback : 95
    Controller Input Mode : 3
    Advanced : OFF

This was all tested with real racing assists enabled on a Clio Cup. It's still a bit squirrel-y under braking, but I find enabling the soft steering makes the cars feel like a brick.

Ended up RETURNING this yesterday when I found out EBGames (Canada) allows Platinum members to swap a brand new game once. I put it towards Witcher 3. Will use DIRT 3, Wreckfest, and perhaps DriveClub PS+ edition if it ever comes out while I patiently wait for GT7 to release.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    So we now have three Project Cars threads..... Good job.
  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    edited May 2015
    Just overtook at car in practice at Dubai in Formula Gulf that was cruising around on full wets. Not entirely sure he realised what country we were in.
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward

yo whats the deal with this, I pre ordered project cars before I went away, got back today and went to Tesco only to be told its out of stock and to check tomorrow if its back in stock. should they not have kept my pre ordered version aside for me? raging I cant play it today I have been so excited all week :-(

Serves you right for going to Tesco.......

#AsdaMasterrace
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    Platy said:
    Just done my first race in the Clio Cup. The AI isn't very good, as in they don't seem to drive like a person would. They seem to have a fast-in, slow-out approach to corners; unless things are different higher up. The game also suffers from the simulation bug that the F1 games has, AI makes up random lap times during qualifying if you skip to the end. Its fun though, hopefully they work hard on the AI because it takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Also not being in control in the pits? Pretty lame. Weather looks nice though.
    Not so sure about that :p This is the ending of a race I did 2 or 3 nights ago, I was flabbergasted by the blatant cheating and the fact that if I'd pulled the same move I'd have been given no chance to recover before flying well off circuit, but also impressed because I didn't think an AI would drive like that lol. Loved how close it was across the line, 0.030.

Though this doesn't happen often, seems like certain track and car combinations give you better AI racing than others do.

I go off there all the time and do just fine lol. You kinda forced him wide.
    I had the inside line and was ahead going into the corner, making it mine lol. He turned into me and went off by himself, there was room for us both yet I was still hit.
    edited May 2015
    I had the inside line and was ahead going into the corner, making it mine lol. He turned into me and went off by himself, there was room for us both yet I was still hit.
    This attitude is why I don't race with randoms.

Just because you had the inside line doesn't mean he has to back out and give you the position. You went into the grass and then came back across into him. You left him no room going into the right hander regardless of who's fault the initial contact was.

Really though it was a racing incident at most. Happens all the time in racing. 

Btw when you leave the track, the AIs awareness of you drops off a cliff.

On the flip side I can see where you're coming from, but calling it cheating is a bit excessive. Poor form by the AI at worst.
  • PlatyPlaty Member Team Principal
    The AIs awareness is pretty awful to start with so its not a big drop.

The problem is the AI drives the same way whether there's a car near them or not. If that was an overtake on a real person then they would have backed out and attacked later in the lap, but with the AI they brake at the same point and try to the take the same line which isn't possible. Then they take ridiculous speed through the slow corners, even if they're not on the track, and seem to be unaffected from being off-track and having to turn sharply to get back on track. The AI need a lot of work, they're no better than the AI in Grid or F1 or any other racing game out there.

Honestly, as fun as this game is, it still feels unfinished; plus there's some big bugs/issues still in there (weather not effecting AI on console for example). Hope they work hard on it and don't drop it after a few months to make the next game.
    @DarkRedslayer And yet @RevolvingPrawn  is the cleanest racers I know... I've been saying for months that the ai can be awful at times, it's been this way throughout development, pro tip as I've said before, treat every ai like Maldonado or Rossi (if you've played Forza 2 onwards)! o:)
    I think you'd find I'm one of the cleanest racers out there if you were to race me, I'll give you a good fight but I'll do everything I can to avoid contact with another racer. And if I did hit you I'd glad stop and let you back past in the interest of fairness. You're welcome to ask any of the guys who I league race with about my standards, and I'd think the fact that they made me a steward shows that I'm not a dirty racer. @Hughesy could back me up on this seeing as he and I have raced each other a bunch of times.

And no room on the right hander? There was plenty going in, but when the AI is on the grass and there isn't a car on circuit next to me then why shouldn't I use the whole width of the circuit? The fact remains, going into the corner my rear wheels were ahead of his front wheels, putting the responsibility of avoiding contact on him as the car behind. 

What you seem to be missing though is I'm not saying the AI ramming techniques are cheating, I actually kinda like it because it's what I'd expect racing randomers. What I'm calling cheating is the fact that the sausage curb had no real effect on his grip or traction, yet had that been my car bumping over that thing, the physics of the game would have screwed me. Just seems unfair that the AI can get away with things that a player can't.
    I think you'd find I'm one of the cleanest racers out there if you were to race me, I'll give you a good fight but I'll do everything I can to avoid contact with another racer. And if I did hit you I'd glad stop and let you back past in the interest of fairness. You're welcome to ask any of the guys who I league race with about my standards, and I'd think the fact that they made me a steward shows that I'm not a dirty racer. @Hughesy could back me up on this seeing as he and I have raced each other a bunch of times.

And no room on the right hander? There was plenty going in, but when the AI is on the grass and there isn't a car on circuit next to me then why shouldn't I use the whole width of the circuit? The fact remains, going into the corner my rear wheels were ahead of his front wheels, putting the responsibility of avoiding contact on him as the car behind. 

What you seem to be missing though is I'm not saying the AI ramming techniques are cheating, I actually kinda like it because it's what I'd expect racing randomers. What I'm calling cheating is the fact that the sausage curb had no real effect on his grip or traction, yet had that been my car bumping over that thing, the physics of the game would have screwed me. Just seems unfair that the AI can get away with things that a player can't.
    Then by your own words the first hit was your fault since you went in the grass. Lol.

However, if what you're referring to was the kerb alone, I'll agree to that, as that curb has sent me flying a couple times as I learned that track.
    edited May 2015
    No, by my own words the car behind is the one who has the responsibility to avoid contact, I was ahead going into the corner despite a small stretch where my left wheels were on grass. Therefore the hit through Brundle, the left hander, is the fault of the AI.

Definitely the curb though bud, the contact itself wasn't a problem, and like I said I kinda enjoy it because it makes the AI feel more lifelike and that's never a bad thing :) But if they aren't affected by stuff like the curb in the same way the player is then that's what I call cheating ;)