The Game Thread!

Breaking news!

@RevolvingPrawn has been confirmed as a special guest in the twitch chat. What a fantastic line up we've got here!

I feel like Rohan. 

Breaking news!

@RevolvingPrawn has been confirmed as a special guest in the twitch chat. What a fantastic line up we've got here!

I feel like Rohan. 
Well, considering he's gone ho before bro's these days, we do need a replacement for him ;)

Going Mt Buller for the day. I'll be back for the cricket (I'll see you on /r/cricket, Matthew) and there is no way I'm missing this. Others welcome.
Yeah I'll be at the Summernats for the day but I should be back before the Cricket starts.

Breaking news!

I feel like Rohan. 
Well, considering he's gone ho before bro's these days, we do need a replacement for him ;)
No pls.

I think Mike would be good for the job. Greece...India...close enough. ;)

Breaking news!

I feel like Rohan. 
No pls.

I think Mike would be good for the job. Greece...India...close enough. ;)
Haha, well, in distance Greece is closer to India :p Wonder if he'd like to take over the awards show? Only two stipulations, no girlfriends allowed, and no wrestling allowed.

So Shopto don't have any TX wheels instock, so I'm getting a full refund. I'm worried about buying it from somewhere else, as Shopto have such a good return policy, but I need a wheel for my Xbox One.

Hughesy said:
So Shopto don't have any TX wheels instock, so I'm getting a full refund. I'm worried about buying it from somewhere else, as Shopto have such a good return policy, but I need a wheel for my Xbox One.
How about Amazon? As long as you can get it from them directly instead of a sellers store, they're top notch for returns. Plus I'm pretty sure they advance ship any replacement too, they did when I went through 3 GTX 660's with them :p 

Hughesy said:
How about Amazon? As long as you can get it from them directly instead of a sellers store, they're top notch for returns. Plus I'm pretty sure they advance ship any replacement too, they did when I went through 3 GTX 660's with them :p 
Naa they don't sell it. Overclockers have it for £219 (it was £245 on Shopto) so could get it from them when I get my money back. If I  got it from Thrustmasters directly, it costs £349 :o In limbo at the moment, as I could put it towards a new GPU.

Ah Overclockers would be all good. No early dispatch on returns, but think of the Haribo! 

If you out the cash towards a GPU, what would you be looking at?

Ah Overclockers would be all good. No early dispatch on returns, but think of the Haribo! 

If you out the cash towards a GPU, what would you be looking at?
None of the current GPUs, as none are much better than what I already have. It would go to a future one.

If there is one nice thing about DA2 I can say is the combat is much easier and more fun I think than in Origins.

If there is one nice thing about DA2 I can say is the combat is much easier and more fun I think than in Origins.
You'll love DAI then, as combat beats the pants off them both ;)

Think I'm going to have to buy the TX wheel from Overclockers, as I just played Horizon 2 and it felt so dull compared to using a wheel.

Hughesy said:
Yeah that's the problem with Origins I think they over complicated the combat which makes it hard to be a mage. I'm finding being a mage on 2 fun so far. I think I should have waited till later in the game before taki9ng on the search for Branka part of the game. Unfortunately that's what put my run to an end on that game but I made it further than I had done before I just took them on in the wrong order. I just picked what I probably would have chosen on the keep so it can still be transaferred into DAI when I start.

Hughesy said:
Yeah that's the problem with Origins I think they over complicated the combat which makes it hard to be a mage. I'm finding being a mage on 2 fun so far. I think I should have waited till later in the game before taki9ng on the search for Branka part of the game. Unfortunately that's what put my run to an end on that game but I made it further than I had done before I just took them on in the wrong order. I just picked what I probably would have chosen on the keep so it can still be transaferred into DAI when I start.
A lot of the "hardcore" fans would call it dumbing down the combat, but I think it's more fun.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
A lot of the "hardcore" fans would call it dumbing down the combat, but I think it's more fun.

so do I as it's much more faster paced this way as well. If I had already played 2 and Inquisition before then I'd have probably started again but because I haven't I thought it best to skip the rest of Origins in order to get to the other games quicker and have some fun with them. I do intend to go again with Origins as it was my mistake that lead to my collapse and I know where I went wrong. I still enjoy playing it though it's just that with DA2 and DAI waiting in the wings I didn't want to start all over again. Especially as it took a full week to get that far. I could probably do it faster next time through though seeing as I know the levels better now and where I'm meant to go so it wasn't a completely wasted effort as half the time I was wandering around trying to find the right way.

The only annoying thing about not completing Origins was not seeing how my decisions would have affected my  DA2 playthrough but seeing as I do intend on trying again eventually I'll crack it I almost did on a couple of occasions though as on one of the fights I had Caridin and 1 golem left to kill on one of the Branka ones I just had her and me left but she killed me before I could finish the job so I very nearly managed it. With more power by doing one or 2 other missions and unlocking some specializations first I think I will do. Seeing as they're supposed to be the toughest fights Origins has then I think I'll have this game nailed on my next attempt. I know what I did wrong it was just too late in the day to put it right because once you start that looking for Branka mission you're locked in until you finish it unless you keep a game save from before starting it anyway which I didn't. But then I didn't know what I was facing in fairness as I don't want  to overcheat reading my book. and I normally use the same gamesave rather than creating several as some do. Still I've learned from the mistake and hopefully I won't repeat it.

Oh god.

I came home from the summernats (a big car show in Canberra) and it was like 32 degrees for the whole day, so when I got home I was pretty much out of it. I decided I was going to have a bit of a nap before the cricket started and long story short I woke up at 1:00 AM. 

I actually feel really bad that I slept though :P . Rain check please! :)

So got my money back from Shopto for the broken TX wheel (£284) and got it from Overclockers for £219 B) Pretty big saving. I'm hoping it comes with the newest firmware, as they don't seem to have problems as they tweaked some of the hardware.