Jump to content Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

16 New Car Smell

Gaming Setup

  • Platforms
  • Peripherals
    Steering Wheel

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. @PJTierney I guess it's a complete coincidence that you resolved this long-standing bug within weeks of the DirtFix research, which detailed the underlying cause. I mean, otherwise you might have had to credit the author in some way.
  2. @dougietodd: have you tried DirtFix? It should give the same benefits without having to unplug anything. It's not a Codemasters utility (I wrote it), but search around for comments from other users if you're unsure.
  3. Yes, switching off my wheel clears the performance spikes. If I switch it back on I see a flurry of activity at the time I hear the device arrival notification, and the spikes return. I get the same behaviour switching my USB HOTAS on and off too. That's to be expected as the IDirectInput8::EnumDevices call the game makes passes DI8DEVCLASS_GAMECTRL, which is asking only for game controller devices. The DR2 performance graph posted in the previous thread looks suspiciously similar to what I'm seeing in DR1, so I suspect it's the same problem. I might have to pick up the new game early t
  4. I have the 2 second stutter issue in the original Dirt Rally, which I've tracked down to it polling for new input devices. I suspect it could be the same in Dirt Rally 2.0, which I don't yet own, but I've been keeping a close eye on for VR. I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1903 with a Valve Index HMD and the current SteamVR beta. I captured a CPU snapshot of the spikes seen in the SteamVR Frame Timing window. That showed the activity was a call to DINPUT8!EnumDevices, which came from drt.exe via the Steam overlay hooks in GameOverlayRenderer.dll. Back in drt.exe it was sleeping for 2000ms and
  • Create New...