The Game Thread!

And I've now talked myself out of buying The Crew, mainly because it can't be played offline. If the servers are down you can't play, that's a big no no for me...

Picked up Far Cry 4 yesterday. Really enjoying it so far , and there's so much to do. It runs nicely and I've only had a few minor glitches which don't really affect the gameplay.

Hughesy said:
And I've now talked myself out of buying The Crew, mainly because it can't be played offline. If the servers are down you can't play, that's a big no no for me...
I was tempted to get it, 27 pound in Game yesterday on PS4.

Then i checked Metacritic...

Shopto website is down for maintenance, so I can't ring about my faulty Thrustmaster TX wheel. :(

Completed the first season of The Walking Dead game yesterday, really wasn't expecting the ending! 

Have to admit wooing Leliana in Dragon Age Origins is proving kind of fun she does remind me a lot of Tali in many ways. I'm starting to really enjoy the game now I'm understanding how it works. Not really that used to RPG's normally aside from ME and most of that you can leave automated so the computer deals with that for you.

That last mini game was a total balls up from my end, on round 2 I crashed...while taking off and round 3 I jumped out of the plane...and IDK if the activate parachutist button had changed on ps4 or what but I ended up dead. 

Well we'll play again soon and if anyone wants to join you're more than welcome. 
I got bored when you started clarting on choosing which glasses and hat to wear.

My TX wheel is being picked up tomorrow, might be a while until I get my replacement. 

That last mini game was a total balls up from my end, on round 2 I crashed...while taking off and round 3 I jumped out of the plane...and IDK if the activate parachutist button had changed on ps4 or what but I ended up dead. 
Haha, when you jumped out and hit the ground I burst out laughing :p Looked hilarious from 123's view ;)

Omg PCars is amzing now  :o. I haven't played it in a few months but is brilliant now, you can feel every bump in the road and the physics feel amzing now. Seems having AC as competition has made them make big improvements, at the moment I'd say it's on a par with AC if not better. It really has surprised me, the delay was a smart move.

Think I'm going to buy Dragon Age Inquisition from Origin as its on sale (not that cheap though) does anyone else here have it? I loved the first one but never played the second.

Edit: Just bought it for PC, can't wait to play it :D @sjsharp2010‌ Do you have it bud?

Hughesy said:
Think I'm going to buy Dragon Age Inquisition from Origin as its on sale (not that cheap though) does anyone else here have it? I loved the first one but never played the second.

Edit: Just bought it for PC, can't wait to play it :D @sjsharp2010‌ Do you have it bud?

I have it but haven't played it yet. I've got it downloaded and installed on my PC ready I'm working my way through Origins atm as I'm working through that and 2 first.  So I have an active playthrough to transfer to Inquisition but based on what I've seen on Youtube it does look pretty good. I'm using the Dragon Age keep website to help transfer it in and tweaking it as I go as it can't take a direct transfer due to Inquisition being on the Frostbite engine whereas Origins and 2 are both on the Unreal engine

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

for anyone that's interested you need an Origin account to make it work though

I've done the Urn mission and Redcliffe mission I'm working on the Dwarf one now in Orzammar and the Deep Roads or whatever they're called.

@hughesy here's an interesting vid of Inquistion if you want to lookat it shows you in battles and some of what the cutscenes look like as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgStwweOlA

Hughesy said:

I have it but haven't played it yet. I've got it downloaded and installed on my PC ready I'm working my way through Origins atm as I'm working through that and 2 first.  So I have an active playthrough to transfer to Inquisition but based on what I've seen on Youtube it does look pretty good. I'm using the Dragon Age keep website to help transfer it in and tweaking it as I go as it can't take a direct transfer due to Inquisition being on the Frostbite engine whereas Origins and 2 are both on the Unreal engine

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

for anyone that's interested you need an Origin account to make it work though

I've done the Urn mission and Redcliffe mission I'm working on the Dwarf one now in Orzammar and the Deep Roads or whatever they're called.

I'd just skip DA2 as its rubbish, played it at my brothers and found it boring. My save for the first one is long gone, I'll be playing Inquisition later as it finished downloading through the night. :)

Wow I didn't realise DAI was such a beautiful game :o  Seems to be pretty well optimized, as I'm playing it maxed at 1440p at near 60fps. Maybe it'll go down a bit when I'm fighting, but at the moment it seems to be running well. :) Using the FrostBite engine was a great idea, hope they use it for the next Mass Effect.

I honestly think this has some of the best graphics I've seen. The texture quality is amazing, especially the ground textures. Things like pebbles on paths aren't just flat looking mipmaps, and the fact my 780 is able to run it at mostly 60fps is brilliant as I thought it was starting to not be powerful enough at 1440p. Just shows how badly some other games are optimised. The game itself is brilliant, I'm not sure why I waited so long to buy it.

The Frostbite enigine has to be one of the best  as games that use it always look good, without needing a super computer to run it.

Hughesy said:
Wow I didn't realise DAI was such a beautiful game :o  Seems to be pretty well optimized, as I'm playing it maxed at 1440p at near 60fps. Maybe it'll go down a bit when I'm fighting, but at the moment it seems to be running well. :) Using the FrostBite engine was a great idea, hope they use it for the next Mass Effect.

I honestly think this has some of the best graphics I've seen. The texture quality is amazing, especially the ground textures. Things like pebbles on paths aren't just flat looking mipmaps, and the fact my 780 is able to run it at mostly 60fps is brilliant as I thought it was starting to not be powerful enough at 1440p. Just shows how badly some other games are optimised. The game itself is brilliant, I'm not sure why I waited so long to buy it.

The Frostbite enigine has to be one of the best  as games that use it always look good, without needing a super computer to run it.

Well I have DA2 anyway as I bought it the same time I bought Origins so I may as well play it. I heard it wasn't very good but thought I'd judge it for myself.  I've enjoyed games before that haven't been highly thought of after all they said the same thing about ME3's ending although I do think it was a bit of a weak one it made sense within he story. The rest of the game was still very solid though in my opinion. I agree about the Frostbite engine I've liked  it ever since I've seen it on Battlefield and yes they plan to use it on ME as well for the next game anyway should work well if they can make it look as good as Battlefield. The Unreal engine they were using was good as I have several games that use it but it's not as good as the Frostbite one so it's definitely a good upgrade.

One thing I've been discovering though  the maps are much bigger than I thought they'd be it's taking a while to progress but I am making it through slowly. It's definitely a very big open world game as the levels are very big and long. Still a lot of fun though.

Why didn't you just buy DAI after you completed the other two? As it would've been cheaper by then :p

Hughesy said:
Why didn't you just buy DAI after you completed the other two? As it would've been cheaper by then :p

well I wanted it ready and on my system for when I was done with the first 2 as I didn't know how long it would take me doesn't matter now anyway as it's downloaded and on my system now ready for when I am. Looking forward to playing it though regardless

I'll get my money's worth anyway as knowing me I'll be doing multiple playthroughs just like I have done with ME

Welp. Lambo coming to Assetto Corsa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsowgkDYPE4