The Game Thread!

I might be about an hour and a half late to the stream :(

And in other news, physical copies of Dying Light have been delayed indefinitely, but digital copies still release on the right dates. PC players can get Steam Keys for under £20 already ;)

@jordieDAFC @Matthew77258 has just agreed to a GTA V sesh tomorrow (Tuesday). Be there or be like there Packers, not there.
Do you promise not to bore me by changing hats and glasses in the middle of the sea?

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Yea but without me you'll be incomplete :p
That sounds naughty :p
Maybe it was supposed to lol.
Oh I see, nice hacking skills Rohan ;)
My girlfriend ru(i)ns my life now. From which socks to wear each day, to which hand I use to wipe my bum with.

If I post as Ron666, she'll see, and then she won't let me hold her hand for a month.

Decided I'm going to play the Batman games in order. Starting with Origins as its set before the others, then Asylum and onto City :D Can't wait for the new Batman game. Asylum was one of the first games I played when getting back into PC gaming, the graphics were awesome compared to what I was used to on 360 & PS3.

Playing these games at 4K is awesome, and that's thanks to @RevolvingPrawn‌  o:)

Lol why me? :p 

I like the Batman games, but I always got about halfway through before losing interest unfortunately. They're good, and well made, but they just don't seem to hold my interest long enough. Bit of a shame, but I think the trouble is it's more like the cartoon, where I want something more like the last 3 movies.

Lol why me? :p 

I like the Batman games, but I always got about halfway through before losing interest unfortunately. They're good, and well made, but they just don't seem to hold my interest long enough. Bit of a shame, but I think the trouble is it's more like the cartoon, where I want something more like the last 3 movies.
Because you were the one saying how good the 980 was ;)
Strangely I feel the opposite, I think it's more like the films, as if it was like the comics/cartoons I'd hate it. Never been a fan of superhero films until the last few years, and love the TV series Arrow as they've become geared more towards adults if that makes sense. Think it would be pretty cool if you could play the main game multiplayer as Batman & Robin :)

Origins keeps crashing on me for some reason, not sure if it's the overclock or what, even with a small OC it crashes. Earlier I played for a few hours fine. Maybe it's one of those fickle games like I said in the PC thread when it comes to overclocks.

Lol, true, and I couldn't be happier with owning one too :) The only thing that could make me happier is owning 2 haha.

Compromise, it's like both lol. Definitely not bad games, but they have that George Clooney Batman vibe to me, and going back and watching those movies is cringey these days! I love superhero stuff, but I just don't feel like there's really been an awesome superhero game, at least not one that's lived up to what I'd expect from one.

At the moment I've been playing the Dead Space series again. Played Dead Space 1 to death when it came out, then never really got into 2 or 3. So I played 3 recently and got hugely into it, and decided to go in reverse and play 2. Should be finished with that tonight or tomorrow night, then I might go back to 1, but I'm not sure yet.

Origin is a bumhole!

Seems "so far" that deleting my graphics settings has fixed the problem, so doesn't seem like it's because of the overclock. I'd say the only thing that makes it seem like the cringey superhero days is the voice of Batman. For me it's the best superhero series games ever, no other games with this sort of license comes close. Games like Spider-Man are trash compared to it, but I understand everyone wants different things from games :)

Dead Space is good, completed the first one, but not completed the other two. The low field of view (ages ago) made me feel sick, but I seem to be ok playing it now. I did get quite far in Dead Space 2, but never completed it (I have started playing it again though, as I want to complete that before 3). 3 seems completely different to me, the creepy atmosphere has gone which I've seen many others say. I can't judge it though, as I've haven't played much of it.
They did improve the graphics in the third game though. I'd love to see a forth using the Frostbite engine, it would look awesome. Not sure they will though, as the last one didn't sell very well.

Edit: Do you mean Origin as in EA? I think it's a rather good platform, that even let you change where you install games which Steam only just added. I've never had a problem with it.

Hughesy said:
Seems "so far" that deleting my graphics settings has fixed the problem, so doesn't seem like it's because of the overclock. I'd say the only thing that makes it seem like the cringey superhero days is the voice of Batman. For me it's the best superhero series games ever, no other games with this sort of license comes close. Games like Spider-Man are trash compared to it, but I understand everyone wants different things from games :)

Dead Space is good, completed the first one, but not completed the other two. The low field of view (ages ago) made me feel sick, but I seem to be ok playing it now. I did get quite far in Dead Space 2, but never completed it (I have started playing it again though, as I want to complete that before 3). 3 seems completely different to me, the creepy atmosphere has gone which I've seen many others say. I can't judge it though, as I've haven't played much of it.
They did improve the graphics in the third game though. I'd love to see a forth using the Frostbite engine, it would look awesome. Not sure they will though, as the last one didn't sell very well.

Edit: Do you mean Origin as in EA? I think it's a rather good platform, that even let you change where you install games which Steam only just added. I've never had a problem with it.
Other than it perhaps being a bit slow I don't have a problem with Origin either. In fact I like it better than Steam because if you lose connection your game doesn't shut down you just get a message saying you've lost connection. On my system with Steam games I've lost games before just by losing my connection which is why I tend to leave Steam in offline mode unless I'm downloading or installing a Steam related game.

Hughesy said:

And that's DS2 finished :) 

I don't get why people say the 3rd isn't as creepy/scary, I personally didn't think it was all that different from DS2, while DS1 was different to both sequels. DS3 though was my favourite, adding sidequests, weapon customisation, proper weapon and suit upgrades, plus a lot more zero-g, and having to wear the right suit for the right conditions was cool. They added in loads, made a brilliant game, and got panned by 'purists' even though it was still essentially the same game as DS2, the one the fans say was the best one.
From what I've read, DS4 will happen in the future, but they're working on other games right now and putting a bit of time between them. Might not be a bad thing really, they popped out the 3 games in less than 5 years, and series that do that can become stale (CoD, AC, NFS). I'm looking forward to the next one though, if DS3 was anything to go by it'll be awesome!

I'd say Origin is good for things like the refund service they have, but game selection and sales are pretty poor to me. They could have a game on sale, while Steam do the same game on sale, and there'd be like a £5-£10 difference with Steam being cheaper. 
But it is a lot better than Uplay lol. Uplay doesn't even have a store built in right? I always have to use the website to look at their offerings.

Eamingsay GTA V ithway @Matthew77258. No guarantees that I won't end up floating around going through my sunnies and hats @fIsince08. Also, someone tell @jordieDAFC to wake up and @Lukedfrt to hurry up and get the game.

@mike96 @revolvingprawn

Been having trouble trying to complete the Rift mage Specialization quest may have to think about specializing else where as I cant get the 3 Venatori tomes reqiured to complete it or at least the Venatori don't seem to be dropping them when I kill them.

I think when I do play asa warrior in Inquisition I'm tempted to do it as a Qunari

Decided to give up on trying the rift mage route. Shame really as it has the most useful spells  a lot of the ones I found useful in DA2 like Stonefist and Firestorm. Gone with Necromancy it's probably the least useful of the 3 but it's the only one I could find all the items for. Maybe next time I'll get lucky and find the others