Sign in to follow this  

Cannot change some colours on my livery?

So I'm trying to create a livery for a car and am only given the option of 4 different colours to change, but 2 extra colours are appearing on my car no matter what livery I choose and I'm not given the option to get rid of these 2 extra colours or to even change the colour of these 2 extra pieces of livery. They seem to change by themselves when I choose what colour I want the first 4 colours. So is this a bug are am I stuck with some extra ugly colours that I can't change? Playing on ps3 by the way.

Have you set the paint style to 'flip' by any chance?

As @Oscar97 says, if you can post a pic that would be great :)

I think I should have specified that I'm talking about GRID Autosport btw.

I'm looking to just have the white,orange and blue on my car, but the colours light blue and lime green keep appearing no matter what livery I choose. In this case the colours are on the roof of the car. I have looked everywhere for this "flip" option you mentioned but cannot find it. In the colour options it shows secondary colour options like "secondary hue, secondary saturation" but these are greyed out and I cannot adjust them.

Once you've selected your patterns, can you go into the paint section and show what it displays there?

Okay here are the 4 colours I want to have. Base colour white, 3 pattern colours blue, orange and orange.

and here is the options I have selected

I have found the "flip" option you talked about in the "paint type" option. Choosing flip seems to open up the secondary options but adjusting them doesn't seem to change the 2 extra colours at all.

Okay after racing in the livery it is in fact an illusion thanks to the bright lighting above the car in the livery editor mode, it makes it look like the colours are a different hue. It looks fine when racing, though. All that fuss over nothing.

Okay after racing in the livery it is in fact an illusion thanks to the bright lighting above the car in the livery editor mode, it makes it look like the colours are a different hue. It looks fine when racing, though. All that fuss over nothing.
Huzzah! I'll pass this on to the team and let them know about the lighting :)

Edit: Could you post a screen of what the car looks like in game?

I've been trying to get a good pic of the livery in game but Im using a crappy camera so the livery just looks messed up in the pic just like the original that I posted. You'll just have to take my word for it that with the naked eye it looks fine in game i guess. Or test the livery and colour scheme out yourself. I have since changed liveries and the new livery is just an orange base colour with black stripe down the middle. This new one looked fine in livery editor as i created it and it looks fine in game. So it seems to be just with certain colour schemes and patterns that the livery looks off in the editor.

You can only do it in online. Go to the "my vehicles" section. Pick a car that you own and select "liveries". The you hit the square button (ps3) to open up the livery options tab. Then pick any of the 3 empty livery slots to edit a livery.

You can only do it in online. Go to the "my vehicles" section. Pick a car that you own and select "liveries". The you hit the square button (ps3) to open up the livery options tab. Then pick any of the 3 empty livery slots to edit a livery.
Nice! Thanks for the info! :)

What, I can not make custom livery for offline? Career mode or single player races?  :-O

Purple44 said:

What, I can not make custom livery for offline? Career mode or single player races?  :-O
You can't make custom liveries for the career mode obviously. But I think a livery editor for custom cups should be added. And a team name editor too, it doesn't always look nice to have your team called "[Your surname] Racing". :P

Oscar97 said:

Purple44 said:

You can't make custom liveries for the career mode obviously. But I think a livery editor for custom cups should be added. And a team name editor too, it doesn't always look nice to have your team called "[Your surname] Racing". :P
I was able to in GRID 1 career mode when I had my own team.

Purple44 said:
Oscar97 said:

Purple44 said:

I was able to in GRID 1 career mode when I had my own team.
This time you can't have your own team, that's why you can't make your own livery.