The Game Thread!

SynGamer said:
Looks like there using the liveries from the DiRT series?
Not sure. I'm on my phone currently. Wind has been taken out of my sails. I really thought tjebgame announcement today was going to be on next gen (and possibly current too).
The Kicker livery from DiRT 2 & 3

So they've listened to their core fan base on everything except going next gen... If F1 2014 isn't on Xbox One or PS4 then I won't be buying it. 
The blog post mentions that they don't have unlimited resources, but surely the next gen consoles give them more space and more power to actually make the games better. And better games mean more sales right? And more sales means more money to get them more resources to make better games... 

Whatever though, I'll wait till Grid Autosport is less than a tenner in a Steam sale before buying it.

So they've listened to their core fan base on everything except going next gen... If F1 2014 isn't on Xbox One or PS4 then I won't be buying it. 
The blog post mentions that they don't have unlimited resources, but surely the next gen consoles give them more space and more power to actually make the games better. And better games mean more sales right? And more sales means more money to get them more resources to make better games... 

Whatever though, I'll wait till Grid Autosport is less than a tenner in a Steam sale before buying it.
Codemasters said they have technology to create decent games for the current gen and why waste time on the half baked next gen. Seems to me they don't care about the next gen users.

The PC version will basically be the next-gen version, I mean most PC ports now look better than the dedicated next-gen console games.

Well I can only see that kind of attitude backfiring on them. It'll get to a point (as the consoles drop in price) where more and more people start going to next gen. At that point they'll start looking for some of the older and cheaper back catalogue of next gen games to fill out their library and there won't be any Codemasters games in that catologue. 

Honestly, by the time F1 2014 is released, the XB1 and PS4 won't be far from a year old. And if CM are still doing last gen games exclusively then... It'd just show how out of touch they really are.

sounds and looks good looks like they've taken quite a few ideas that I mentioned on her e in the past don't know how good it'll be for the novice racer though but the rest of it sounds promising to me

Well I can only see that kind of attitude backfiring on them. It'll get to a point (as the consoles drop in price) where more and more people start going to next gen. At that point they'll start looking for some of the older and cheaper back catalogue of next gen games to fill out their library and there won't be any Codemasters games in that catologue. 

Honestly, by the time F1 2014 is released, the XB1 and PS4 won't be far from a year old. And if CM are still doing last gen games exclusively then... It'd just show how out of touch they really are.
tbf though we're still on the border between current gen and next gen where for the most part companies have to choose between releasing on one or the other at least he smaller companies that's kind of why I think they chose to keep the world cup game last gen and also didn't do a PC version which annoyed he hell out of me.I would think they'd be keeping an eye on sales ofthese consoles to see if it's worth transitioning over yet my guess is cm may not think so with this title would think that they will with F1 2014 though given moer would have transitioned over by then

I'm assuming, for arguments sake, that it went into development before the next gen consoles were released, so I can kind of understand why it isn't being released on there. With F1, there's really no excuse. It will mean two years without an F1 game for me.

The PC version will basically be the next-gen version, I mean most PC ports now look better than the dedicated next-gen console games.
True, but that brings up another point. The next gen consoles are supposed to be easier to code for, the Xbox One is more or less running Windows 8. So surely it'd be easier and cheaper to port over now?

I'm pretty certain f1 2024 will be on next gen. They'll have had over a year to work on it since the consoles release and even more dev time. Since F1 is their flagship franchise I wouldn't be surprised to see it release on next gen this year as there first next gen game and then maybe a remastering of grid autosport plus a new IP drop in 2015.

EdMa said:
I'm pretty certain f1 2024 will be on next gen. They'll have had over a year to work on it since the consoles release and even more dev time. Since F1 is their flagship franchise I wouldn't be surprised to see it release on next gen this year as there first next gen game and then maybe a remastering of grid autosport plus a new IP drop in 2015.
If that doesn't happen then something will be seriously wrong... :P

EdMa said:
I'm pretty certain f1 2014 will be on next gen. They'll have had over a year to work on it since the consoles release and even more dev time. Since F1 is their flagship franchise I wouldn't be surprised to see it release on next gen this year as there first next gen game and then maybe a remastering of grid autosport plus a new IP drop in 2015.
that would be my guess as well

mike96 said:
EdMa said:
If that doesn't happen then something will be seriously wrong... :P
I'd be hoping we'd be on the PS6 by then :p and the only reason why they wouldn't is if C|M went out of business leaving someone else to pick up the license

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8jFfM6FfA

Some gameplay/interview with Andy Stewart and note near the end of the video Andy says that it'll be the last Codies game on the current gen. 

I tried Rivals once and believe me Syn, it's a total ripoff and a waste if you are hoping for decent single player content. Multiplayer ? Can't comment much on it. I would happily buy underground 2 and most wanted again lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8jFfM6FfA

Some gameplay/interview with Andy Stewart and note near the end of the video Andy says that it'll be the last Codies game on the current gen. 
looks very good looking forward to it already

This is going to be a very different beast, in my opinion this is the real Grid 2, the game that should have been.

"That's what she said"

Totally caught off guard by that. Never laughed so much at those jokes before.