Sign in to follow this  

To clean racers.

Hey clean racers

I'm playing some more racing these day with Grid 2 and Autosport and I started to wonder about this subject lately.

How clean we must be in this autosport? 100% clean? Can we push a little and take risk and touch the other cars a little? Should we do like if we were in real and take no fatal risk?

IMO, no cheap shots. No too dangerous pass or insane pass. And aside this no worry if we hit the cars a little sometimes but not too much. For the offtrack, it can happens a little but not too much.

So what you think?

I say most of the race event in this game (depend on the car type) can accept contact with others ... or just take the AI in this game as an excellent example, they knock you whenever they have the chance or even come from behind with high speed ans use you as a brake to slow themselve down right before the apex.

So no need to be too clean i say, this is not F1.

they knock you whenever they have the chance or even come from behind with high speed ans use you as a brake to slow themselve down right before the apex.

I did like 80 race and they knock me down like 3 times. And they never used me as brake...

GMAK4444 said:
 they knock you whenever they have the chance or even come from behind with high speed ans use you as a brake to slow themselve down right before the apex.

I did like 80 race and they knock me down like 3 times. And they never used me as brake...

What difficulty you playing exactly ??
Anyway i will upload a video for this issue when i play again .. one video better than 1000 words.

GMAK4444 said:

Anyway i will upload a video for this issue when i play again .. one video better than 1000 words.
Pro.

GMAK4444 said:
GMAK4444 said:

Pro.

Looks like we are talking about different AI then, i play with Very Hard.

GMAK4444 said:
Hey clean racers

I'm playing some more racing these day with Grid 2 and Autosport and I started to wonder about this subject lately.

How clean we must be in this autosport? 100% clean? Can we push a little and take risk and touch the other cars a little? Should we do like if we were in real and take no fatal risk?

IMO, no cheap shots. No too dangerous pass or insane pass. And aside this no worry if we hit the cars a little sometimes but not too much. For the offtrack, it can happens a little but not too much.

So what you think?

If you are causing someone to spin out that is too aggressive IMO. Any manoevre by the opponent that causes you to end up off track and having to drive to re-join the race in last place.

Rear ending someone severely is also aggressive, but not 100% always stoppable in a race, especially if someone brakes suddenly.

dirt3joe said:
GMAK4444 said:
Hey clean racers

So what you think?

If you are causing someone to spin out that is too aggressive IMO. Any manoevre by the opponent that causes you to end up off track and having to drive to re-join the race in last place.

Rear ending someone severely is also aggressive, but not 100% always stoppable in a race, especially if someone brakes suddenly.
Good to know about the first section.

About the second:
I'm new in the slang of the racing. Rear ending is being too near? If it's that, who's fault if the one hahead miss his brake phase and brake too quick?

Rear ending is hitting someone in the rear. If someone in front of you brakes earlier than you than you should be on the inside outbreaking him :) If you hit him at hight speed difference, than you propably had time to react, and should try to avoid that. If you just bump him, and you both break and make the turn it is just racing incident. Thats my opinion anyway. Either way you should avoid driving into rear of others. There is no benefit in that. You won't pass them unless you wreck them and that is not how you want to race.

GMAK4444 said:
dirt3joe said:
GMAK4444 said:
Hey clean racers

So what you think?

Good to know about the first section.

About the second:
I'm new in the slang of the racing. Rear ending is being too near? If it's that, who's fault if the one hahead miss his brake phase and brake too quick?

Well the first is kind of obvious, not that you would know it from online play sometimes, which is why I said it.

Second, in most places in the world, driving normally if you go into the back of someone it is always the person at the back who is at fault. But imo in racing it is not always that simple. If you hold back far enough to ALWAYS be able to avoid them in case they brake suddenly, it's unlikely that you will ever be in a position to overtake because the cars are too closely matched. Sometimes you do have to make assumptions about how the person in front drives, ie doesn't overbrake suddenly. Of course if the person in front is in a battle with someone else then their behaviour may be more erratic so you have to take this into account.

Look I've come to this conclusion. Online racing ,unless your running with friends in private rooms, is never gonna be clean. I raced about 2hrs online last night and there's always the first turn of death that I do not understand why people don't know where there brakes are. Next why when you have a good head of steam and u are easily gonna make the clean pass the guy your passing just has to turn into you so u can't pass . Its just the way racing games are nowadays. It's been this way for at least 4years . With each title that comes out this conversation comes up so obviously its not getting better nor is it going to change.

Look I've come to this conclusion. Online racing ,unless your running with friends in private rooms, is never gonna be clean. I raced about 2hrs online last night and there's always the first turn of death that I do not understand why people don't know where there brakes are. Next why when you have a good head of steam and u are easily gonna make the clean pass the guy your passing just has to turn into you so u can't pass . Its just the way racing games are nowadays. It's been this way for at least 4years . With each title that comes out this conversation comes up so obviously its not getting better nor is it going to change.
100% correct of course.

In the real world racing works because there are rules and the drivers are highly skilled and largely race within the rules (the equivalent of a private room). They can make assumptions that other drivers behaviour is similar to theirs. If you opened up real racing to everyone you would probably get the same result as you see on line. I think it is also due to the fact that skill levels on line are unmatched and peoples approaches to learning differ. Some people want to go slowly gradually increasing speed. Others go fast, running off all over the place until they learn to slow down. What we need is robot AI that can act as stewards. But a long time away yet I think. One thing they could do is record the number of times someone goes off track during a race, which is probably strongly correlated to recklessness, then kick them and put them in a room together and let the carnage commence :)

@TenderSurrender Very hard is called "Pro" in French, I guess it's the same in some other languages too.