Sign in to follow this  

Star Wars Episode 7 SPOILER Thread

Soooooo, can we do this?

EDIT by MBKF1: Yes!

WARNING: It should be quite clear from the thread title, but there are going to be spoilers in this thread so if you haven't seen the film yet and don't want anything spoiled, then please don't read on.

Yeah I don't see why not, you've made it pretty clear in the title there's gonna be spoilers. I'll edit your opening post just to warn people not to read on if they haven't seen the film yet, and I'll add in the movie poster to take up some space, in case people can see more than these first two posts.

MBKF1 said:
Yeah I don't see why not, you've made it pretty clear in the title there's gonna be spoilers. I'll edit your opening post just to warn people not to read on if they haven't seen the film yet.
Good job :) Now if anybody comes in and moans about spoilers it's pretty damn clear not only in the thread title but first comment too :)

So the first thing I wanna bring up is Kylo Ren.

For the first half of the film he was fairly mysterious, and his badass credentials started building pretty quickly, he was for the first half of the film getting to be nearly as intimidating as Darth Vader. 

Then he took off his mask/helmet. 

From that point onwards I couldn't help but think of him as a petulant teenager who was going through the goth phase/hating his parents phase of puberty lol. What do you guys think of him?

It's good.                                                                                                   

I wrote a good 500 words, however I decided that I wasn't going to post it because I wasn't happy with how it was written. Nonetheless, my feelings of this film are as followed.

-Slightly disappointed, in well, everything and everyone. 
-Kylo Ren was an awesome character until he took off his helmet, he then became a failed attempt at humanizing a villain . 
-Ray is way too overpowered. She can somehow use jedi mind tricks, grab items with the force, and duel and DEFEAT Ren (a character who had recieved both jedi and dark side training) in the space of one movie without any training at all? Yeah. come on...
-We sat through 6 movies of watching the chosen one bring balance to the force, and yet that's all been undone. It kinda makes the whole prophecy of the chosen one bringing balance to the force...pointless... in the general scheme of things. 
-The bad guys just had a rip off of the Death Star, except it was a Death Planet. That and the rest of the obvious parallels made me thing that I was watching an updates version of  A New Hope.
-Finn is an awesome character, no complaints here.
-The CGI is fantastic. 

Overall i'd give it a 7. Not gonna lie, for all the hype that was behind the movie I was expecting a lot more.

Remember Ren was severely injured when he went into the fight with Rey. He took a direct hit to the body from Chewie's blaster that had been mowing down stormtroopers with ease. He was cocky too, thinking he could take down Finn with ease, and although he won he got hurt in the process. 

Personally I found Ren to be a good character. Him removing his helmet showed how cocky he was, that he could win without it. I'm glad they didn't kill him off too, should lead to more character growth.

Overall I had no major problems with it, my favourite film of the year.

I was disappointed with the film. The new characters are awesome, but the whole plot line essentially a rehash of Phantom Menace and A New Hope (the baddies have a big bad spaceship, the goodies run along a very specific bit of it and blow it up, a hero dies). It took me a while to get over it but Han's death was very well done. The only issue is that he's grieved for about 10 seconds in total. They were more concerned about him getting stuck in the carbonite!

fIsince08 said:
I was disappointed with the film. The new characters are awesome, but the whole plot line essentially a rehash of Phantom Menace and A New Hope (the baddies have a big bad spaceship, the goodies run along a very specific bit of it and blow it up, a hero dies). It took me a while to get over it but Han's death was very well done. The only issue is that he's grieved for about 10 seconds in total. They were more concerned about him getting stuck in the carbonite!
That's something that annoyed me too. It was like Leia and Rey had a little hug and that was it. No one else really seemed affected or saddened by it, maybe other than Chewie getting a bit angry.

Saw the movie today only thing i don't like is they killed off Han solo, i know Harrison ford wanted him to be killed off (he even wanted Lucas to kill him off at the end of ROTJ). But in the books Solo was still alive in Ep 8 and it seems a lot of fans are enraged over that over the internet so it looks like Abrams may be telling a bit of a different story? 

Giggyilly said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star-wars-episode-8/cast-plot-rumours-spoilers/

Let's start the Episode 6 Spoilers Thread! - already excited
The Telegraph doesn't like AdBlock it seems! And I refuse to turn it off :p 

Just to make sure I contribute though, TFA has a Blu Ray and DVD release date of April 5th, but all the UK sites say April 18th :(