Jump to content

bn880

Members
  • Content Count

    621
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by bn880


  1. Well not true, actually for live display/dash there is a tool for this already and it is called SimHUB, however it does not allow you to overlay in full screen mode and that's the only difference. You need to either have it on a side monitor or have your game in windowed (possibly borderless if you go that far) mode.

    You can see some of it here, you can just edit the dash panel to your desire: 

    Anyway, that's certainly an improvement if you can overlay in full screen, but also the real deal for setups is in reviewing data logs after a run, which is something I need to release which fully supports MoTeC exporting.  (nearly done, just plugging in some DR 2.0 tracks/vehicles as I go)


  2. I believe we only get 8 setup slots per car per surface type (gravel/tarmac/snow). Which is actually grossly insufficient.  One should be able to save at least 2-3 setups per car, per venue. (wet, dry, WIP)

    It just makes it difficult to keep track of changes/setups as you would do in reality and would like to do in the game/sim.

    So how about just letting us save a very large number of setups, is there some reason why this is restricted, it's pretty much free in the code isn't it?

     

    Thanks.

    • Like 1
    • Agree 7

  3. 1 hour ago, Porkhammer said:

    Not just me. I can think of quite a few drivers that had their times quarantined for a daily stage that I had to email Darren about. He always reinstated them for us.

    I miss that man.

    Hehe, It seems like this is probably the best system, as long as there is a process people understand and can follow.  (at least until AI is crazy good to judge such things)


  4. ^ What I find really astonishing is that CM has some decent rally drivers testing their stages and cars.  So why not put in a hard limit on stage times that are obviously out of physical possibilities and send anything under that up for a rare human review?  Like you know, nobody can do a certain stage 1 or 2 minutes faster than a really good run by an experienced professional.  At least this would cut out half the BS times.

    • Agree 3
    • Disagree 1

  5. 13 minutes ago, MTOJay said:

    so they really did that....

    for the love of god allow people to drive a single player career in offline mode. who makes such decisions and thinks they are good? i dont get it. there have to be meetings and multiple people sitting in a room talking about it. and in the end they come to the conclusion that it is the right idea. 

    😭

    IKR!   Usually (not always) this is a top down driven meeting, so someone at CEO/CTO level will be making this call.  Just FYI. (I've been in such meetings at another company where 70% of the participants can be baffled but see the short term financial aim, the other 30% are yes men[or women] hired to agree).


  6. Having to be connected to the internet at all times and using the game UI like a web page waiting for the server is really not acceptable at all times.  I understand if there is an ONLINE campaign and OFFLINE campaign mode though or something if absolutely necessary.  Thanks for listening to your users Codies.

×