The Game Thread!

Wreckfest is alright, still early access though so it lacks tracks, cars and longevity. Really fun to play for a little while though, I expect it'll be a good multiplayer game once finished.

Platy said:
Wreckfest is alright, still early access though so it lacks tracks, cars and longevity. Really fun to play for a little while though, I expect it'll be a good multiplayer game once finished.
That's kinda how I figured it would be from looking at the vids of it. Thanks for the reply bud, reckon I'll put it off for now and wait to see how much content gets added on the way to final release :) 

This is one for @Matthew77258, @onetwothree, and @couger1981! Get the bible banned in retaliation for GTA V :p 

http://www.cnet.com/news/grand-theft-auto-fans-ban-the-bible/

HERE HERE!

The only problem is that I don't think Target/K-mart sell the Bible...

HERE HERE!

The only problem is that I don't think Target/K-mart sell the Bible...
Oh, dammit... Sign it anyway! It's awesome how the original petition had 48,000 sigs for the ban, and this one has 60,000 lol. Target/K-mart have to ban something with that many sigs!

This has made me a little more excited. 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

Assetto Corsa has left early access. One of the best racing games around, pick it up if you've got £20.

Development isn't stopping though, going to be adding lots more next year including laserscanned Nordschleife.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone been keeping up the PlayStation UK 20th anniversary PS4 competition going on this week? 

What a load of crap that has been. The basic idea of it was that GAME UK and PlayStation UK would tweet a clue about a character. Using a special website which had tons of the character all on it (you could zoom in and out on them) kind of like a poster, you would find the character and zoom in and then click the box on them which took you to a special GAME page which you then entered contact details into. The first 100 get the chance to win one. And when I say win one, you don't win in the traditional sense. You win the chance to buy one for £400. Yeah.

So Monday rolls around, they tweet out just before 4pm to refresh the page with the characters on just before 4 so that it updates or whatever it does and as you can imagine there was so much traffic, most people couldn't load it up, me included. So everyone got pretty annoyed but most expected it to be sorted out for Tuesday 5pm. Tuesday, same thing happens only this time a software engineer created a very simple program that got a piece of code relating to the special GAME page from the HTML code and it generated the link 2 minutes before the clue was tweeted. So then for Wednesday and Thursday the same issues happen and the hack is still going, with many picking up 3 or 4 consoles using various browsers and devices apparently. 

Friday comes around, PS claim to have fixed that hack, which they did, and then I and tons of others went to load the page and it still wouldn't load. I sat there for 15 minutes today waiting for it, it got stuck at 91%. 

What with the Interview stuff going on recently, Sony is having a torrid time and this whole competition has been a complete farce. Sony wont care too much about this competition if it nets them £20,000 for little to no work. Sony are a joke right now. Really annoyed, most people agreed that they should have drawn names out of a hat for all PS Plus members. 

And someone else also pointed out, the USA got to buy 12,300 of them. Why does the UK have to suffer through an awful competition (Good idea, poorly executed) for just 505 (including the 5 raffled out each day from all non winning entries)?

@sjsharp2010‌  This is awesome, Halo MCC is getting Halo ODST added for free :D

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-the-master-chief-collection-adds-updated-halo/1100-6424335/

Hughesy said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-the-master-chief-collection-adds-updated-halo/1100-6424335/

Not played that one before so that is good. :D Just need to add Haol reach now and then we'll have the full package. :p It seems to me that Bungie's games were better than Halo 4 though at least based on 1,2 and 3.

Only just noticed there's an awesome addon for Horizon 2, it's called Strom Island. :D Looks amazing, just downloading it now o:)

Edit: Just started playing it, it's like an extreme version of Dirt 2 with the crazy weather. You can tell there's guys that worked for Codemasters before going to form Playground Games. Brilliant DLC!

Hughesy said:
Only just noticed there's an awesome addon for Horizon 2, it's called Strom Island. :D Looks amazing, just downloading it now o:)

Edit: Just started playing it, it's like an extreme version of Dirt 2 with the crazy weather. You can tell there's guys that worked for Codemasters before going to form Playground Games. Brilliant DLC!
And there's me deciding there weren't enough good games on xb1/ps4 and spending some dosh on top quality s/h ps3 games on fleabay instead.

Boo hiss. But who knows ? Maybe there will be a XB1 price drop after xmas that will tempt me in... 

dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:

And there's me deciding there weren't enough good games on xb1/ps4 and spending some dosh on top quality s/h ps3 games on fleabay instead.

Boo hiss. But who knows ? Maybe there will be a XB1 price drop after xmas that will tempt me in... 
Not sure there will be, as Xbox One has already been heavily discounted this Christmas. There's already been awesome deals for it imo.

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:

Not sure there will be, as Xbox One has already been heavily discounted this Christmas. There's already been awesome deals for it imo.
Agreed it's well worth the price tag though as I've enjoyed every game I've got for mine.

Hughesy said:

only annoying thing is though we have to wait until the spring for it but I'm looking forward to seeing what it's about I know it's a story that takes place at the same time as Halo's 2 and 3 but that's all I know

@Lukedfrt‌ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-2-mentioned-in-former-naughty-dog-d/1100-6424353/.  :D 

I bought Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for £5 on Saturday, went to play it on Sunday and spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my DS4 to work with it to no avail. Had to buy a £20 Wired Xbox 360 controller, although I did have a £15 voucher from last Christmas to spend to I used that, still annoying as the Xmas post will hold it up so I can't play it for a while now :(

AMS97KRR said:
I bought Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for £5 on Saturday, went to play it on Sunday and spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my DS4 to work with it to no avail. Had to buy a £20 Wired Xbox 360 controller, although I did have a £15 voucher from last Christmas to spend to I used that, still annoying as the Xmas post will hold it up so I can't play it for a while now :(
Ah well, least you have a superior controller now ;)

AMS97KRR said:
Ah well, least you have a superior controller now ;)
Haha, better than DS3 most probably, that thing was a little small. I think the DS4 is good though, by far the best I've used.