Sign in to follow this  

So is it worth buying? is it better than grid 2?

looking for honest opinions please from original grid gamers. is GA better than grid 2? is handling better too cos im hearing mixed opinions at mo and dont know if i should buy this. i dont want to make same mistake i did with grid 2.

so my question to you guys is. is it worth getting or leaving at shop?

It is different from both, but since the good/important one was the first...., then no, It isn't better than Grid1

You mean autosport?

I prefer autosport than Grid 2 because of the pro racers that are much better. But I prefer to choose my car like in grid 2.

Grid 2 has more realistic handling (yep) but Autosport attempts to be more realistic.

seriously if you think grid 2 was realistic then god help us all.i am n have been a pro sim racer for many years and grid2 was the biggest pile ov junk ever made fact.quickest way round track on grid2 drifting every corner but on autosport its a case ov using your brakes and being smooth n try not to let ya tyres overload to much.bottom line grid2 was arcade game and autosport not a sim or a arcade but little way between defo the better game by far is autosport

andmcq said:
Grid 2 has more realistic handling (yep) but Autosport attempts to be more realistic.
Are you kidding me? You watched too much Tokio Drift. If you said Grid 2 was more fun I would leave it to your opinion. But saying that Grid 2 was realistic is plain lie.

Back on topic. I really like this game for that it encoureges and rewards proper driving techinque, You need to pick good line and breaking point in order to be fast. Also we got th best thing CM could do! We finally have way to pic race lenght from normal trought x2, x3 up to x5 times. That means that normally 8 minuts endurance race can became real endurance at x5. 4 lap races became 12 or 20. That allows to pick proper difficulty. No longer we have to pass 12 cars in 3 laps.We also got practise and qualiffying so that 1. No longer you hop from car to car and pray throught the first 3 corners while you try to get a feel for a car and a track.

In general I have few complains about AI (sometiimes divebombs and smashes you for no reason), Some imptovements in the UI would also be good (you can accidentaly start a race before you did qually and practise and ruin your championshop. But other than that FOR ME this is better thatn Grid 1, Grid 2, Shift, Shift 2. Or anyother simarcade racing game. Of course in terms of realism it is far from iRacing, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars or rFactor. But in terms of sheer racing fun it is great.

Unless you think Grid 2 was realistic. than you will have a bad time.

andmcq said:
no comment for that! =))  For me honestly GAS is better from Grid 1 ( no need to refer that is way better than Grid 2) even from Toca 3  which was one of me best racing in PC considering that GAS has way better graphics and way better damage model ... And with upcoming patches , updates , fixes etc but also with 8 DLC that they are gonna to come in future , we can speak for one of the 3 top Codemasters games ever for me ! 

andmcq said:
Wow, not even close.

Buy Grid Autosport? Definite yes!

You will enjoy. AI are great, just treat them as you would like to be treated and they will treat you such. Drive clean, so do they. Yeah, they have their own personalities, but believe me, that's good. No single file, one-at-a-time round corners AI behaviour. Get in front and watch them fight! lol

sgll said:
looking for honest opinions please from original grid gamers. is GA better than grid 2? is handling better too cos im hearing mixed opinions at mo and dont know if i should buy this. i dont want to make same mistake i did with grid 2.

so my question to you guys is. is it worth getting or leaving at shop?
Did not buy Grid 2 but GA drives a bit like Grid, there is some more subtle handling, I think perhaps more ability to demonstrate skill than the first Grid. Some great tracks. Some annoyances, but not so crucial to the gameplay and the race.

I bought and would buy again having played it for 2 days. Can't really give it a higher recommendation than that.

andmcq said:
Say what , dude you must have been drunk , high or something else when you accidentally wrote this. Maybe a mistype ??

andmcq said:
Can you be anymore wrong. 

Is NFS a realistic driving game to you?  Or Ridge Racer?  F-zero?  Wipeout? 
What about Micro Machines?? (Brilliant game BTW)

Autosport is brilliant, the cars handle properly,  Drifting being the fastest way around is gone....and good riddance to that . 

Its like forza 4 in the way you have to really, no i mean REALLY slow down using brakes, for the sharp turns, and be smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth with the throttle and steering. 

But it feels faster than forza 4, and I used to race R2 in forza, and they were not slow cars.  

Because it feels faster than forza its more fun.

But really understanding the fundamentals of proper wheel to wheel racing will help any player on Autosport. 

Grid 2 was fun, in a very arcadey way,  but it was a pile o'junk in racing game terms.  

Grid 2 coaster for sale, only been used as a Frisbee a couple of times.  open to offers :)

No surprise, for after all this is the same guy saying in another thread that reverse tracks mean more content

You are misleading a potential customer. No fun in that

hola said:
You are misleading a potential customer. No fun in that
True. But it's subjective anyway. I like Autosport, but am leaning towards Grid 2 as being the better game. 

I have no problem with that, and I understand that not everyone is looking for that type of driving. I myself played fair bit of Grid 2, and never said it was terrible game. But saying it is more realistic is just plainly lying. There are people that will prefer Grid 2 to Grid AS as there are people that would prefer Burnout paradise(another fun game, espetially with controller. Less so with the wheel) to any of the Grid games.

I personally am a fun of simracing (I am playing iRacing for proper sim gameplay) And this installment of Grid series is the best for me. With proper handling and racing methods and finally qualifying and practise sessions. Nice long races and good visuals. A lot of fun for me. Enought to say i logged 26 hours of gameplay in less than 3 days :)

Grid: Autosport is definitely more realistic, but only marginally. The drifting in Grid 2 was a very nice way to hide the lack of physics and Autosports attempt to be more authentic really only serves to reveal the problems with this physics engine. 

I actually just played Grid 1 for the first time just then (yay for Steam sales!). I have to say, it's a lot better feeling than both Grid 2 and Autosport... they were really on the right track back then (pun!).

I played iRacing for years, but don't play it up much now as took up too much time! lol

Its definitely better than grid 2 if you ask me, but maybe not as good at the moment as grid 1 and nowhere as good as either toca 2 or toca 3.............not that you were asking.

I quite like it and I was one of the most brutal critics of Grid 2.

The online is fun. Doesn't seem to be as many hardcore rammers as there used to be. I like the selection of tracks and you get to drive a large range of cars straight away.

Get it from a cdkey site and you should be able to pay well less than £20. Worth it, IMO.

andmcq said:
no comment for that! =))  For me honestly GAS is better from Grid 1 ( no need to refer that is way better than Grid 2) even from Toca 3  which was one of me best racing in PC considering that GAS has way better graphics and way better damage model ... And with upcoming patches , updates , fixes etc but also with 8 DLC that they are gonna to come in future , we can speak for one of the 3 top Codemasters games ever for me ! 

8 DLCs, does that mean Codemasters is going to divide the online community again like they did in GRID 2?