Jump to content Jump to content

Monzie83

Members
  • Content Count

    289
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Monzie83

  1. Very welcome mate. TBH, the main reason why I got the TV was for the input lag. My old one was about 7 years old and the input lag on it was horrible. Having said that, the higher frame-rate may become essential for future games.
  2. Does this mean there is no hope of it being enabled?
  3. So got my TV and gave performance mode a go on the PS5 version - the Samsung TV I got shows the FPS of the content on screen and confirmed it’s working at 120fps. TBH, on track, I can’t really tell the difference between performance mode or the quality mode (60fps) and the PS4 version (also running at 60fps). So will stick with the PS4 version as voice support is enabled on it. Although having said that, I did like the Helmet audio mix. The low input lag on the TV makes the most difference.
  4. Hi @BarryBL is this something that is on the radar to resolve? Have seen a few more posts about this recently.
  5. Hi @BarryBL, not sure if this is still on your radar. I have recently got a PS5 so the issue is closed for me - not sure if anyone else still else still has the issue.
  6. Also dark colours are very difficult to see on the track map. Some kind of outline in a contrast colour would also help (maybe the team’s second colour?) - this may help with the above. This has been suggested a few times already - please implement CM!
  7. For completeness, this is correct. If I run a practice program and achieve the “turn on DRS in all zones” objective, if that objective appears in other practice programs, it will show as green, on track, in that program. It will not show as complete in the garage.
  8. Good to know. Does this apply to the PS4 version or the game or the PS5 version? Are there setting for this in the game? I’ve deleted the PS5 version for the moment until I get my new TV (hopefully next week), so will download then.
  9. It won’t be a direct comparison because current tv is 1080 60hz, new tv will be 4K 120hz 😎. Will let you know though. Might be some way away still - have seen the tv I want with good input lag and hardly any motion blur, but it’s too expensive for me at the moment…
  10. A detailed description of the issue. Just completed Canada in MyTeam. Won the race, got fastest lap and teammate came 2nd, but none of my sponsors paid out. Sponsors are Aii (score 20 constructors pts during a race weekend), xero (score 5 constructors pts during a race weekend) and niegsa ottoman (score 15 constructors pts during a race weekend). So clearly all criteria was met. It’s happens about 50% of the time. Report Code jsmx-dpxj-rsdv-xrkv Platform? PS5. Game is PS4 version Game-mode? MyTeam What troubleshooting have you tried? None. Sometimes it works when I’ve
  11. @ScaredDuck, I remember a while ago you mentioned on another post where you went to change these settings - Specifically what you changed. Could you provide a link to that post?
  12. I echo the comments above. I turned off racing line in one go rather than go for corners only. Agree with @KNT2011 - keep it on and notice what’s around and as soon as you have your braking/ turning points down, my advice would be to turn it off and keep it off. Smash through loads of laps on TT. What I realised was I still had to put in the time to “re-learn” the tracks a bit - because even though I wasn’t looking at the racing line, I was still using it to some degree through my peripheral vision. I actually went though this process on 2020, so don’t have to re-learn old tracks although ther
  13. Yep that’s right. The PS5 version is like a new game so nothing transfers over. If you are using the cloud to store your save games, you can go into the game options in the PS5 Home Screen and download the save game for the PS4 version. There was nothing there when I did the same for the PS5 version.
  14. Cheers Nuv, I’ve downloaded both versions and have just given the PS4 version a go. Everything on the wheel works and the game runs nicely as expected. Downloaded my save game so it was nice and easy. I will give the PS5 version a go later. I think the voice commands are a big deal breaker for me on the PS5 version, it’s confusing why it’s not supported - hopefully they can figure it out soon. When I get my new tv, I’m sure I’ll benefit from lower input lag and 4K 120hz - I’m not too fussed about graphics, but let’s see when I experiment with the PS5 version once I have the tv. Will note down
  15. I had a PS4 slim where buildings and trees didn’t pop up on 2021, but you could see finer details like on-track shadows being rendered as you went along. I’m now on a PS4 pro, and like you have not seen that happening. I expect this won’t be an issue on either PS4 or PS5 version when run on the PS5. 👍🏽 - Wasn’t aware of this, and something I will factor in. 👍🏽 - Didn’t know you could have both, will give it a shot. TBH, it sounds like the PS4 version has less issues, and voice commands are a big thing for me, as well as my current save game not transferring over; if the upside
  16. By “pop ups”, do you mean the environmental detail of the track is less on the PS5 version than on the PS4 version?
  17. Hi all, Looking for some advice from those who are playing F1 2021 on PS5. I’m currently playing this on PS4. I understand that you can play the game on the PS5 in two versions; PS5 and PS4. My question is what differences are there between the two versions on the PS5 platform. I remember reading somewhere that voice commands don’t work on the PS5 version, but do in the PS4 version, for example. Are there any other things like this I should be aware of? I imagine there are other benefits (like graphics) of having the PS5 version - is anyone able to provide a rough breakdown of f
  18. Good suggestion and it would be great if it could span sessions. For example I have my dry race setup, which I tweak the bits I can in parc ferme for a wet qualy but want to change back for a dry race (I’m thinking of tyre pressures and diff in particular). Currently I have to take a picture on my phone so I can revert it back.
  19. I’m not sure which game mode you’re referring to there, but engine components can fail in Career modes - it has happened to me (energy store and MGUK) in one of my “MyTeam” seasons. There is a setting somewhere which controls types of failures and frequency of those failures. I agree with the general thrust of the post though, for example they removed the results screens from the practice programs which has been a major drawback for me.
  20. Cheers mate. I’ve always struggled with COTA for some reason. It’s odd because it’s quite a flowing track and similar to Silverstone in that respect, and I do really well there, but suck here. Thinking about it, I used to play a lot of multiplayer in 2020 and it hardly got picked, so maybe I’m just unfamiliar with it. Btw the AI seem to be still quite fast through the S section here after 1.10, but I can’t tell if it’s the patch or my greatly upgraded car. I read somewhere today they reset the TT leaderboards so imagine something has changed in the way the cars behave - must apply to AI also.
  21. Worked out extremely well. Just about made it into Q3 on the mediums (P8 I think). Eventually qualified in 2nd and started 12th with the grid penalty. Made up 3 places in the first stint, with everyone else on softs. Went in on Lap 6, came out dead last, but managed to get up a few places consecutively as I got in the DRS zones behind cars at the right time. Everyone else goes in around lap 8/9 and I smash it because I’m in clear air. I pass about 15 cars in the pit window over those two laps, eventually behind Hamilton, and Leclerc coming out of the pits and Russell who is yet to pit. Overtak
  22. Am playing tonight and will let you know 🤞🏽
  23. Thank you - I thought this would be the case. Normally I’d do the same (when I was finishing in the middle somewhere as I was in Season 1), but am in a title fight this year and need every point I can get - USA is not one of my “good tracks” and I’m only playing 25% races so little chance I can get the points needed. Most of my power unit components (1 of each left), are in fairly good shape to take me through the final few races I think, but will be worn - I estimate around 65-75% by the last race. But am now wondering if I should take another power unit element that is potential
  24. Am currently towards the back end of season 2, and can imagine I will be doing the same tbh. In S1, I focussed on resource point and money generation (facilitated by acclaim for sponsor slots), as much as I could; got the first level for attributes for all my facilities, as well as maxed out driver perks. In S2, things really kicked up a gear and I went from 6th fastest car to first in the 17 races so far. I might reduce the rate resource points etc are dished out next time start a MyTeam game (or adjust in my current save), but really I’m using this an entertaining proving grou
  25. So I’m about to go into Q2 for the US Grand Prix, and have a interesting scenario I need some advice on. My current (and only functioning) energy storage unit (had one fail on me earlier in the season), is now 75% worn. Going into Q1, I take a new energy storage unit and incur a 10 place grid penalty for the race - fine. I qualified P1 in Q1 (so my pace is good) and given I will have the 10 place grid penalty, want to start on the mediums to run longer into the race. Should I run Q2 with mediums or softs? Whatever position I finish in Qualy, my starting grid position will be out
×
×
  • Create New...