The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:

I've started Inquisition taking a while to get used to the controls as they're different from Origins and DA2 I'm used to the game auto pausing whenever I go into combat mode.  All in all so far other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Still don't know what it is with Bioware and giving your character titles though in Origins you're the Hero of Fereldan in DA2 your the Champion of Kirkwall, in Inquisition you're the Herald of Andraste or whatever it's called. Weird. 

You can still pause it in combat and set what you want your team to do. I think there's also a setting in the options to have it auto pause when in combat. I don't use it though, as I like to fight for myself.
I know that. I am getting used to it. I was just saying the controls were slightly different from what I was expecting so taking a little while to adjust.

Good sesh tonight. We really need to get @jordiedafc on the PS4 at the same time as us. And get pressure @Lukedfrt into getting the game.

Good sesh tonight. We really need to get @jordiedafc on the PS4 at the same time as us. And get pressure @Lukedfrt into getting the game.
I'd have thought @Matthew77258 owning you would have been enough, now you want @Lukedfrt doing it too? :p 

@Lukedfrt‌ Playing The Crew, it's pretty good actually. I had to turn my wheel down to 500degrees but the FFB is pretty good. It's not a sim by any means, but it's good fun :D Well worth the £15, and seems well optimised for PC. The only problem I have is the sound level is low.  Every time I launch I have to alt tab out and go to sound mixing and turn The Crew up, as it defaults to 20% for some reason :# Think it would be more fun if I had friends to play it with :( 

Oh fuck off! Now my T500rs has gone wrong. Instead of showing up as "T500rs" it shows as "Thrustmaster FFB wheel" and doesn't work in games or let me change wheel settings in the driver. It's not in warrenty either :( Got it working earlier but now it won't work again. Looks like I'll have to buy a new wheel after all.

It it seems every time I unplug it and plug back in. I have to uninstall drivers then reinstall, then restart PC. Something's not right.

I'm tempted to pick up The Crew. I would get it on PS4 but I can't use my wheel, may get it on PC one day.

Platy said:
I'm tempted to pick up The Crew. I would get it on PS4 but I can't use my wheel, may get it on PC one day.
Apart from the weird sound problem I have, it works perfectly. The graphics and physics are much better than the beta. It's good fun and there's plenty to see and do :) It can be a little overwhelming with so much to do, but it doesn't take long to figure it all out. A Ubisoft game that actually works :o I feel some reviews were a little harsh.

Inquistion crashed and the autoasves were corrupted so have had to start my work today all over again on the game. On the plus side though Varric and Cassandra's bickering is quite funny

Inquistion crashed and the autoasves were corrupted so have had to start my work today all over again on the game. On the plus side though Varric and Cassandra's bickering is quite funny
Joys of PC gaming bud :# I haven't had a single problem, kinda standard response, do you have the newest Nvidia driver? Also make sure you save yourself (and in two different slots) so if something goes wrong you have a backup.

Had some decent online racing on Assetto Corsa, can't wait until they flesh out the online mode more.

I don't think enough members of the forum have the game for us to do a hotlap challenge or something similar?

Platy said:
Had some decent online racing on Assetto Corsa, can't wait until they flesh out the online mode more.

I don't think enough members of the forum have the game for us to do a hotlap challenge or something similar?
Think there's only three of us, or maybe four?

Hughesy said:
Joys of PC gaming bud :# I haven't had a single problem, kinda standard response, do you have the newest Nvidia driver? Also make sure you save yourself (and in two different slots) so if something goes wrong you have a backup.
yeah I know kind of annoying bit luckily I hadmade a few mistakes so gave me a chance to undo them :p

I'd be up for an AC hotlap challenge though yeah, I think there's only a few of us here who has the game.
I have a problem at the minute in that I'm not seeing anyone else's lap time from the in-game (steam friends) leaderboard app.  Left a message on the official forum but no official response.  Feel free to add me to your friends list though.

I'd be up for an AC hotlap challenge though yeah, I think there's only a few of us here who has the game.
I have a problem at the minute in that I'm not seeing anyone else's lap time from the in-game (steam friends) leaderboard app.  Left a message on the official forum but no official response.  Feel free to add me to your friends list though.
Well, I think probably what we'd do is start a new thread for it here, do your lap and take a screenshot of the time which you could post in the thread :) That way we wouldn't have to rely on the in-game leaderboards.

Yeah, that was the idea I had. I'll work on something this week and we can start next weekend?

Emjoying DAI  recruited Sera Vivienne and Iron Bull now. Sera as a bit of a weird companion but I get the feeling Iron Bull will come in handy when it comes to the tougher fights though. Still haven't got to the Skyhold castle yet but looking forward to it.

As I can't play any racing games on my PC and don't have a wheel for my Xbox One, I'm going to play GT6. I haven't played it for ages, but it does have good physics (especially for a weak console) I'm just waiting for a 2GB update to download  :)

Wtf I get all the updates done for GT6, but then there's an actual update within the game itself. It's says 110mins to finish installing! Really give up, I've already waited an hour & a half and now this. Why are there normal updates for it, and then updates that take place within the game? Polyphony are such an awful dev team these days. Everything about them seems so old fashioned, I remember when they created the best racing games...  :(