[A short paragraph on what the game is]
The gamemode is a part of a Codemasters Rally/ Rallycross game.
I have worked it our for the rally part, but u can do the same for the rallycross part!
In the game mode you get the opportunity to manage / create / drive your own rally team.
You start your online and offline career with a small low budget rallycar.
The player can chose through upgrades on the car what class/division he will drive.
Small example, If u start with a Peugeot 205 u can chose to follow the building rules from the Peugeot 205 cup to compete with the cup ( some parts are required on the car), or buy specific group A parts what means that u will drive in the Group A class (I will explain the classes later)
In other words, the player get his own freedom to stay and go where he wants.
By gaining money from sponsors (achieving sponsor goals) , trading rally parts and winning rallies, cups and championships (online and offline) the player can upgrade his rallycar and team.
The idea is to create a big online in game competition. Where people can compete each other.
You can split the big competition in a few categories:
- Some different brand cups/challenge
- National championship
- European Championship
(Fase1 the start) In my opinion the game should start with the Great Britain National Championship with 10 big rallies. In that case Codemasters can start focusing at one “competition”
(Fase2 upgrade) Later Codemasters can add 11 other National championships ( with each championship having around 10 rallies). Where people can commit to for example a Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Bulgaria Poland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Romania , Sweden, Finland cup or National Championship. Each country got his own speciality
(Fase3 goal) The ultimate goal is to create from the 12 national championships, 1 big European Championship with a rally from each country.
In this competition only the best players will drive. With the best cars.
In other words u need to get to the top and win the European championship.
Why should we make this?:
- Longer game/career mode experience = retain gamers longer at a Codemasters game
- Gamers create a personal “character/ team” that they admire
(What means people will easier invest small amount of money in it = more sales volume)
- A new game mode what could put the options “offline and online” together
- Difference from other rally/ racing games what makes it unique in its experience
- A game/ gamemode where Codemasters can build on!
[This section would contain the following headers - What we need here is 3 or 4 bulletpoints for each header]
- Feature cars from Group N, Group A, S1600, S2000 classes, Rally5(R1), Rally4(R2), Rally3, Rally2(R5) and Rally1(WRC)
- It will be possible to upgrade some cars through the classes
- The player can choose what class he will drive by up- or degrading the car specs
- Rare cars from the WRC, Group B could also be made available
- Engine parts and gearbox, ( for example to upgrade your engine)
- Body parts ( front/ rear bumpers , doors, brakes, wheels )
- Tires ( gravel, tarmac, snow in the compound soft, medium, hard)
- It’s possible to upgrade your car with it, or trade the item with other players
- Feature different Mechanics from amateur to professional.
- The better the mechanic the faster he solves a problem or repaired stuff.
- The player start with a regular mechanic team and can upgrade them
- Mechanics are needed to service in rallies and upgrade your rally car
- Will arrange sponsor contracts for you
- Keeps you up-to-date about the weather forecast in rallies
- Gives you advice about what setup better is for each rally
- Different co-drivers from amateur to professional
- Sponsors will give you money and XP to grow in the game
- The bigger the sponsor the more requirements needed to complete
- Beginning at a small car (low budget cars)
- Novice ( medium cup) small group A rally cars
- National Group N and Group A rallycars
- WRC/ best cars
- The XP works in a different kind of way. It’s the amount of money u gained to let the gamer choose if he wants to go to another level ( new cup / new car).
- By money and XP the player is able to buy new upgrades / spare parts so he can take more risks in the rally ( for the win) against other players online.
- Will be earned by winning rallies, Cup and National championships ,achieving sponsor goals
[This section needs to explain the Core Mechanics of the game, first we need to refine a little what these are and how they work I've added some suggestions below as a starting point.]
In Game Credits [How do we earn them? What can we spend them on?]
- You earn your credits ( money and reputation) by signing deals with sponsors and winning/ achieving your goals in rallies. You can chose to spend the money on :
• Your rally team ( Mechanics Team managers)
• A Rally car
• Upgrades for your Rallycar
• Spare parts for your rallycar
• Package with random parts/upgrade/cars/Team equipment etc.
The reputation can be earned by:
• Winning a National cup:
Example after you compete in a cup ( against other drivers online) and u won the cup/ challenge over 7 different rallies ( Peugeot 208 cup in France for example) then u will be able to compete in some big events in a professional car, the car isn’t yours but this will give the gamer a change to get better sponsors/ reputation to get easier a better car or more money.
Gold [Think of this as a premium currency like in mobile games that you need to purchase - What can we buy with these? What benifits does it have]
- People can buy some small gold package with the change of parts/upgrade/cars/Team equipment from the best, it’s much cheaper than buying it apart, but u need luck for it.
- People can buy Double XP cards from it
- People can buy special parts / rallycars for it.
Trading [How does this work? What can players trade? Why should somebody use it?]
- Since every player makes their own decisions what car/ in what class he/she will drive
[This is a short list of the things you like the game to have if time and money allow it - as a loose rule these strecth goals may not all happen so don't put anything in this section you would really like to keep and again keep it short and simple with a header and a few bullet points.]
- Dynamic Weather system option ( what will make the rally stages more unpredictable = more challenge + tactic)
- Dynamic rally/ rallycross stages. ( for example if u start as number 1 one the stage the stage is clean, if u start as number 28 then u should see all the racing lines, slippery corners if they are cut. And for example crashed/ destroyed objects
- Livery create option to create your own rallycar design
- An option to buy official liveries from for WRC teams or top drivers.
- An option to test/ set-up your rallycar under different conditions
- An option to build your own rallycar in the open division, with less restricted rules.
- An option to write your own pacenote system and use that in game
- And option to adjust the original pacenotes