Jump to content Jump to content

So is it worth buying? is it better than grid 2?

sgll

Purple44 said:
8 DLCs, does that mean Codemasters is going to divide the online community again like they did in GRID 2?
The' loaner car' system will mitigate much of the car dlc issues I heard, even if you don't own it you can still race with mates via the loaner, but unsure re the track dlcs.

hola said:
oh, how lucky we are!, they're releasing cars and tracks as separated DLC!!

Ahh well, it was on the cards and it seems the norm for the majority of games companies these days so Codies are doing nothing untowards and we're all used to it I guess.

Personally, as with most titles i'd rather be playing most of the game today and lovin' it, rather than the entire full game content (including the currently unfinished dlc) at Christmas!

[But then again hola, i'm totally biased after the hilarious mini miglia pack racing around Brands Hatch over the weekend!  As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!]

Oh and for Sgll's OP;

So is it worth buying?

If you can afford it, pence per hour of fun will be very hard to beat!

Is it better than grid 2?

Undoubtably, pack racing is back dude!   They're poles apart with Autosport's softened car handling.  For me Autosport's the much requested multiplayer nod back to the ol' PS1 ToCA/WTC days that I hoped for, and i'll certainly get much more mileage from Autosport over Grid2 until next gen BTCC 2016's release - hint to Codies! - of course!

Frankly, I really enjoyed Grid2, but with Autosport I may even enjoy the solo player game this time around too.  Only 10 hours in but I sense more longevity with Autosport for my tastes.

To reiterate pack racing is back dude! :)>-

DJ007 said:
Purple44 said:
8 DLCs, does that mean Codemasters is going to divide the online community again like they did in GRID 2?
The' loaner car' system will mitigate much of the car dlc issues I heard, even if you don't own it you can still race with mates via the loaner, but unsure re the track dlcs.

hola said:
oh, how lucky we are!, they're releasing cars and tracks as separated DLC!!

Ahh well, it was on the cards and it seems the norm for the majority of games companies these days so Codies are doing nothing untowards and we're all used to it I guess.

Personally, as with most titles i'd rather be playing most of the game today and lovin' it, rather than the entire full game content (including the currently unfinished dlc) at Christmas!

[But then again hola, i'm totally biased after the hilarious mini miglia pack racing around Brands Hatch over the weekend!  As close to having 16x Mr Beans in one place that you can probably get in an arcade game!]
Yeah raced those last night in the touring discipline around the Autosport raceway that was fun hilarious too in places