F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
Got another uploading at the moment, showing the night/day transition (speeded up to 40x) Any track & car someone would like to see?

Edit: The video I'm uploading is going to take a while as its 2GB.

@RevolvingPrawn I said driving badly lol :p
M comparison still stands :p I'd like to see the fastest open wheel car with the weather set to snow ;) And if not snow, then a very sunny day. Not bothered which circuit.

Can't wait until I get fibre optic in March. My download speed is ok, but upload is awful! :s Taking ages to upload this video...

Hughesy said:
Can't wait until I get fibre optic in March. My download speed is ok, but upload is awful! :s Taking ages to upload this video...
It's awesome dude, what speed are you getting? I'm currently on the up to 38mb speed, most download speed tests for me are around 25-30 and downloads are really really quick. My upload speed is usually below 5 though, that 7 minute KSP vid I uploaded for you took 50 mins. Didn't check the size of it though before uploading :p 

Hughesy said:
It's awesome dude, what speed are you getting? I'm currently on the up to 38mb speed, most download speed tests for me are around 25-30 and downloads are really really quick. My upload speed is usually below 5 though, that 7 minute KSP vid I uploaded for you took 50 mins. Didn't check the size of it though before uploading :p 
My downloads are 17meg on normal phone line, uploads are painfully slow but only just noticed as I don't normally upload videos. Keeping my money saved for new GPU later this year from the TX wheel refund, might give the 780 to my brother as it doesn't seem like @Herby007‌ wants it as I didn't get a reply. 

BT are meant to be installing fibre optic in March according to them. Mind you not many people get 17meg with a normal phone line, it's normally 6 or 7 so I feel special. It helps that I live right next to the phone exchange thing (those green box things)

The night day video is nearly done, and I've got some more to upload, one is an open wheel car. It's not that fast, but is a blast around corners :D

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Finally done, enjoy!
Only took 4 hours to upload... Got a few more on the way, one is racing the AI although I did very badly :#  Hopefully I'll get at least two more up tonight.
http://youtu.be/XLJXw-2iaVQ

Just bought all the DA2 DLC for my next playthrough of the games now that I'm getting to grips with the series now I plan to enjoy them.

@hughesy sorry forgot to reply. Considering the cost of it new even now I highly doubt I would be able to afford it lol. Cheers for the offer though.

Hughesy said:
Got another uploading at the moment, showing the night/day transition (speeded up to 40x) Any track & car someone would like to see?

I struggle in the wet too quite often although having said that my first win on F1 2010 was in the wet

Hughesy said:

I struggle in the wet too quite often although having said that my first win on F1 2010 was in the wet

If you look in the PCars thread I've put a new video up. I drive a lot better in the wet, after a few laps once I've warmed the tyres up.

Hughesy said:

How can you still remember that ? :o

Hmm Looks like I could get a good wheel for my Xbox One at some point, sad that it doesn't look like my GT2 will become compatible, but who know maybe it will.

"Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with  Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”  

Edit: Grr was going to use my invitation code for the v2 base (as I forgot about it) but it had to be used by 24/12/14 god damn it. Basically how it's compatible with the X1 is via a addon wheel rim, as it has a security chip inside that's needed. What this also means is there's no reason why the Thrustmaster T500rs shouldn't be made compatible, as you can change rims on that. All they'd need to do is make a new rim and I could use it instead of using the crappy TX wheel that goes wrong if the wind blows on it. Bet Thrustmaster don't do that though :( 

Now I'll have to wait until the Fanatec V2 base goes on general sale....

Hughesy said:

How can you still remember that ? :o
I just do I even remember the track as well Malaysia did it by outsmarting the AI as the rain didn't really come until towards the end of the race and I elected to remain on slicks as I felt there was enough grip for me to hold out when the others came in and luckily for me on that occasion it worked doesn't always though as I had a race on 2014 where it ended up backfiring on me when I attempted a similar strategy. Yeah I've been watching the vids @Hughesy they're good

Can't believe that despite being a mage I've sided against them in the final act and decided to back the Templars

Can't believe that despite being a mage I've sided against them in the final act and decided to back the Templars
That's disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself :p On Inquisistion I sided with the mages, not because I know what's going on ( as I don't have a clue) but becasue the missions are meant to be better o:)

@Lukedfrt‌ Ended up buying The Crew, as I got it for £15 for PC from Shopto. Should be coming today, I haven't had a PC game on disc for ages. The cheapest I could find the digital version was £30...

Hughesy said:
@Lukedfrt‌ Ended up buying The Crew, as I got it for £15 for PC from Shopto. Should be coming today, I haven't had a PC game on disc for ages. The cheapest I could find the digital version was £30...
Let us know what it's like :smiley: 

A fair few people on my friends list are playing it on PS4.

Hughesy said:
That's disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself :p On Inquisistion I sided with the mages, not because I know what's going on ( as I don't have a clue) but becasue the missions are meant to be better o:)

well the mages were using blood magic which is considered bad in the DA universe they also put Hawke's brother Carver in danger that was the main reason I went against them especially after Anders blew up the Chantry. Besides I'll probably play it both ways eventually but it seemed the right move to make from a moral standpoint as they were abusing their powers. Haven't played Inqusition yet but I think I'm on the final level (as I'm about to storm the Kirkwall's Circle of Magi which I think is the final act in the game) so will probably start Inquisition today at some point.

Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
Let us know what it's like :smiley: 

A fair few people on my friends list are playing it on PS4.
It didn't come today :( Kinda wish I got it for PS4 though, as I could've played it with you (if you eventually got it) but nobody here has it for PC, so I'll be going solo lol. The beta was pretty good, so I'm hopeful it's a good game. It's the spiritual successor to TDU (1) so it should be pretty good. I wish it didn't have upgrades though, as I love just driving them stock. TDU 1 was magical when released, I had it for 360 and using the wireless FFB wheel it was awesome. God knows how they messed up TDU2 so much, the map was great but there was no FFB :'(

Oh dear Codemasters, looks like they are struggling. Might be why a certain someone left....
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/codemasters-prepares-for-layoffs-as-dirt-4-team-sh/1100-6424561/

Hughesy said:
Oh dear Codemasters, looks like they are struggling. Might be why a certain someone left....
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/codemasters-prepares-for-layoffs-as-dirt-4-team-sh/1100-6424561/

Indeed saw a similar report elsewhere earlier.

On the positive side though just finished DA2 it's now time for the Inquisition to take charge. Mind you my next pass through will hopefully be a little bit different as I'll hopefully do it with an Origins save and all the DA2 DLC which I recently bought so am already looking forward to that. I just need to install it.

Hughesy said:
Yep been talking about this in the DiRT forum sad times :(

I've started Inquisition taking a while to get used to the controls as they're different from Origins and DA2 I'm used to the game auto pausing whenever I go into combat mode.  All in all so far other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Still don't know what it is with Bioware and giving your character titles though in Origins you're the Hero of Fereldan in DA2 your the Champion of Kirkwall, in Inquisition you're the Herald of Andraste or whatever it's called. Weird. 

Hughesy said:
Yep been talking about this in the DiRT forum sad times :(
Indeed let's hope all this shifting about will hopefully lead to better games only time will tell though.

I've started Inquisition taking a while to get used to the controls as they're different from Origins and DA2 I'm used to the game auto pausing whenever I go into combat mode.  All in all so far other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Still don't know what it is with Bioware and giving your character titles though in Origins you're the Hero of Fereldan in DA2 your the Champion of Kirkwall, in Inquisition you're the Herald of Andraste or whatever it's called. Weird. 

You can still pause it in combat and set what you want your team to do. I think there's also a setting in the options to have it auto pause when in combat. I don't use it though, as I like to fight for myself.