The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
@Hughesy Nah bud, it's Ubisoft :p Honestly though, I've no interest in the game unfortunately, seems a bit too arcade for me really and it's just not my kind of racing game. I like proper circuits, not open roads ;) 

Plus it isn't on Steam, I keep forgetting about FC4 now purely because it isn't in my Steam list.
I thought you like Test Drive Unlimited? (Not the second one :#) as its similar to that. Anyway it's not actually a full on arcade game. It's semi realistic just like Codemasters games. The beta was actually really well optimized surprisingly. You also like the first Forza Horizon and before I got my Xbox One you said H2 looked awesome and you couldn't wait, then when I bought it you said you weren't going to get H2 so I then had nobody to start a car club with, which is a pretty big part of the game. :( Your gaming preferences are very confusing  :p  :p   :p I just like any game to do with racing, as I love cars ;)

On a separate subject, why doesn't the league you race with not have a proper league for Forza 5? That's pretty much the only game I play online that the league runs, but there's no actual league and only the odd rare race. I would love to do something weekly as that would keep me playing it, as I haven't played it for a while.
I liked it years ago when I used to semi like the NFS games :p When it comes to car games, anything open worldy, and anything that looks like it could be called a Need for Speed game instantly loses my interest lol, mainly because they're all the same, hardly any difference between any of them. Forza is an exception because it's Forza! But I didn't get Horizon 2 because I got my 980 around then and couldn't afford to drop £40 quid on an X1 game. 

No idea dude, but at the moment there'd be no point in starting one up anyway. A lot of guys have dropped out either because they have more important things happening in their lives, or because they fed up of 2013, and already fed up with 2014 as it's more or less the same game. The guy who now runs the league is actually thinking about stopping racing completely until F1 2015 is released.
So if we did try to kickstart something on Forza, we'd probably only get like 3 people to join us right now.

Good news btw, Ubi are releasing patch 1.5.0 for FC4 next week, should fix texture streaming, graphical glitches, and mouse lag amongst other things. Really hope it bloody works!

Uncharted 4 announced. Naughty Dog really are killing it with their games, one of the best developers around these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2cL-pp6p8

Platy said:
Uncharted 4 announced. Naughty Dog really are killing it with their games, one of the best developers around these days.

That looks awesome, they really make amazing games! I still haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. I was hoping it would become free with PS+ at some point, but think I might just buy it instead of being a cheap arse. When is it coming out?

Edit: Uncharted 3 must've already been free with PS+ as its on my PS3 and I know I didn't pay for it, how did I forget I already had it? Lol silly me.....

Might play it tonight, although I don't think I completed 2 as I wasn't really using my PS3 back then, as I found it hard to adjust coming from such good graphics on PC (and hating 30fps) but now I'm not so fussy and find 30fps ok but only using my PC monitor as its backlit differently so I don't see the black flickering (most people can't see it, but it is an actual thing small amounts of people suffer from)

Hughesy said:
Platy said:

That looks awesome, they really make amazing games! I still haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. I was hoping it would become free with PS+ at some point, but think I might just buy it instead of being a cheap arse. When is it coming out?

Edit: Uncharted 3 must've already been free with PS+ as its on my PS3 and I know I didn't pay for it, how did I forget I already had it? Lol silly me.....

Might play it tonight, although I don't think I completed 2 as I wasn't really using my PS3 back then, as I found it hard to adjust coming from such good graphics on PC (and hating 30fps) but now I'm not so fussy and find 30fps ok but only using my PC monitor as its backlit differently so I don't see the black flickering (most people can't see it, but it is an actual thing small amounts of people suffer from)
Yeah I agree looks a good game

I hate to go back to this topic, but I came across a rather interesting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG6CmQpLYzM&list=UUH91ivVTdIPZkhWi6oqeQPQ

Got me thinking. The petition was based on "sexual violence", so I did a little digging and found that if the Classification Board deemed there to be sexual violence (actual or implied) contained in the game, then by law, it would be refused classification (i.e. banned) according to the Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games 2012. As it happens, the game wasn't RC'd, therefore, no mechanism to commit sexual violence or incidences of sexual violence exist within the game.

VIOLENCE

Violence is permitted. High impact violence that is, in context, frequently gratuitous, exploitative and offensive to a reasonable adult will not be permitted.

Actual sexual violence is not permitted.

Implied sexual violence that is visually depicted, interactive, not justified by context or related to incentives or rewards is not permitted.

I'd like to find these "Lizard Squad" things and break their necks into four distinct pieces, assuming they have necks, of course.

PES 2015 on sale in the PS store for anyone interested . I think I'll be passing though.
can't say I blame you it's not exactly good in comparison to Fifa

Just finished the 1st episode of the new Game of Thrones Telltale Game and oh my god how amazing is it? Cannot wait for episode 2! 

Here's what I did for anyone interested.

Twitch wasn't playing nice for some reason. I found out about it before but couldn't be screwed doing anything about it short of switching to ustream. I'll probably be on tomorrow morning before the cricket starts if anyone's around.

Yeah test matches are a bit difficult to watch for the full 5 days. 

Yeah that sounds good. I've got to go out at 3:30 however so it'll be a quickie. ;)