The Game Thread!

@Hughesy If you can avoid it, don't download patch 1.5 for FC4. It's broken the game. Got NPC's spawning inside buildings you can't enter and then still being able to shoot you, non-stop stuttering now compared to the occasional before and even with the disablemip fix it's still worse. 
I was getting quite a bit back into it, and Ubi have messed it up again.

@Hughesy If you can avoid it, don't download patch 1.5 for FC4. It's broken the game. Got NPC's spawning inside buildings you can't enter and then still being able to shoot you, non-stop stuttering now compared to the occasional before and even with the disablemip fix it's still worse. 
How the hell do they always manage to mess games up more when patching.... Such incompetence by what's meant to be a AAA studio. Cheers for the heads up, I haven't played it for a while anyway.

Hughesy said:
How the hell do they always manage to mess games up more when patching.... Such incompetence by what's meant to be a AAA studio. Cheers for the heads up, I haven't played it for a while anyway.
I have no idea dude. Found a few more glitches, if you're using a weapon with the red dot sight the dot sometimes disappears during combat, and I've tried the second Shangri-La mission twice now and the game has crashed both times. Didn't bother reloading the game after the second crash, so let down by it.

Hughesy said:
I have no idea dude. Found a few more glitches, if you're using a weapon with the red dot sight the dot sometimes disappears during combat, and I've tried the second Shangri-La mission twice now and the game has crashed both times. Didn't bother reloading the game after the second crash, so let down by it.
Don't think I'll be buying another Ubi game in a hurry. The fact I didn't by Unity when I love the series as I've said before says a lot.... Years ago they made quality games, now they make the most buggy games in the world.

Hoping Unity and Far Cry 4 will teach them to rush games. Starting to turn into a money grabbing business. Hopefully they'll take a U-turn and produce quality games again. I think I'll still be picking up FC4 on PS4 after Christmas though.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Don't think I'll be buying another Ubi game in a hurry. The fact I didn't by Unity when I love the series as I've said before says a lot.... Years ago they made quality games, now they make the most buggy games in the world.
They must have had some tips from CM :p

@Hughesy Yea it's unlikely that I'll be bothering with another Ubi game until they sort out their problems. Every game they make seems to have the same problems, Far Cry 4, Unity, and Watch Dogs being the main 3 off the top of my head. For me, they've overtaken EA in terms of how bad they are.

@alonsofan46 Buying it for PS4 you should be ok, it's mainly the PC version that's messed up. But I'm not expecting any kind of U-turn soon. It's like they do make games that could be brilliant, but they release them half finished and then lazily patch them over the next few months which ruins any enjoyment you should be getting. I'd be massively into FC4, but the non-stop stuttering and performance issues are just a joke. I'm using Nvidia's current flagship GPU, the game even had a 'Nvidia' preset and their logos splashed all over it, yet it performs worse than either the X1 or PS4 versions, even if it does look better.

@sjsharp2010 Believe it or not, CM's games are in better condition than Ubisoft's :p Yes the F1 games have some really annoying bugs and ridiculous AI pace, but they optimise their games so ridiculously well that they play flawlessly even on low spec machines. Like my laptop can play the F1 games with a mix of medium to high settings and still give me a solid 60fps, and that looks huge amounts better than either the 360 or PS3 graphics. Once CM ditch the EGO engine, focus on minimising bugs, and add in a much larger amount of content than they currently do, their games could be brilliant. I'm hoping they can do that with the next game, though I will say that I'm a little sceptical after how the last 2 games turned out.

In the end, I will buy more CM games in the future, but regardless of the game, Ubisoft are unlikely to see another $ from me.

@Hughesy Yea it's unlikely that I'll be bothering with another Ubi game until they sort out their problems. Every game they make seems to have the same problems, Far Cry 4, Unity, and Watch Dogs being the main 3 off the top of my head. For me, they've overtaken EA in terms of how bad they are.

@alonsofan46 Buying it for PS4 you should be ok, it's mainly the PC version that's messed up. But I'm not expecting any kind of U-turn soon. It's like they do make games that could be brilliant, but they release them half finished and then lazily patch them over the next few months which ruins any enjoyment you should be getting. I'd be massively into FC4, but the non-stop stuttering and performance issues are just a joke. I'm using Nvidia's current flagship GPU, the game even had a 'Nvidia' preset and their logos splashed all over it, yet it performs worse than either the X1 or PS4 versions, even if it does look better.

@sjsharp2010 Believe it or not, CM's games are in better condition than Ubisoft's :p Yes the F1 games have some really annoying bugs and ridiculous AI pace, but they optimise their games so ridiculously well that they play flawlessly even on low spec machines. Like my laptop can play the F1 games with a mix of medium to high settings and still give me a solid 60fps, and that looks huge amounts better than either the 360 or PS3 graphics. Once CM ditch the EGO engine, focus on minimising bugs, and add in a much larger amount of content than they currently do, their games could be brilliant. I'm hoping they can do that with the next game, though I will say that I'm a little sceptical after how the last 2 games turned out.

In the end, I will buy more CM games in the future, but regardless of the game, Ubisoft are unlikely to see another $ from me.

yeah I agree with you I was just having a jab at CM as a joke because like you I like CM's games. Sure I had my problems with F1 2013 but generally I've found their games to be a lo0t of fun and none of the issues thart have appeared for me are particularly gamebreaking. Even the corrupt save bug and freezing issues that have dogged this years titles haven't struck me. I'm not saying those issues don't exist as people wouldn't be complaining of them if they didn't but I'm just saying that I've been lucky in that they haven't struck me.

Haven't got around to trying FC4 for myself yet but it is in my library. Judging by your comments though it sounds like I've made a good decision to wait a while before playing as I'm busy with other stuff and games at the moment anyway.

mike96 said:
Wait, so Steve Hood has left CM?
Where does it say that?

Edit: oh I see, on twitter. That was kept quiet, wonder who's taking his job and what this "exciting project" he's joining... Seems like a joke lol He's joining a team that makes the train simulator games....

mike96 said:
Never mind, classic  F1 GD trolls 
He is leaving, just checked his Twitter feed unless you're on about something else now mate?

Well I saw that thread about that train simulator or whatever it is and I didn't know if it was trolling or not

mike96 said:
Well I saw that thread about that train simulator or whatever it is and I didn't know if it was trolling or not
Nope it's on his Twitter feed, unless he's trolling us. I don't think so though as his work colleagues have said goodbye, and there's this http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-12-12-new-creative-director-for-dovetail-games

Hughesy said:
mike96 said:
Nope it's on his Twitter feed, unless he's trolling us. I don't think so though as his work colleagues have said goodbye, and there's this http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-12-12-new-creative-director-for-dovetail-games

yeah he's left to take over dovetail to work on their train sims

@Hughesy Thoughts on Wreckfest (Next Car Game)? It's half price atm, thinking about getting it, the damage model looks great, but I can't see much else that makes it stand out though :s