Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There better not be gymkhana in dirt rally! is there any??

As long as it's not going to be forcibly put onto my screen (or up my ass), then I don't care whether it will be or will not be implemented. Believe it or not, but some people enjoyed it and I'm sure a lot of them would want to see how it works in a simulation mode physics, not simcade from DiRT 3.

As long as it's not going to be forcibly put onto my screen (or up my ass), then I don't care whether it will be or will not be implemented. Believe it or not, but some people enjoyed it and I'm sure a lot of them would want to see how it works in a simulation mode physics, not simcade from DiRT 3.
I enjoyed the free roam. The competitions kind of killed the fun of it though. I still want a Dirt 2 style with all the different types of cars with DR's physics. I kind of hope they start doing a simcade game and a... more sim game like Forza and Horizon.

I loved the gymkhana, more the free roam rather than the competitions. It would be awesome with dirt rally's physics. But I know I'm in a small club. And I'm not even American or a Ken block fan

I liked the gymkhana also, a great way to practice car control.

Not sure it fits into the current game's theme, but I don't think the free roam mode is much different than what a free roam rally school would look like.

So after owning a clubsport handbrake for about 7 months, I finally got around to drilling some holes in a piece of wood and mounting it to the side of my SQ shifter. Quite handy actually that Fanatec designed the shifter to be side mounted like that. Anyways, turns out DR uses analog (as far as I could tell) while D3 is strictly a button. I was really excited to try it in Gymkhana too.
https://youtu.be/84zY33QZO5o

I loved the gymkhana, more the free roam rather than the competitions.
enamel said:
I personally agree with both of you. The Battersea area in DiRT 3 was great for just playing with the cars: I always thought it was a missed opportunity that you couldn't use anything other than the gymkhana cars there. It would have been useful to be able to drive the other cars and play with the settings in a wide open space...

...would be fantastic to see a rally school added to DiRT Rally that addresses the above points!

tbtstt said:
enamel said:
I personally agree with both of you. The Battersea area in DiRT 3 was great for just playing with the cars: I always thought it was a missed opportunity that you couldn't use anything other than the gymkhana cars there. It would have been useful to be able to drive the other cars and play with the settings in a wide open space...

...would be fantastic to see a rally school added to DiRT Rally that addresses the above points!
... would be great to see you playing DR.

tbtstt said:
enamel said:

I'd love to just have a big open space in DR to just throw the cars around and test out different settings.

tbtstt said:
enamel said:

I'd love to just have a big open space in DR to just throw the cars around and test out different settings.

Just drive the sprint stages, if your settings are not right, adjust and drive again, repeat until your happy !

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
enamel said:

... would be great to see you playing DR.
Only 87 days to go!  :smiley: