The Game Thread!

SynGamer said:
At least I have NFS Rivals on PS4...?
I bought Rivals just after New years and only have played a few times as Rohan said single player is not good and its more of a multiplayer game.

Topped the leaderboard on only my 3rd ever Titanfall round. Pretty awesome game!
well done :D
Lol cheers dude :) This game is pretty badass!
yeah it looks a good fun game if it had a single player campaign I'd have been tempted to buy it myself in fact the fact it's multiplayer only was the main reason I didn't

An important question; least favourite level/stage/area in any video game you've ever played? For me, it's Anoat City in Star Wars: Dark Forces by a LARGE margin.

Story time, folks.

I remember playing this game as a kid, thoroughly enjoying the first two levels and then hitting Anoat mother effing City. God damn it do I hate this level. It's a total departure from the first two levels as this one places more emphasis puzzles than action since you have to flick switches and alter water levels to gain access to certain areas. The place is an abandoned, long forgotten city where most of the level takes place in the sewers which look disgusting, are desperately dark and are filled with dianogas (weird ass sewer creature things) that pop out of god damn nowhere and interrogation droids that fly in the air and make frightening noises whenever they spot you. Completing this level took me hours, and it ends with finding this weird looking, glasses wearing dude, sitting on his fat ass. His sprite was completely still, and he just stares at you until you end the mission. This level is the reason why, until today, I haven't even touched the game since around 2003/2004. For the love of god and all that is possibly holy, let it be known, Anoat City is ungodly. I am not kidding when I say it's the worst video game related thing I've ever come across.

I hated the part in Uncharted 1 where you have to swing around the outside of the castle. It's ridiculously easy but I could never do it. Also the blue giant dog/monster things before you enter Shangrila in Uncharted 2 were an absolute bastard to kill.

In Mass Effect 2 I hate the part when you need to access a base to shut the computer down and there's a big ass cannon in the way that can blow you up with one shot  it's difficult to keep dodging it and trying to take it down most of the time I use a cheat to get through now I like the rest of the mission but Bioware just made that bit unnecessarily hard

Herby007 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The entire 3rd act. Absolutely terrible.
The part where you have to follow the resistance member is my least favourite section in the entire series. God awful.

Well.. he's right.. :P But I thought we should have parc ferme off, the gear ratios were longer than 2014 Mercedes :P

I have FFX HD on the way! There comes a point every three or four months where I just have to replay one of the old Final Fantasy games and now I have the chance to do it with shiny new graphics. Perfect.

Britpoint said:
I have FFX HD on the way! There comes a point every three or four months where I just have to replay one of the old Final Fantasy games and now I have the chance to do it with shiny new graphics. Perfect.
Have you played FF8? It's my favourite!

mike96 said:
Britpoint said:
Have you played FF8? It's my favourite!
I have! Many times in fact. I considered it my favourite for a while as well, although now that honour goes to FFIX. VIII still has the best soundtrack though I reckon.

Yeah the soundtrack is really good. And yeah I heard about 9 being really good (and 7 as well) but I haven't played any of them (yet). What's the oldest FF game you played? I remember playing many years ago Final Fantasy 5 I think.

mike96 said:
Yeah the soundtrack is really good. And yeah I heard about 9 being really good (and 7 as well) but I haven't played any of them (yet). What's the oldest FF game you played? I remember playing many years ago Final Fantasy 5 I think.
I've played all of them, completed everything from VII onwards. VII was the first big game I got for my PS1 and pretty much got me into gaming.