Sign in to follow this  

Why is CM intent of discriminating gainst disabled people and other minority groups

I see again that you've got it wrong with autosports...  I'm disabled with no use in my hands so use an attack 3 joystick with my chin..  Why oh why can't i change advanced controller settings??????????????  Please get with the times otherwise someone may file a claim at you.....

It sounds very challenging for you to play a game for sure ... I admire that you still have a go and it must be frustrating for you that you cannot adjust the control settings ... However my thought would be to ask or request in a better way with actual suggestions of what you need implemented and some examples.

I am sure the folks at CM did not foresee such a circumstance and with some positive persuasion in the right way they may be more than willing to assist you... just my thought but good luck and I wish you well.

cheers RJ :)

Hi Mate

Thanks for your comment.  Just tried sending this(below) to cm via tech support but it will not send. any ideas where I can find an email address to forward this to.  Thanks again.
-------------------------------------------------------

Yet again I find myself getting frustrated and a little angry if I'm honest.  Sorry if this sounds a little sharp, but this is the reality of your policy on controller support. 

I'm disabled with no use in my hands I have to use an attack 3 joystick because I can operate this with my chin..  However, because it is not one of your 'officially' supported joysticks, I can't change the advanced controller settings such as dead zones and sensitivity.

Why??  This makes no sense at all and yet again puts this title out of my reach. 

You seem to be the only developer doing this and, if I was completely honest, it could be seen as discriminatory against minority groups, such as the disabled and alike, who find ways around physical limitations to participate in communities like yours by using equipment usable by them.  All I/we need is access to the advanced controller settings regardless of equipment used.

Please correct this oversight and open this title up to everyone.

Please also pass this on to the coders so they are aware of this issue. Thank you..

Hi Mate

Thanks for your comment.  Just tried sending this(below) to cm via tech support but it will not send. any ideas where I can find an email address to forward this to.  Thanks again.
-------------------------------------------------------
I've already sent a ticket to this ok (with Autosport in the header) i'm sure Loore will correct me if it's the wrong one.

custserv@codemasters.com

ps - Cooldude11, it's not perfect, but i've pm'd you how I tweaked and reduced the deadzone/sensitivity of my gamepad today so it's now like playing a different game!  It's not perfect but it takes 30 seconds to do so it suits me!  No promises it'll work sadly, but it may well be the same tweak for your joystick I suspect.

Hope it helps in-lieu of the much needed ingame options for non-wheel users while you await the professional reply from the Codies.  Any queries with it, ask me. ;

Sorry to hear you're disappointed, but in no way do we discriminate against disabled gamers (or anyone for that matter), we do a lot of work with the likes of Special Effect and know how important it is to ensure your game is accessible to as many people as possible.

Forgive me but I'm trying to understand the exact problem. Could you tell me what settings exactly you're trying to access? If it is things like deadzone / sensitivity then unfortunately these are only available to certain supported devices. 

This isn't a closed topic, we are actively discussing advanced controller options and the possibility of them being available to all. While I can't promise this will be the case, please be assured that it is being discussed. 

Hi Loore

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the advanced controller settings are what we need access to for all controllers.  I can't see why you would limit access to these for people with controllers not on your list, makes no sense at all...

Glad you're looking at it.

The latest news on the advanced controller settings for all is a very welcome development.  Muchos gracias.  Kudos to Codies and Loore for the prompt update and helping push it through quickly.  You can all have your halo's back now lol. O:-)

fair play to you for having your say! !!!!      An I dont think hes being wrong in asking for a feature which forza motorsport had in its 1st release on xbox :/!!!!!     This games 10 years behind its counterparts hahahaha