Btw, EA did "made" (well one of their studios) one of my most favorite single player offline games quite recently: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It is so far the only game on my PlayStation where I got platinum for 😄.
There was a trend indeed with lootboxing at EA. But fans responded about that at Star Wars Battlefront II, even though it had a single player part. But gamers not wanted it and BF2 was in a pretty **** situation. EA and DICE have changed the game a lot, lootboxing is gone, and did a lot of updates on it if i'm correct to make things right, be transparent and try give the gamers what they want. So i think EA is quite aware now to what works and what works not.
To be honest, DiRT Rally 2.0 has a lot of potential to be a very good offline and online game. Maybe the keyword is here "potential", because on some front it was lacking quite a lot and in some areas even some small steps were taken back compared to D4 and DR1 and sometimes the visions arent strong enough.
- Career mode should have been offline, but it is helpful for the developers to get data, although needing to be online constantly for it is a bit strange.
- The online career part was mostly for the My Team and the community challenges. But I think it would be better to make a online career mode seperately for that.
- 8 players for online custom sessions are just to low. Should really go up. But seeing D5, I think this will happen.
- More "open" lobby's where people can choose an RX class, RX track, etc. Just like in MotoGP 20 where people can choose the class (MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3) and the track after that.
- Add Time Trail Challenges: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/63419-tt20-time-trail-challenges/
- I was talking about a step back earlier. Well in D4 and DR2 it was possible to choose for custome events for "Finals only" in Rallycross sessions. Meaning having semi-final and final in an online event. This option is missing from DR2. In DR2 there is only a "single race" or "full event" option.
I did a lot of suggestions in my topic, not meaning DR2 is a bad game, but just to make the game better 🙂
But I am more than hopefull in DiRT Rally 3 (much more than after D4), or whatever the name will be, especially with the likes of PJ, Jon and all the other talented people working on it, but also with having seperated teams now working on DiRT Arcady/Funny and Dirt Rally 🙂.
I wish you all a good holidays and a fruitful 2021 (with DR3 also being announced and/or released ofcourse 😛)