Jump to content Jump to content

Purple44

Members
  • Content Count

    125
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Purple44

  1. I see Project Cars can be pre-order now and going get release in November. I did a Google search and it look like text chat is in for Pcars. :)

    http://forum.wmdportal.com/archive/index.php/t-15227.html

    [b]A text chat profanity filter has been added to the in-game multiplayer chat[/b]


    I'm wondering if I should just pass on GRID Autosport and save my money for Pcars? GRID Autosport may be the only PC racing game release this year without text chat for online.



  2. Not looking good for text chat being patch into GAS:  >:(

    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3214/holiday-two-weeks-afk-couple-of-updates#latest


    Loore said:
    Purple44 said:

    Enjoy your holiday Loore, but before you go, can you give us a yes or no answer if text chat will be in the next patch?

    At this time, no. I'm hoping it will make it into a future patch but it's unlikely at this time, sorry.




    This is second patch for GAS, if Codies not taking the time to add text chat now, doubt it will happen. We might see a 3rd PC patch some day, then I think that will be it for patches. Codemasters will move on to working on DIRT 4.



  3. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3090/repair-costs-playlist-changes-update/p2


    Loore said:

    Hi all,

    Just a quick update on this. It was unfortunate that the fix for repair costs and playlist changes didn't quite make it into the last patch, this was because all the fixes were complete after all the changes had been 'checked in' (the point of no return basically).

    Work has already started on the next set of patches and I can confirm that fixes for the repair costs as well as changes to the playlists are currently scheduled to go in.

    We'll bring you more news as the patch develops, along with a release date once everything is locked in place.



    Hi Loore, any chance of Codemasters confirming text chat will finally be patch into a GRID Autosport?

    Also, should I assume if text chat won't make it in next patch, then text chat will never make it into GRID Autosport?

    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/13436/#Comment_13436

    Loore said:
    One thing we don't do is deliberately set out to not put a feature in that we know you want, in fact, it's quite the opposite. In terms of features we're always pushing to get things in but sometimes the alignment just isn't there.

    Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

    I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.




    Its Friday, still no word from Loore if text chat is in in the next patch. :(

  4. I kinda think less than 5 maybe like 3 would suffice. If u get kicked into the kitty litter by someone , without them u gotta pause then reset car then dead last if u had little less flashbacks at least you would be able to stay in the race . so its either stay in the race (flashbacks) or out of race ( no flashbacks ). Just my 2 cents.

    There 5 flashbacks online in GRID Autosport, just like GRID 2?

    I thought Loore posted that Codemasters was thinking about using 3 and we posted maybe 1 would be OK.

    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/570/flashbacks-again/p3

    Loore said:
    Still no further comment from CM........... 8-}
    As it stands flashbacks are on in playlists, although I do believe they've lowered the amount down slightly which should add an element of "should I use it" about them.

    ................

    That said, this is something we'll be monitoring once the game goes live and we will act should the need be there. This is something we're keeping a close eye and once the game launches we'll have a vast amount of data to analyse, along with first hand feedback from everyone

    Britpoint said:
    Remember that Flashbacks are not the only thing that determines how a race will play out online. GRID 2 had a very different handling model, different reactions to collisions, split routes on the city circuits, a more severe off-track penalty system. All of these things and more made GRID 2's online what it was - things that are different in Autosport. You may well find that because of the changes between the games, the inclusion of flashbacks doesn't have the same detrimental effect that you found in GRID 2.

    And as ever, once the game is out and people are actually playing with the new system, the designers will be keeping an eye on things and listening to the feedback, and they'll go from there.

    Purple44 said:
    GRID 2 had 5 flashbacks to use, people been guessing this will get lowered to 3 in GRID A. That be enough for greifers to still cause plenty of trouble, then if their car get fix, they still have a fresh car to go on and cause some more trouble until griefer wrecks his car.

    And if griefer using a loaner car, would griefer even worry about wrecking the car? Will GRID A charge you $$ for the damage to a loaner car?

    Here a compromise, 1 flashback for the ones that feel the need to use it and flashback should not gain you position on the track. Should cost you a few seconds, so there some kind of penalty for taking turn to fast or braking to late.

    In a custom host, let host decide how many flashbacks can be use, 0-5.


  5. Releasing a beta would help find these problems that are tough for QA to find.

    Also having a set release date a game got to get release by, make it tougher to give QA more time to find and fix problems with a game and to add important online features like text chat.

    Good thing the The Crew got delayed 5 months and there will be a second beta test for PC this month and next month the console get a go at a beta.

    Bugbear Next Car Game ( working title ) does not have a set release date. Between alpha and beta testing, most the bugs will be work out when final version get release next year.



  6. It will never make it I am afftaid Purp no matter what is said in the past or promises made in the future.

    I don't recall them ever promising to add text chat. Some people just read what they want to read...

    Text Chat is a must have feature in a PC racing games. It should never been left out of GRID 2 and us PC players were shock that text chat was not in GRID Autosport. If you want PC online to have longevity ( like a GRID 1 and Flatout 2 had ), text chat one the key ingredients. The online community need to be able to talk and BS online to get to know each other. When most PC players mute VOIP, then online become a quiet place. :(


    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/13436/#Comment_13436

    Loore said:
    One thing we don't do is deliberately set out to not put a feature in that we know you want, in fact, it's quite the opposite. In terms of features we're always pushing to get things in but sometimes the alignment just isn't there.

    Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

    I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.

  7. Loore said:

    Hi all,

    Just a quick update on this. It was unfortunate that the fix for repair costs and playlist changes didn't quite make it into the last patch, this was because all the fixes were complete after all the changes had been 'checked in' (the point of no return basically).

    Work has already started on the next set of patches and I can confirm that fixes for the repair costs as well as changes to the playlists are currently scheduled to go in.

    We'll bring you more news as the patch develops, along with a release date once everything is locked in place.



    Hi Loore, any chance of Codemasters confirming text chat will finally be patch into a GRID Autosport?

    Also, should I assume if text chat won't make it in next patch, then text chat will never make it into GRID Autosport?

    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/13436/#Comment_13436

    Loore said:
    One thing we don't do is deliberately set out to not put a feature in that we know you want, in fact, it's quite the opposite. In terms of features we're always pushing to get things in but sometimes the alignment just isn't there.

    Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

    I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.



  8. Loore said:

    Pinch with salt please, not everything is 100% correct :)

    Hope Codemasters does not make the big mistake they made with GRID 2 and sell the new tracks as a single track dlc and divide the online commununity so they could not enjoy these tracks online. New tracks need to be in just 1 track DLC.

    http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1302.0.html

    [quote=Purple44]
    Here a great pic by Flumper to show how DLCs can't screw things up online for players that want to race DLCs online ( GRID 2 ):

    Downloadable content required

    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/664/oqvu.jpg

    All the players in pic have the SPA track DLC, but can any of these players race the SPA track together?


    Bugbear take note if decide to take the DLC route instead of using an expansion pack.
    [/quote]



  9. Everyone needs to stop moaning. This is by far the most enjoyable racing game I have ever played.
    The simcade balance is spot on, handling is great. The car choice is good and everyone is pretty even on track. No car is OP in any class. As for garage space and repairs and money and leveling up goes I think that is almost spot on. I like that it takes time to earn the right to buy new cars. It can get frustrating sometimes but how quick was it on G2 to reach level 30 and own everything and have 20mil spare. The game is still new give yourself some time and have patience. The only issue is the game saves, but that will be patched soon. Then we get a patch for more interesting playlist options- even better still. 
    GET OVER YOURSELVES


    I disagree, missing text chat on PC version for the second time ( no text chat in GRID 2 ) is a big issue for online racing!! Will PC version of GAS online be a ghost town by Christmas, like what happen with GRID 2? Codies got the online right with GRID 1 and online was strong for 3 years before the online PC servers got turned off. :(

    Took me a month in G2 online to reach lvl 28 so I could finally buy a tier 4 car and quit using that crappy tier 4 loaner car. GGRRRRRRRR


  10. The guys I derby race with, told me Sunday they not happy with GRID Autosport derby racing. So They started up GRID 2 and I join them with my purple Jupiter. It to bad Codmasters will not fix the Detroit short track so laps will always count, after Codies mess up the lap count after the last patch that fix the cheating of checkpoints on the Detroit long track!

    http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout2/purple44/GRID%202/Jupiter-purple-rim.jpg


    Still waiting for text chat, will it be in a patch soon?

  11. I also got one the funniest message from a guy telling me that I "followed him too close" and caused him to wreck. Of course there was the usual expletives to go along with the message. I rwad the message out loud in the lobby & people started laughing so he left! Then he sent me another message saying that I should not have read that msg aloud & of course more expletives.


    LOL

    That what I like with the racing in GRID 1 PC, could I handle the pressure in touring car of having a good player on my bumper, just waiting for me to take a corner wide in a 5 lapper! :)  I did fail test many times :p

    One of my main rules for touring car racing ( not talking derby racing here ), if  I can't pass you cleanly then I should not go for the pass. You race a good line for 5 laps and don't give me good opportunity to pass, I will be happy to take second position behind you.


    Maybe I pickup GRID Autosport on sale next month. Still waiting for text chat. But will PC online still be going strong without text chat next month? Will need to get some practice in on the tracks before I give online a go. Lucky for me, I know some good PC players I can join up with for some good close online racing.






  12. Bigamo said:

     Hi, plz what exactly does the centering spring? i put it out. Am i missing something? 

    Centering spring should be the force the wheel uses to return to center. You probably want to turn that down if you have to use quick steering ie Rear Wheel Drive cars 
    It like when you let go of a wheel in a car, it will try and go back to center.

    I like this with my wheel, but don't want it to strong, cause then you may be fighting the center spring when turning the wheel. Come in useful when derby racing with GRID. ;)

    I get my 243 rotation from when I had a MOMO wheel. MOMO wheel would turn all the way to 8 o'clock position to the left and would turn all the way to 4 o'clock position to the right ( 240 degrees ). Using a side camera, you see car's wheels were fully turn left at 9 o'clock and car's wheels were fully turn right at 3 o'clock. With using 243 degrees with the 900 degree DFGT wheel, I know I only need to turn my wheel half way to get a full turn left or right.

    I know some players that like around 200 degree rotation, but I find that make my wheel to sensitive, making me over steer.
  13. There was no upgrades, no tuning in GRID 1 and online was strong for 3 years until the online servers were turned off.

    I think bringing career mode things to GRID multiplayer is a bad move by Codemasters. GRID online should just be a hop in the car and go race kind of racing game online.
  14. xAce28x said:
    I am very much looking forward to Star Citizen too, have you reserved your ship yet? I am really tempted by the Constellation, but it's a bit pricey! Might just go for the 300i, that looks awesome. I think the game will be spectacularly good tho. This could be the way great games are made in the future. Just look at Project Cars. That will be the next great racing game I am 99% certain. 


    What about Bugbear Next Car Game? Try it with a wheel and no assists. :)

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

    http://nextcargame.com/
  15. rypeL said:
    The new cars are not that much more expensive and since most of the used cars have days and days of tracktime behind them while still beeing ok this basically means that if you buy a new car you will never have to buy that car again it seems. Unless you spend like hundreds of hours in that one car (but if you do you should become an expert at this game anyway and typically as the game goes on you should accumulate a lot of cash. The racenet challenges can help a lot if you struggle with money). So i would just save up for new cars and then you can upgrade them at will without ever really having to worry about fearing to have to rebuy that car anytime soon.

    Might want to give this a thread a read So online huh..., upgraded car can get to expensive to repair online.
  16. Oscar97 said:

    Purple44 said:
    You can only do it in online. Go to the "my vehicles" section. Pick a car that you own and select "liveries". The you hit the square button (ps3) to open up the livery options tab. Then pick any of the 3 empty livery slots to edit a livery.

    What, I can not make custom livery for offline? Career mode or single player races?  :-O
    You can't make custom liveries for the career mode obviously. But I think a livery editor for custom cups should be added. And a team name editor too, it doesn't always look nice to have your team called "[Your surname] Racing". :P
    I was able to in GRID 1 career mode when I had my own team.


  17. Goonertez said:
    Purple44 said:
    Goonertez said:
    Purp...what we have been doing in the online/open servers, is using the loaner cars, but disabling tuning and upgrades.

    This makes for an almost even playing field.

    infact i think the only differences made will be in the % health of the car you are driving and its mileage.
    Assuming the mileage factor wont be negated in disabling of upgrades/tuning.

    anyway thats how ive seen it and its fun and seems to work

    Good to hear there an easy way to get all players to race cars with the same setup. :)

    The GAS playlists may die an early death, but I know where I can get a good race with some good players online. Now if I could get text chat, I would come join the old "gang" online. Or I'm going have to wait a month or 2 to find a good sale on GRID Autosport if there no text chat get patch in.
    Playlists ugh...i cant understand why anybody [apart from the very casual gamer] would even want to do playlists.

    custom cup all the way!

    One reason is to get a full lobby, 10-12 players. Who wants to just race with just 3-4 players in a custom host?
  18. Goonertez said:
    Purp...what we have been doing in the online/open servers, is using the loaner cars, but disabling tuning and upgrades.

    This makes for an almost even playing field.

    infact i think the only differences made will be in the % health of the car you are driving and its mileage.
    Assuming the mileage factor wont be negated in disabling of upgrades/tuning.

    anyway thats how ive seen it and its fun and seems to work

    Good to hear there an easy way to get all players to race cars with the same setup. :)

    The GAS playlists may die an early death, but I know where I can get a good race with some good players online. Now if I could get text chat, I would come join the old "gang" online. Or I'm going have to wait a month or 2 to find a good sale on GRID Autosport if there no text chat get patch in.
  19. @Purple44‌ Not exactly. The loan cars operate at about 80% percent effiency, give or take, so it's worthwhile buying and upgrading your own set of wheels, it's just after a point the car just gets too expensive to maintain, and so must be sold. I think it's an interesting mechanic, allowing for people with good car garage management skills to get an edge on other players, it will also allow new comers acces to a fair playing feild when it comes to hours spent in a certain car as car XP, is both a blessing and a curse. Cheers
    Some may enjoy a "Career mode" online, but for me, I think "Career mode" should stay offline. Give me a racing game where you just hop in the car and go race and let your skill win the race, not because you happen to have a better car than the other online players. Like we use to do in v1.3 GRID 1 and Flatout 2.

    Give me random car, random track mode online. :)

    Also bringing "Career mode" online brings issues that could bring a fragile online to an early death. It does not take much to kill online in a racing game. I have see it happen every year since Codemasters pretty much got online right back in 2008 with GRID 1. One the few PC racing games to have true longevity online for years.

    Also how you going have bumper to bumper racing online, like we had with the Lacetti, if some players have loaner cars, some players have half way upgraded touring car and some players have a max out tuned up touring car in the race?

    And then this player that has a max out tuned up touring car and has gotten to know how to race this car on the edge ( like we did with the Lacetti ), has to turn around in 2-3 weeks later ( if does a lot of online racing ) and need to sell what was a prefect racing car, but is worn out now and has to start all over again getting a new stock touring car ( atom, Mazda 787B, mini ) back to perfection ( leveling car back up to 50 ).

    How does this recipe make for great online bumper to bumper racing like we had with GRID 1 and the Lacetti?
  20. Hmmm, there might be a silver lining to all this. If the cars are going to be to expensive to keep, then we can all just race loaner cars ( stock  cars ) and have a fair race like we use to have in GRID 1 after the PC v1.3 patch. :)

    Boycott buying new cars and just stick with loaner cars.
×
×
  • Create New...