The Game Thread!

I got Banished.  Hearts of Iron III (huge learning curve) and one of the Prison Architect special editions which came bundled with four other games. Also, FYI Prison Architect is 80% off for the next 18 hours.

Having a bit of trouble with the Broodmother boss in the Dwarf level this boss is hard. Got another idea that I'm going to try not entirely sure it'll work though.

Done it took a bit of fine tuning to my strategy but I managed to deal with her apparently she is one of the toughest bosses in the game even though she just sits there hurling spit and getting her creatures to do the work but no wonder I was having a few problems next time I might look into doing one or 2 other missions first and build my character up a bit more.

Ok thanks @Hughesy will check out the comments :) Also purchased The Forest, the trailer looked promising with it showing you building camp fires and shelters to survive after a plane crash and fighting off enemies once the camp fire goes out. Only thing i don't like about the game is when you die it's game over but haven't checked if there's a save option.

Ok thanks @Hughesy will check out the comments :) Also purchased The Forest, the trailer looked promising with it showing you building camp fires and shelters to survive after a plane crash and fighting off enemies once the camp fire goes out. Only thing i don't like about the game is when you die it's game over but haven't checked if there's a save option.
You need to build a log cabin or a tree house I think (I went tree house) and once complete a save logo shows up when you're inside it. You need to press 'C' on it to save.

Hmm think I'm going to finally buy Kerbal Space Program (even though I don't normally buy early access games) I just love space, and this is as close as I can get to working for NASA...lol o:)
Edit: @RevolvingPrawn‌  I just bought it, just watching some Scott Manley tutorials   :)

Ok I love Kerbal Space Program, but it's also frustrating (and addictive) lol. I can launch and land safely, but I haven't manged to get to space yet :( @RevolvingPrawn‌ Any tips?

msaking my way very slowly through he Orzammar levels pretty hard the dwarf section of the game ran out of Lyrium for my mage so switch to control Oghren for this last bit seeing as he is a warrior class character. Still enjoying it but dwarf town is tough

@Hughesy Have you managed to build a rocket with multiple stages that'll get you out of the atmosphere?

What you need to do is get to say around 15,000 feet, dip over 45 degrees by pressing D a bunch of times, and burn in that direction for maybe 10-20 seconds (keep checking the orbit map till the tag which shows your slowest speed is out to a decent level, can't remember if it's called periapsis or apostasis or if I even spelled those correctly lol).

Cut the burn and drift until you're just about to hit the tag, at which point you'll wanna aim for the horizon on the gyroscope and burn the engine again, keeping an eye on the orbit map until your orbit rings the planet smoothly, or not smoothly, long as it goes round in a rough circle you'll be ok ;)

Oh also, hit T and R on the keyboard before blast off, will help you keep the ship on course.

Cheers bud, I kinda understood some of that. I couldn't actually see the dials at 1440p, even at 1080p they seem a bit small to me (I'm blind) My rocket has multiple stages, but at a certain point I lose altitude. I've been trying to follow this guide http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Get_into_Orbit That's the exact rocket I've built. This game is hard, but then it is rocket science, it's addictive though.

Edit: I got into space, but I'm not sure what to do next. When I press M it shows I'll be heading back do to Earth at some point.. I did some of the tutorial but not sure if there was one for orbit.

Hughesy said:
Cheers bud, I kinda understood some of that. I couldn't actually see the dials at 1440p, even at 1080p they seem a bit small to me (I'm blind) My rocket has multiple stages, but at a certain point I lose altitude. I've been trying to follow this guide http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Get_into_Orbit That's the exact rocket I've built. This game is hard, but then it is rocket science, it's addictive though.

Edit: I got into space, but I'm not sure what to do next. When I press M it shows I'll be heading back do to Earth at some point.. I did some of the tutorial but not sure if there was one for orbit.
Right, just made a quick video with a rocket I had saved, uploading in a sec and it's basically just me blasting off, getting into an orbit, then slowing and coming back down for a landing. Pretty short, and I did make a few minor mistakes, but it should give you the first basic step of getting into space without coming back down :p 

Will embed it once it's uploaded.

Bugger, gonna have to quickly rerecord it, the audio didn't get caught, and you need it to know when I'm burning from map view. Won't be long dude.

Cheers bud, I'm currently falling back to earth lol. Using the map view there's things you can click, but I don't know what they do  :# Wow I didn't know there was a first person view :D

Hughesy said:
Cheers bud, I'm currently falling back to earth lol. Using the map view there's things you can click, but I don't know what they do  :# Wow I didn't know there was a first person view :D
God damn it. Shadowplay is being stupid and not recording any audio. Just gonna upload the vid without, should still be helpful anyway hopefully.

Hughesy said:
God damn it. Shadowplay is being stupid and not recording any audio. Just gonna upload the vid without, should still be helpful anyway hopefully.
Anything would help me at the moment. Can't see myself getting very far for a while, God knows how you get to the moon... :#

Scott Manley will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEmqpOkQZCl5SZB5t0vXuxE0&src_vid=tgPr4q5tj-Q&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_133718609

Scott Manley is brilliant! He'll probably be more helpful than me :p 

Getting to the Mun ain't too hard though, got a little system with the orbits that works for me every time :) 

Platy said:
Scott Manley will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEmqpOkQZCl5SZB5t0vXuxE0&src_vid=tgPr4q5tj-Q&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_133718609
Already watched a few of his as I said in an earlier post, but they were about career mode. Thanks anyway, I'll be watching more tomorrow. :)

@Hughesy Here you go dude, only just finished uploading so it isn't in HD yet, but give it a little while and it will be :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjPtyZDviQ

Blimey the Caridin v Branka fight is tough I just can't seem to do It,

Starting to think I need to give up. I think I've approached it wrong again as Ineed to be at a higher level or have a specialization locked down either way both systems would require me starting all over again. I'm finding the final  fight bwtween Branka and Caridin is just too hard at the moment Apparently it's easier to be a mage on DA2 though.

Decided to skip the rest of Origins (seeing as it looked like I'd have to start again) for now and start on DA2. I made moer progress than I ever have before so it hasn't been a total loss. I think I ujst needed to unlock a specialization to make things easier and choose better spells/abilities 

Tomorrow.

10:00 PM DST (11:00 AM England)...or whenever the cricket finishes (give or take 30 minutes).

Watch as the pathetically below average Matthew77258 and CaptnCrumble/@onetwothree *take on the harsh world that is GTA V.

Watch as these two veterans complete missions in world record time, swiftly and with flare. Laugh out loud as they shoot at each other for 20 minutes non stop and witness the slight sexual tension between the two throughout the night.

All live on twitch.tv/captncrumble. **
With guest appearances from @Mike96 **in the twitch chat you're in for one hell of a ride!

*I haven't actually set a time with onetwothree so this is completely off the cuff.
**I'm guessing.
***Mike may or may not be there, he doesn't know anything about this.

"Mike may or may not be there, he doesn't know anything about this." 

Ignore list doesn't work :p :p

Going Mt Buller for the day. I'll be back for the cricket (I'll see you on /r/cricket, Matthew) and there is no way I'm missing this. Others welcome.