Sign in to follow this  

Bought cars over loaned cars

Are the bought pre upgraded cars slower than loaned cars??

After earning a decent amount of in game cash I decided to buy a few cars. Having done a few races in them I'm finding that I'm alot slower. Most noticeable being in the chevy cruize, on the Algrave circuit I'm 3 seconds slower per lap!! 

As far as I know the loaner cars are stock at ~83% condition. If the purchased car you are driving is stock but you aren't repairing it, it's going to perform worse just because you aren't doing maintenance. Your car's power output, transmission efficiency, and handling is all reduced when you let your car get into poor condition. 

Repair your cars before every race and you should be doing slightly better than loaner cars even at stock.

I have been repairing the cars automatically at the start of each race.

Got most of my cars between lvl 10/20 and what I have noticed is that after unlocking the tuning upgrades and playing about the the settings I was either massively faster or slower. I've now found my preferred set up and very happy with the performance of the cars now. 

I've got a feeling that the tuning has been fully optimized on the loans cars. Otherwise, I have no idea why a bought pre tuned/upgrade car sucks badly compared to a loan car

Well, I bought the Chevy Cruze and was racing with it unaware that it needed repairing. A race started and the orange warning light appeared on the engine indicator. Cost me over 70,000 to repair the lot! Hadn't noticed my car getting worse before then, so maybe it was psychological that the next time I let the damage accumulate my lap times were so far behind the leaders, I couldn't understand where I was losing time. I noticed the cost of the repairs had gone up to the point that I was losing money each event if I wasn't in the top 3 each time. I thought this must have meant my car was getting old and needed replacing. I'd already added upgrades and according to another thread, if I sold my car and got a new one of the same model, I would still have all the upgrades. I tried that though and my new Cruze is now back to Level 1. My previous was on about 36! Guess I have to go back racing again tomorrow night! Luckily Grid is back to its best. In fact it's better. All racers I've faced have been respectful and tried to avoid crashes. Loving it!

ildavo said:
Well, I bought the Chevy Cruze and was racing with it unaware that it needed repairing. A race started and the orange warning light appeared on the engine indicator. Cost me over 70,000 to repair the lot! Hadn't noticed my car getting worse before then, so maybe it was psychological that the next time I let the damage accumulate my lap times were so far behind the leaders, I couldn't understand where I was losing time. I noticed the cost of the repairs had gone up to the point that I was losing money each event if I wasn't in the top 3 each time. I thought this must have meant my car was getting old and needed replacing. I'd already added upgrades and according to another thread, if I sold my car and got a new one of the same model, I would still have all the upgrades. I tried that though and my new Cruze is now back to Level 1. My previous was on about 36! Guess I have to go back racing again tomorrow night! Luckily Grid is back to its best. In fact it's better. All racers I've faced have been respectful and tried to avoid crashes. Loving it!
Why would your car ever need replacing if you keep it at 100% optimized and repaired?

I read in an earlier thread that the cost of repairs went up as the car got older. It was getting to the point where racing with it was losing me money and eventually only wins may be enough to make a profit! As someone also mentioned no upgrades would be lost and that I could just apply them to the new car, I thought I might as well try and replace it. Sadly, the new car started at level 1 with no upgrades available. Just a heads up to everyone else really!

Got most of my cars between lvl 10/20 and what I have noticed is that after unlocking the tuning upgrades and playing about the the settings I was either massively faster or slower. I've now found my preferred set up and very happy with the performance of the cars now. 

I've got a feeling that the tuning has been fully optimized on the loans cars. Otherwise, I have no idea why a bought pre tuned/upgrade car sucks badly compared to a loan car
How do you set it to repair automatically? Its really annoing to have to so all 3 seperate each time before every single race.

Also, mind to share your tuning setup? :O

Sorry, the repairing not done automatically. It's just something I do  as I have car from each section apart from the Merc within the touring discipline. Therefore, I know 99% I have to do like an instinct repair.

Tuning setup... my personally perference but varies being on what tuning unlock I have.

Brake Bias: between +75/+100 to the rear
Diff: Curcuit depending. More long straights its goes towards locked... more twisty ones it goes towards open
Downforce: Curcuit depending but my base point is +50 to high
Gear Ratios: Had mixed fortunes with this so I've left it at default
Suspension F/R: Both either -75/-100 to soft

And are you doing that on any car @Saorsa or is it different for each?

@sucr4m

Pretty much the same on each car. 

Don't mind oversteer but I hate having to deal with understeer and prefer having cars that have a pointy front end. The above set up helps me with that and also makes the cars very good in all corner types.  I'm losing out in the straights but thats where adjusting the diff helps.

sucr4m said:

How do you set it to repair automatically? Its really annoing to have to so all 3 seperate each time before every single race.

Also, mind to share your tuning setup? :O
Sorry, the repairing not done automatically. It's just something that I'm doing before each race without even having to think about it. As I own cars in each touring section apart from the Merc so I know 99% of the time I need to do an instinct repair.

Tuning setup... for me each cars slightly different based on what tuning level I'm at but I basically go for:

Brake Bias - rear either +75/+100
Differental - changes from race to race. big long straights I go towards locked and for very twisty ones i go towards open.
Downforce - Curcuit depending but my base starting point  is +50 high
Gear ratios - left at it default as was having mixed fortunes
Suspension F/R - both being set bewteen -75/-100 

I don't mind the repair system. I think it is a good feature but the cost of my cars is getting close to the break even point due to mileage. This is dumb. The reality is that the mileage doesn't matter and if we are repairing/replacing engines, suspension components, etc we shouldn't have to pay more as the car gets older. Id only say you should pay more when you upgrade the engine, as an engine with more performance would cost more to repair, making the people with higher level cars forced to pay a price to run them with full upgrades. Hoping they adjust this in an update so we don't have to sell or park our higher level cars. 

Here's what my solution will be once I have enough to buy my first used car. (Less than ten MP races so far) Loaner cars until I know the lobby is good and clear of bad drivers and if the opponents are beating me in the loaner. I get it's probably different for those who want to get points for their clubs, but using the loaner even when you own one can get you cash for repairs and minimize damage done to your owned vehicle. Just my two cents.

Im constantly losing money when doing global challenge, 

Why does 3 laps of no crashes, no contact with anything other than the road, and at the end my car is 81%.

3 laps = 19% 

So if I want to do a 25 lap race, will my car blow up on the 19/20th lap?

Its the same if you use you car to fight with a Brazilian. 

Racing clean is not rewarded with low bills.  But racing dirty in a loan car is?????????????????

Yeah, a.t.m it is ridiculous. I HAVE to find a session that's full and I HAVE to finish in the Top 3 in order to just not lose money.
My car has 500km on the clock, that's NOTHING! Every race I have to pay 15k just to repair that stupid thing, no matter if I crashed or raced clean. If I race with just 5 or 6 people I just know I'll lose money, no matter what.

So my car obviously gets old and worn out, after these endless 500kms (even a DTM engine lasts a whole season with at least 2000km running). And now I should get a new one? I wasn't even able to buy a better engine. And full tuning-setup seems to work only for cars, that no one wants to drive or can't afford to drive.

I mean, even if I wanted, how sould I be able to afford a new car? I HAVE NO MONEY! I did 5 races today and on two of them I might have made 4k profit together. The rest were about 15k dedacted in sum. If it wasn't for the big price money for Top 1% in the racenet challenge, I'd be broke by now.

Sure, if done right, it might add some good to the game, but at the moment it's just plain stupid. I don't want to buy a new car every now and then for no reason. This is a game, not reality! And I don't want to repair my car before every next race. Going to repairs, clicking 6 times for nothing. I don't even profit when not repairing, like lower degradation in the next race, so why even offer us this possibility, if I just HAVE to do that and it simply takes from the time I could use to setup the car for the track? It's annoying and nothing more!

I don't want to use loaners for some time just to get money again. I wanna drive MY car, MY livery, ALL THE TIME.

This doesn't even reward close or club racing, cause you know you've got tough competition that'll guarantee you losing money.
Lower the price money and get rid of this stupid 'feature'! It adds nothing good to the game.

Cars could lose overall performance over time, like 1% every 1-2000km and you could repair that for a load of cash. But even there... 1% costs 100k, 2% costs 190k, 3% 270k etc... so live a little longer with a not so perfect car and have a cash advantage over that.
If this is something thats strict linear there's no reason to wait. If there's no reason to wait, it shouldn't be something I, as a player, should have to worry about.

Be aware as well if you total the cars they will never truly be at 100% again. So the more times you write off the car the worse it will get. No matter how often you repair it the damage will still be there and the car will never actually be as good as new despite showing as 100%.

Buying a used car CAN save you money but as most are around the 80% mark the repairs are gonna kill most of the savings you made, on top of that, the above comment becomes doubly important. When you look at buying a used car check the history out for the number of "major crashes", too many crashes (no idea HOW many) and the cars already slower than a new one you drive clenly to the same level.

As for losing money, I'd highly recommend running the racenet events, do any event a few times and earn enough to get your own car. I bought the car in the event myself. 

Once you have a car from the event, run that event loads of times (preferably with a custom livery and sponsors added as you get extra cash for the objectives the sponsor sets), earn race cash plus xp for you AND level up the car you own, each completion of the event gets rewarded. 

Keep repairing the car every event as it appears damage is cumulative so, if you leave it for 4-5 races it will cost more than if you repair every time you use the car. E.G.  a repair from 99 -100% repair cost 97G's but from 97-100% cost nearly 400G's.

Upgrade your car (cash allowing) and keep running the event till you get either bored with it, score platinum or the car is @ lvl 50 and can be modded and tuned fully.

In 1 evening I got a car from lvl 1 to lvl 35, made 200k+ (including keeping the car healthy and fully upgraded), Plus I got into the top 1% due to all the practicing.

Then work on the next car in the events and do the same thing again.

THEN go race MP online in your spangly upgraded tuned monster of a motor, it'll be fast enough to beat any "loaner car" on the track and you'll only have to worry about ramming idiots (there's a few about in ANY game worst luck). 

Having said that the idiots will eventually rue their tactics as thier cars will just get slower and slooowwweeerrr as time goes on making them easy meat for all the Dudley do rights out there. Plus the repairs bill will be more than they win for races in the long run.