The Game Thread!

AMS97KRR said:
I bought Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for £5 on Saturday, went to play it on Sunday and spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my DS4 to work with it to no avail. Had to buy a £20 Wired Xbox 360 controller, although I did have a £15 voucher from last Christmas to spend to I used that, still annoying as the Xmas post will hold it up so I can't play it for a while now :(
Ah well, least you have a superior controller now ;)
Yeah I prefer the X box controller over the Playstation one as well. Mainly I think it's because I find it easier to use with 1 hand than the PS.

Hmm thinking about buying the Telltale collection on Xbox One as its only £34. Includes both seasons of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Borderlands and Game Of Thrones. I already have the first series of TWD and The Wolf Among Us on PC. Thing is I prefer to play games using a controller now because of my silly hands, and I don't think they have controller support on PC.

@Hughesy They all have controller support on PC, it's how I play them :p 
Really? When I tried using my 360 controller on TWD it didn't work :# Might try again, as when searching the net these games have long load times mid game which I've never had on PC, which would really ruin immersion...

Hughesy said:
Really? When I tried using my 360 controller on TWD it didn't work :# Might try again, as when searching the net these games have long load times mid game which I've never had on PC, which would really ruin immersion...
I use my X1 controller and it's fine dude, used my 360 controller for TWD S1, X1 controller for S2, plus there isn't really any loading, you might get like a fade to next scene but it's practically instant :p 

Just bought Assetto Corsa thanks to @Platy posting about the sale :)

Hughesy said:
I use my X1 controller and it's fine dude, used my 360 controller for TWD S1, X1 controller for S2, plus there isn't really any loading, you might get like a fade to next scene but it's practically instant :p 

I'm on about on consoles, they have bad loading times. A lot of reviews pick up on that. On PC I have no problems with loading times (never played a Telltale game on a console.) Anyway you were right, but I still had to click my mouse first to get into the main game, which is why I thought they didn't have controller support ;) Resuming my Wolf Among Us game, I haven't played it in ages for some reason.
Ages ago I lost my save for TWD season 1 :( So I would need to play it again so my choices are carried over to S2.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I'm on about on consoles, they have bad loading times. A lot of reviews pick up on that. On PC I have no problems with loading times (never played a Telltale game on a console.) Anyway you were right, but I still had to click my mouse first to get into the main game, which is why I thought they didn't have controller support ;) Resuming my Wolf Among Us game, I haven't played it in ages for some reason.
Ages ago I lost my save for TWD season 1 :( So I would need to play it again so my choices are carried over to S2.

That's how I like playing my games too importing my choices  from one game to the next. It's how I play Mass Effect and it's how I'm going to play Dragon Age too. Just finishing up ME3 now as I'm on the final mission on my latest playthrough. Was then going to download and install the Dragon Age games to play them next.

Edit. Just finished ME3 again the scene where your love interest is holding the Commander Shepard plaque always brings a tear to my eye no matter how many times I see it.

My Thrustmaster TX has broken again! Same problem as last time, it won't power on... Merry fucking Christmas

Hughesy said:
My Thrustmaster TX has broken again! Same problem as last time, it won't power on... Merry fucking Christmas

Not your day I take it. Haven't really started our festivities yet but this year we're having our Christmas Dinner in the evening instead of earlier in the day. We normally have dinner in the evening most days anyway so it's no big deal. Although in the past we've normally had Christmas day dinner earlier in the day. I have opened up all my pressies though. Mostly things I needed rather than what I want really but then if I really want something I buy it myself these days and I've pretty much got what I want already.

I said something always goes wrong for me at Christmas, this time my TX wheel. Only bought the storm island dlc the other day for Forza Horizon 2 which was £15, hence why I hate Christmas. :|

I got F1 2014 for Christmas!

Buuut I can't play it til I get home from holiday, which isn't for another 10 days...

Hughesy said:
I said something always goes wrong for me at Christmas, this time my TX wheel. Only bought the storm island dlc the other day for Forza Horizon 2 which was £15, hence why I hate Christmas. :|
good job it only comes once a year then :p

I highly recommend anyone who likes either First Person Shooters or WW1 games to buy Verdun 1914-18. Awesome game, every gun is a one hit kill (except pistols and maybe a high capacity MG but not sure on that one as it kills so easily and fires quickly). and the game is all about capturing and defending the various trenches rather than straight up death match (although TDM is available, nobody really plays it). 16 player teams, 4 squads of 4 with different nations on the entente powers (In game it is Britain, France, Canada) each squad has 4 different roles which is cool, each role levels up individually but you do have an overall rank. I think the Central powers is literally just Germany but with a few different squads.

It is in BETA/Early Access so bare that in mind, but it is currently 66% off (£5) so I'd say it is worth a shot. 

Just recruited Morrigan. Now to go on the offensive I hope

Edit. I think my new approach to Dragon Age after reading and understanding the powers at my disposal in the strategy guides seems to be working. I'm still early in the game but I've managed to recruit Leliana and Sten onto my team. First time I've managed to do that.

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Just bought The Evil Within for £9 something :) Needed something to take my mind off my wheel being broken, problem is it's 31GB :o Not sure how though, as the graphics aren't that great.

And I just bought Tropico 5 as its 65% off, I see @Platy‌ has it in his wish list. Pretty good price at the moment :)

I didn't get to play T4 much, but I think I'll play this one a lot more. Tropico 5 and The Evil Within are the only two games I've bought in the Steam sale.

£9 Is about the right price for The Evil Within :p Think the only game I've bought in the sale is Assetto Corsa, been tempted by a few others but not enough to buy em. Just waiting for GTA V and Dying Light on Jan 27th now.

£9 Is about the right price for The Evil Within :p Think the only game I've bought in the sale is Assetto Corsa, been tempted by a few others but not enough to buy em. Just waiting for GTA V and Dying Light on Jan 27th now.
I'm enjoying The Evil Within at the moment, the only thing pissing me off is the camera and fov. I'm glad it lets me use my save from the demo. Btw does it auto save, or only when you go through the mirror thing?

Just bought it and Tropico.

The Long Dark is really pretty, a normal survival game with a good challenge. Only briefly played it but friends of mine enjoy it. It is Early Access though, so be warned.

So tempted to buy The Crew for £22 from Amazon on PC, mainly to fill the void now that I can't play Horizon 2. Ringing Shopto tomorrow to get my wheel replaced, but I really have the itch to play an open world racer.

What do you guys do with regards to engine saving on F1 2014? At the moment I'm gong full revs in qualifying but barely passing the green lights in practice and the race.