The Game Thread!

Oh god.

I came home from the summernats (a big car show in Canberra) and it was like 32 degrees for the whole day, so when I got home I was pretty much out of it. I decided I was going to have a bit of a nap before the cricket started and long story short I woke up at 1:00 AM. 

I actually feel really bad that I slept though :P . Rain check please! :)

Time and date?

I was going to suggest tonight but the temperature in Perth broke my internet. http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/05/perth-heat-melts-internet

People in my household are starting to go back to work so friday night/saturday night would be a good time for me, that being said I can do whenever bar Thursday.

got to say I like Varric he's quite a funny guy
Is he in DA2 then? I can't stop playing Inquisition, played it for 23 hours already lol. I just can't get over how good the graphics/artistic style is, they've done better with Frostbite than Dice... I wasn't expecting it to look so good, I think it'll rival The Witcher 3. People go on about "can it run Crysis" but it should be "can it run DAI" which most PCs probably can, as it seems to be optimised really well. The game itself is so addictive, but I do find myself just staring at the world :)

So I got F1 2014 for Christmas and got round to trying it out for the first time yesterday!

Honestly I'm not that impressed so far after an hour and a half of playing, and thank goodness there's a seemingly revamped version coming out this year on the new gen consoles!

The handling is better but that shouldn't be a headline feature of the game as that's surely to be expected of a racing game? The driver evaluation system: how can it possibly judge my driving ability on one lap of a track with a couple of chicanes and a long corner, on a new game too? Why not do it on a really challenging circuit with loads of fast corners, such as Suzuka? Also, I changed pretty much all the settings it recommended for me. The scenario mode does seem fun but overall so far it seems like a big DLC for F1 2013! :p 

I will play it more so I might change my opinions but I'm not wowed yet.

So I got F1 2014 for Christmas and got round to trying it out for the first time yesterday!

Honestly I'm not that impressed so far after an hour and a half of playing, and thank goodness there's a seemingly revamped version coming out this year on the new gen consoles!

The handling is better but that shouldn't be a headline feature of the game as that's surely to be expected of a racing game? The driver evaluation system: how can it possibly judge my driving ability on one lap of a track with a couple of chicanes and a long corner, on a new game too? Why not do it on a really challenging circuit with loads of fast corners, such as Suzuka? Also, I changed pretty much all the settings it recommended for me. The scenario mode does seem fun but overall so far it seems like a big DLC for F1 2013! :p 

I will play it more so I might change my opinions but I'm not wowed yet.
That part at the start isn't an evaluation as such, it's a tutorial for people who haven't played an F1 game before ;) 

Hughesy said:
got to say I like Varric he's quite a funny guy
Is he in DA2 then? I can't stop playing Inquisition, played it for 23 hours already lol. I just can't get over how good the graphics/artistic style is, they've done better with Frostbite than Dice... I wasn't expecting it to look so good, I think it'll rival The Witcher 3. People go on about "can it run Crysis" but it should be "can it run DAI" which most PCs probably can, as it seems to be optimised really well. The game itself is so addictive, but I do find myself just staring at the world :)
yeah he's in both DA2 and inquisition he's a squadmember in both games been using him a lot in my squad so far. Cassandra is as well although she's not a squad mate in DA2. I'm looking forward to playing DAI too once I'm done with 2 that is. Leliana is supposed to show up at some point in DA2 as well I think but I haven't seen her yet as she's in all 3 games.

So I get my new TX wheel today, used it for a while and then the fan kicked in :# It's making an awful noise! It sounds like it's grinding against something. I'm going to send it back, but I don't want a replacement. I give up with this shit!

Hughesy said:
So I get my new TX wheel today, used it for a while and then the fan kicked in :# It's making an awful noise! It sounds like it's grinding against something. I'm going to send it back, but I don't want a replacement. I give up with this shit!
You have the worst luck with that thing :p Any other wheels out there that would fit your purpose?

Hughesy said:
You have the worst luck with that thing :p Any other wheels out there that would fit your purpose?
Not for Xbox One bud, anyway I have bigger things to think about as posted in the Stuff thread... :#

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Not for Xbox One bud, anyway I have bigger things to think about as posted in the Stuff thread... :#
Saw that, and while it is a major pain, it's something that can be sorted ;) The wheel however, is of primary focus and utmost importance :p 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Saw that, and while it is a major pain, it's something that can be sorted ;) The wheel however, is of primary focus and utmost importance :p 
Can't be sorted quickly though, have to do it with paper work.... In a world of technology things like being blamed for speeding in a car you don't own, can only be sorted via paper..

Just uploading a video of me driving (badly) in thunderstorm on Project Cars at night, the track is Silverstone. I'll post it when it's done but it's taking a while. Recorded it at 1080p 60fps, I would've done it at 1440p but shadow play only does it at 30fps. Doesn't really matter though as I'm not sure anyone else here has a 1440p screen.
Pcars has come a really long way now, I'd say the physics are more realistic than AC now (or on par)  and so is the FFB which is miles better. Nobody can say it's not a sim once they watch this video (once it finishes uploading) as you'll see, I have pretty much zero traction. The graphics are mind blowing, rain effects and night racing are awesome.

Does it feel like driving in the rain? Grip levels, etc? Do they have dynamic weather?

Platy said:
Does it feel like driving in the rain? Grip levels, etc? Do they have dynamic weather?
Yes to all mate. Judge for yourself. I'm going to upload some more later. That was the heaviest rain setting.

http://youtu.be/YxvfLhzsSn4

Got another uploading at the moment, showing the night/day transition (speeded up to 40x) Any track & car someone would like to see?

Edit: The video I'm uploading is going to take a while as its 2GB.

@RevolvingPrawn I said driving badly lol :p