Sign in to follow this  

So is it worth buying? is it better than grid 2?

Purple44>:) between upcoming content there will be some tracks ! you can check it on steam's page of GAS that there is already the season pass for selling with some more details..  :-??

oh, how lucky we are!, they're releasing cars and tracks as separated DLC!!

Purple44 said:
8 DLCs, does that mean Codemasters is going to divide the online community again like they did in GRID 2?
The' loaner car' system will mitigate much of the car dlc issues I heard, even if you don't own it you can still race with mates via the loaner, but unsure re the track dlcs.

hola said:

Ahh well, it was on the cards and it seems the norm for the majority of games companies these days so Codies are doing nothing untowards and we're all used to it I guess.

Personally, as with most titles i'd rather be playing most of the game today and lovin' it, rather than the entire full game content (including the currently unfinished dlc) at Christmas!

[But then again hola, i'm totally biased after the hilarious mini miglia pack racing around Brands Hatch over the weekend!  As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!]

DJ007 said:
As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!

That is great, if only it was Mr Bean driving them :)

Oh and for Sgll's OP;

So is it worth buying?

If you can afford it, pence per hour of fun will be very hard to beat!

Is it better than grid 2?

Undoubtably, pack racing is back dude!   They're poles apart with Autosport's softened car handling.  For me Autosport's the much requested multiplayer nod back to the ol' PS1 ToCA/WTC days that I hoped for, and i'll certainly get much more mileage from Autosport over Grid2 until next gen BTCC 2016's release - hint to Codies! - of course!

Frankly, I really enjoyed Grid2, but with Autosport I may even enjoy the solo player game this time around too.  Only 10 hours in but I sense more longevity with Autosport for my tastes.

To reiterate pack racing is back dude! :)>-

thanks guys some mixed answers but ive taken the plunge now and ordered it. only costing me £10 so not as if im spending a great deal lol

I think you might have bought it from an illegal website. Not really smart to tell that here...

nope you're wrong oscar, wasnt ilegal at all. its from a rewards website actually.

DJ007 said:
Purple44 said:
8 DLCs, does that mean Codemasters is going to divide the online community again like they did in GRID 2?
The' loaner car' system will mitigate much of the car dlc issues I heard, even if you don't own it you can still race with mates via the loaner, but unsure re the track dlcs.

hola said:

Ahh well, it was on the cards and it seems the norm for the majority of games companies these days so Codies are doing nothing untowards and we're all used to it I guess.

Personally, as with most titles i'd rather be playing most of the game today and lovin' it, rather than the entire full game content (including the currently unfinished dlc) at Christmas!

[But then again hola, i'm totally biased after the hilarious mini miglia pack racing around Brands Hatch over the weekend!  As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!]
Yeah raced those last night in the touring discipline around the Autosport raceway that was fun hilarious too in places

I really did like grid 2 and with 78 hours of play time, i think it was worth the money

Grid Autosport was released less than a week ago, but i already have 21 hours into the game

kting said:
DJ007 said:
As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!

That is great, if only it was Mr Bean driving them :)

Hmmmm .....
  Bean!