Jump to content Jump to content

FrankThe599th

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FrankThe599th

  1. I think, some don't understand right. Before middle of the week the servers from codemasters accepted also the old protocols. Then they decided, not to accept them. In the client Windows 7 system nothing changed, there was no update. The error is, that the game uses the settings of Windows, which protocol it uses, in Windows 7 that is the old protocol. So for Windows 7 the multiplayer didn't work anymore. The right way would have been, first to do an update of the game, that it uses the new protocol and not the one, which is set as default in registry. Steam Client also uses the new,
  2. Did you execute the file before, that the registry entries are created? You can look in registry (execute regedit), if the values are there (also written on this Microsoft page). And at the microsoft page there is written, one special Microsoft update must be installed (included in Service Pack 1).
  3. Ok, I found a solution for Windows 7. The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore. There is a fix from Microsoft to set the default secure protocol: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi In section "Easy fix" there is a file to download, which inserts two registry entries. After restart my F1 game used the new secure protocol and all works now.
  4. Me also OS: Windows 7, Area: Germany, Thuringia My game always uses the 94.75.196.16 for the connection, is it the right one (Server in Amsterdam, Lease Web)? Saw in one telegram the host address "f1s.codemasters.com" and my DNS translates this to 94.75.196.16. I want to exclude, that it is a DNS problem and connections go to a wrong server. Connections always looked equal: Client did a request with protocol TLSv1, got the answer "Error Protocol version" from server. Then client tried a new connection with protocol SSLv3, got answer "Error Handshake Failure" from server. Which is the
  5. Not sure. It seems to me to indicate the client is waiting for data from the server (host) and timing out. So that really doesn't shed much new light other than why SSLv3 is being used instead of TLSv1 (but that looks like some kind of fallback procedure from the TLSv1 failure).  Problem now still exists since 4 days without repairing itself. I posted this Wireshark report only to prove, that it is not a problem of the users. You can see, that the client (192.168.x.x) starts a TCP connection (SYN), the server answers (SYN, ACK) and the clients confirms (ACK). That's the usual 3
  6. I also have this problem since 2 days. And I also tried to restart all, reinstall all, switch off firewall and all these typical things, without success. But perhaps I have some information for Codemasters, which can help to find this bug. I had a look in Wireshark, what happens, when the game tries to get a connection to a multiplayer game: It always end up with an errors from server, then server closes connection: - Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Protocol Version) - Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Handshake Failure) In appendix a screenshot of Wireshark, ca
×
×
  • Create New...