The Game Thread!

Just beat the first level in Halo 1 and did it  without dying too on the MCC I feel so proud of myself given this is the first time I've played a shooter on console.

Just beat the first level in Halo 1 and did it  without dying too on the MCC I feel so proud of myself given this is the first time I've played a shooter on console.
Well done bud! Knowing how your disability affects you, that's pretty impresive. :)

Hughesy said:
Well done bud! Knowing how your disability affects you, that's pretty impresive. :)
Thanks :) Thankfully on Halo when you die it doesn't take you too far back though which does help as some shooters make you have to play the whole level again. I did manage to die on the second though as I fell of the platform while trying to take out some jackals I think they're called. I'm more concerned about the flood creatures later though they're going to be tough when I get to that part I suspect given the amount they swarm you.

Bit annoyed at the moment. Achievements haven't unlocked for some of the levels.... The Silent Cartographer, and Truth and Reconciliation. Seems to be a problem with my X1. Achievements are unlocking today, but the only way to get those two is to redo the levels :( When I searched about it, it seems to happen to others in many other games. I never had problems like this on my 360, it doesn't count the hours played for many of my games either...

And I've just had a messed up bud, it skipped to the 7th mission, when it should've been L6 Guilty Spark

Hughesy said:
Bit annoyed at the moment. Achievements haven't unlocked for some of the levels.... The Silent Cartographer, and Truth and Reconciliation. Seems to be a problem with my X1. Achievements are unlocking today, but the only way to get those two is to redo the levels :( When I searched about it, it seems to happen to others in many other games. I never had problems like this on my 360, it doesn't count the hours played for many of my games either...

I'm on that Truth mission now as I've just completed mission 2 the  funny thing is I'm finding the Warthog easier to drive here than I do on the PC version. Haven't tried the flying ones yet Banshee's I think but it gives me hope that i'll crack it. The skulls aren't unlocked either or at least I can't seem to find how to activate them.

Starting to think we need our own Halo thread given the amount of posts we've put in here about it.

Hughesy said:
And I've just had a messed up bud, it skipped to the 7th mission, when it should've been L6 Guilty Spark

Yeah that's when you really come face to face with the flood nasty level that one. Took me a while even on PC to get through that one.

It's funny, in those extra videos the thing that talks and looks the same as the ghost in Destiny. It tells a better story than the whole of Destiny... No point starting a new thread, as this is the Game thread, not sure why others (like 123) wanted a separate thread for Destiny. Plus we are the only two that have Halo MCC here, I wish @RevolvingPrawn‌ had it, as playing the story co-op would be awesome :) Halo is better played with a friend, it's how I played it when I was young with my mates.

Not a Halo fan, never have been, so you won't catch me playing it :p 
That's because you're a bellend :p Makes no sense when Destiny is a clone of Halo right down to how the ai react and you love that. The coding is so similar it's ridiculous, and atleast Halo has a story. Really if you played co-op you'd probably like it.

Yeah it is a great game series. I've been enjoying it so far. I'm taking it a little slower than I did on PC though while I get used to using the controller but so far I'm coping fine against the covenant enemies for the most part. The flood enemies could be a different matter though.  in the areas where the covenant and flood aer battling each other I'll leave them to it. But in the aeras where I'm alone with the flood I'm not looking forward to that so much.

BTW @Hughesy have you found what button switches Grenade types? As I can't find it anywhere

Edit never mind I found it it's B

First time I've disagreed with you @Hughesy ;) 

They might have a lot of similarities, but Destiny feels completely different to Halo. Halo came across really camp and silly at times, especially with the gimpy noises some of the AI made. It's like Mass Effect if Shepard was swinging his hips and skipping along like a newborn lamb.

While Destiny doesn't have any of that silliness to me, it seems to take itself more seriously (minus the dancing) and I prefer that. Plus the weapons are better, the locations are more interesting, and you aren't forced along in one direction at all times.

I literally have no passion whatsoever for Halo and never have, never will. I won't play Halo MCC because I'd feel I'm wasting my money on something that I'm just not interested in.

Well I know I'm kinda late to the party with this but I only recently picked GTA V on the Xbox 360. I must say, I'm quite enjoying the game despite the 360 showing its age in terms of graphics and frame rate. Been a long while since I played with any console controller so I'm quite rubbish with the analogs, this shows well in my driving ability in the game :pensive: 

Really looking forward to the PC release of the game though. Just hope Rockstar don't make a hash of the PC port like they did with GTA IV. Even after all those patches, it still ran terribly, at least for me it did.

Prawn01 said:
Well I know I'm kinda late to the party with this but I only recently picked GTA V on the Xbox 360. I must say, I'm quite enjoying the game despite the 360 showing its age in terms of graphics and frame rate. Been a long while since I played with any console controller so I'm quite rubbish with the analogs, this shows well in my driving ability in the game :pensive: 

Really looking forward to the PC release of the game though. Just hope Rockstar don't make a hash of the PC port like they did with GTA IV. Even after all those patches, it still ran terribly, at least for me it did.
It's something I'm really looking forward to as well. I could get it on X1, but really I just wanna max out the graphics and play the whole game first person on my PC! Been way too long of a wait for them to get the PC version sorted.

Well I like both game series. enjoying the Anniversary graphics on Halo 1 too as the PC version has   the old build graphics. I can see myself having plenty of fun with the Halo MCC.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't have fun with it, if you like the game then you like it, doesn't effect me at all. I'm just saying it's not a game I'll play cause it just doesn't interest me is all.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't have fun with it, if you like the game then you like it, doesn't effect me at all. I'm just saying it's not a game I'll play cause it just doesn't interest me is all.
Fair enough but it's definitely better than most of the COD stories that's for sure

I'm not the world biggest fan of CoD so that's no insult to me :p 
Don't lie :p When does Far Cry 4 come out? As I'm buying that instead of AC Unity after seeing how messed up it is right now.

Yea been reading about Unity, sounds pretty awful! Ubisoft strikes again with another extremely poor optimisation.

FC4 comes out on Tuesday bud :)
Cool, I'm looking forward to it. :) The funny thing about Unity, it's not just PC it runs crap on. Both consoles have problems, and Xbox One actually has a higher framerate than PS4, so all the people moaning about it only having the same resolution as X1 must feel silly now. If it ran at 1080p it probably would've had a framerate of 10-15 fps. As it stands they get dips to 20fps which can't be considered playable, if you have a solid 30fps it would be fine.

pretty annoyed again. Playing Halo, I died and it took me back to another section when I should've started back at "The final run" it's a longish section I have to redo, and it saved before I died, so it must be a bug. :(

Yea been reading about Unity, sounds pretty awful! Ubisoft strikes again with another extremely poor optimisation.

Really excited for FC4. It looks amazing. I genuinely didn't know Unity was out yet though. Not really very excited for it. I'll probably pick up Black Flag after Christmas though because i still haven't got it.

Really excited for FC4. It looks amazing. I genuinely didn't know Unity was out yet though. Not really very excited for it. I'll probably pick up Black Flag after Christmas though because i still haven't got it.
It seriously does dude, I still adore FC3, only got around to finishing the story in the last 2 weeks because I'd always just go on to have fun :p I'm still annoyed it isn't on the Steam store, but I wan't the game too much to really let that stop me lol.

Black Flag is actually really good, it just doesn't play too well on a mid-spec PC. On consoles though it's fine, and it's probably the only Assassin's Creed I've really really enjoyed.